Bill Gosling Outsourcing Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work!
Agent (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 August 2018
Great place to work with great benefits, culture and room for advancement! Work is challenging but rewarding and compensation and benefits are great. Lots of different shift times to accommodate your lifestyle.

Company values development and promoting from within and management is very supportive.

The location is great as it has a free onsite gym for all employees and is accessible to public transportation. The site is near a ton of places to eat and grocery stores, banks, etc. and just a short drive from the mall so you can run errands after work or on break.
if you are ambitious like to be paid well its not the place for you
Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2019
pay is really bad do not encourage employees
good work environment /coworkers poor management
will not excel or get promoted long hours. i worked there 10 years never got a raise
Pros
co workers
Cons
poor salary lack of raise
Not bad.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 June 2018
Not a bad place to work at, especially for students. the job is easy and straight forward, and it's difficult to get fired.
the salary is good, you get a good amount of extra cents here and there, which adds up.
Pros
nice culture, friendly management, flexible.
Cons
unless if someone is willing to cover for you, you won't be able to work anything less than 21 works a week, which can be a bit too much for a full time student.
Awesome Culture
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 August 2018
Great place to work...very welcoming, especially for new people starting with the organization. Almost everyone I have spoken to has advanced within the company. 87% of people are promoted from within.
Pros
Great Culture, opportunities for advancement and great management
Cons
None that I can think of.
Great culture and opportunities to grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 November 2018
Huge open concept office in Newmarket - clients are grouped together in teams. Everyone really supports each other and work together as a team. It's great seeing balloons for birthdays, holding team lunches in the cafeteria, and celebrating wins together.

You can learn a lot about finances working in an agent role, and whether you want to work there for a couple years as an entry-level job and move on, or work your way up through the ranks, there's opportunity to grow and gain experience.

It's much better to work in an office environment, than other retail jobs - my schedule is full time.
Pros
Culture, People
Cons
On the phone a lot
Great people awful company policies
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 January 2019
Horrible company to work for as you're treated like just a number and they will quickly "white box" you if you make a mistake. The only time they increase your pay is if minimum wage goes up and will do anything to scam you out of your commission. The only positive thing is that you will meet some great coworkers here.. excluding management.
Pros
Great coworkers, own work station (small), casual attire
Cons
Only half hour lunch, unpaid 15 min breaks, treated like children, have to pay for tickets for christmas party
Over 10 years with Bill Gosling Outsourcing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 November 2018
An inviting and welcoming workplace that balances competitive fun, along with stimulating challenges in a diverse culture. Opportunities are yours to discover!

I've worked with Bill Gosling Outsourcing for over 10 years. Though there have been many changes over the years, our culture constantly evolves. I've met a lot of great people over the years, and appreciate the relationships I've developed. Work is one thing, but having a team is another.
Pros
Great people, great Clients, entrepreneurship
Official response from Bill Gosling Outsourcing
21 November 2018

Thank you for your review! We love the people who work with us, and focus on fostering that team environment. We strongly believe that our people are our greatest assets!

An Average Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 May 2018
A typical day at work:
You get to work 10-15 minutes early and pull up all of your tools. I can not stress this enough. After that you handle calls as they come in. Rinse repeat.

What you learn:
They provide you with an in-depth training course designed to familiarize you with the tools and systems. But talking to people on the phones takes time.

Management:
Is probably the best part about the job. They are knowledgeable and very helpful. They make it a point to coach and offer constructive feedback to help you grow.

Workplace Culture:
It's very much a circle of friends there. They've been there a long time and often stick together. Sometimes you can feel out of place or that you don't fit in. I think you get what you put into it -like anything else.

Hardest part of the job:
The back-to-back calls in the winter months. It's a lot of headache and puts a high stress on your body and mind.

