Play YouTube video button

Canada158 reviews
Featured review
Bill Gosling Outsourcing selected this as a representative review
Great work environment
It was a great place to work, the people were friendly, the work was manageable. The overall energy of the place was great. At times it was stressful but the staff was very helpful.
Incompetence at its very best
Been around few jobs but this place, Newmarket branch has the most incompetent management out there. A person who is good at taking calls and answering eamils should not be a manager. These are two entirely different avenues, never mix them. A good employee is not necessarily a good manager too.

All they care about is people nodding to everything they say and they have zero agility towards change or improvement of any sort. These are just few people who couldn't make it in big companies and somehow got recruited here and they think they have made it. So if you think this place will help you improve, i am sorry but it wont. I will say work at a grocery store but not here, they will eat you out from within. I have seen companies making shift to wfh, but what they did was a joke and surprisingly they are very proud of it. IT department is no less than a joke as well. I could ramble on for hours but this place is full of holes and does not deserve even one star.

The only relief is you have nice people around you but since you have covid now, that too seems to be snatched away

Stay away from this company if you think you have talent because this company will snatch that from you and ruin your growth.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Fire the whole management
Horrible
By far the worst call centre job
Unprofessional

Uneducated staff

Awful training

The supervisors are miserable

HR will fire you for no reason

Complete waste of time
4 May 2020
We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working with our team.
We're always endeavouring for open communication and transparency. We have an open door policy for all management globally, and are always asking for feedback (whether candid or anonymous.) If you have any suggestions or feedback to your comment on communication, please feel free to reach out directly to communications@billgosling.com so that we can continue to improve. We wish you the best for your future career endeavours.
Inconsistant
The job itself is fine and more or less reliable. After working for the company for 3 years. I can say that while you can progress through the ranks it takes a lot of networking. Not a lot of attention is paid to performance when being considered for advancement. You are constantly undervalued. The customers are fine it gets repetitive sure but it is management that makes it stressful
Pros
Coworkers
4 May 2020
We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience, and are always looking for ways to improve. If you wanted to provide more specific feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to our Human Resources Department directly at hr@billgosling.com - the more precise feedback, the better we can be! Wishing you well in your future endeavours
They decided to fire me on probation
After working for four months I was terminated on probation...a period that is specifically outlined as three months in the employment contract. Management depends on the department that you work however there is next to no opportunity for advancement.
4 May 2020
Thank you for your review - we always appreciate feedback. We have shared your feedback with our HR Team, however would recommend you connect with them directly to discuss your situation one on one.

We wish you well in your future employment endeavours!
Horrific Experience!!
This was the worst employment experience of my life!! BGO is a total sweat shop. The culture is punitive. They subscribe to a philosophy of penalize over praise. Everything you do and every second you spend there is monitored, rated and reported. This place is micro management defined!!
30 March 2020
We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working with our team. We're always working to improve our employee experience across all our various departments. If you have any suggestions or feedback to your comment on communication, please feel free to reach out directly to communications@billgosling.com so that we can continue to improve. We wish you the best for your future career endeavours.
BGO review
Overall BGO is only an ok place to work. They have competitive minimum pay, as well as benefits after 6 months, and some potential for people to move up in the company. Some departments are alright and some are awful. It truly depends which department/client you work for, some i enjoyed and some were awful for many different reasons. The overall atmosphere of the building is very highschool feeling and therefore it depends on the kind of person you are whether you'll enjoy it or not.
12 March 2020
Thank you for your time reviewing the Company. We're sorry we weren't a better fit. We're always working to improve our employee experience across all our various departments. If you have any particular feedback that you fell can help us improve, we'd love to hear from you directly at communications@billgosling.