Most enjoyable part:
Like I mentioned above, it's probably the management.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Low pay, bad hours
great people, terrible environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 September 2018
I worked at BGO for a year and the only reason I went to work is because of the friends I made there. I disliked the way the management treated their employees. They also fired me because of my mental health.
Positive atmosphere and interesting job!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2019
I've worked here full time for 5 years and never job hunted during that time. I'm done numerous types of business and been cross trained on a bunch of things so I never face a boring work day.
Pros
Downtown location near transit, Many different areas to work in, internal advancement, interesting coworkers, renovated office
Cons
24/7 job so transit can be a pain at times
productive work environment
COLLECTION AGENT (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 March 2018
A typical day at work involved sitting at a desk for 8 hours or more speaking with customers who are past due on their credit cards and making payment arrangements. The work place culture involved a lot of drama. The hardest part of the job is having to endure the many people who will swear at you and yell at you, or hang up on you. The most enjoyable part of the job is the praise you get when you collect large payments.
Pros
language premium
Cons
Commission was taken away
Dynamic workplace providing a big opportunity to meet lots of people
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 January 2019
I passed a few weeks of training held by supervisor and other instructors. It was more than fun and made me confident to deal with customers by teaching me psychology of customer-oriented approach. Computer and software training was absolutely useful too.
the workplace was highly secured as we had access to confidential information of customers .
I Negotiated with customers on their loans, installments and interest.
Solved customers problems by handling inbound/outbound phone calls and finding the best solution based on each case.
Assisted customers with their accounts, making online payments, rescheduling due dates, providing information by answering questions and requests.
Upgraded performance by attending meetings and workshops.
Prepared reports and notes.
Followed specific procedure for handling confidential information.
Productive and Friendly work environment with X-box game room
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2018
The job involved cold-calling and data cleansing of about 70 customers on a full 8 hour day. I learned a lot from my co-workers and managers of handling the customers' issues by giving them the right solution. The management was co-operative with all the employees and their concerns. The hardest part of the job was handling aggressive customers though it was fun tackling those objections.
Pros
Events during christmas
Cons
Negative co-workers
Bonuses/Benefits greatly exaggerated. Job security is nil (apparently)
Outbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 March 2018
Pseudo Supportive work culture. It is all about Meeting Targets and nothing else. The company does not care about its employees at all.

The claims for "Commissions" and "Bonuses" based on good performance are massive but subject to unrealistic expectations and therefore rare.

Even people who are 20-30% over target did not receive bonuses.
Attendance figures mysteriously shifted from 100% to 67% because the employee was 2-3 minutes late twice in a month.

Job Security Negligible since they hired most new employees within the 3 month 'probation period' with a refusal to provide any reason whatsoever (which is a condition in the hiring contract)

Would not recommend unless you have no other job prospect.
Very abusive! Steer clear!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2018
If you work here you will probly end up with a number of mental health issues!
Floor support harass those they do not like! No benfits even if you work 50 plus hours a week.
I think any government subsidies this outfit gets should be cut off!!
Pros
Cons
Bad management. They deduct time off your time card for using the ladies room
Not always consistan or orangized
Roadside Assistance Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 February 2018
All the employees that work at the London office are very nice, personable and willing to help. The job can be challenging, because the customers are in stressful situations and aren't always calm or easy to deal with. Being hired part time also allows the company to cut your hours down if they don't require many people managing the queue; you're also not eligible for benefits as a part time hire either. Office is open 24/7 so its good for people who already have one part time job or are enrolled in school and have classes. Work Force Management is very understanding and work to schedule students and parents' shifts around their exams and children.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
inconsistant hours
Fun and enthusiastic company and management
Supervisor - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2018
This company originated in South Bend, IN and recently moved to Phoenix, AZ. In SB I was an agent on the phones and received a management position in AZ. A typical day would consist of arriving to work around 5 a.m. and making sure monitors were up and running and things were in place at the managerial work station. We typically stayed on the floor to be available to our agents at all cost.The most enjoyable part of working for this company was the genuine love and hope in which they had for their employees.
Good
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 October 2018
Comfortable work place. Good coworkers. Safe and fun environment to work in. Learning about making calls and customers A lot of different faces and cultures
Short Term
Customer Service / Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 August 2018
Its a great place to work short term. The management is not the best and the work environment can be very mentally and physically draining. So if you're looking to just make quick money for a couple of months then this'll be great for that, but long term employment i wouldn't recommend.
Great place to work!
Branch Recruiter (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 August 2018
The company is great, both lower level and upper management really care about the employees. There is not enough good things I can say about BGO, other than it is a great place to work
Pros
Management, Social Committee, Games Room
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bill Gosling Outsourcing. Our community is ready to answer.

Bill Gosling Outsourcing Reviews by Location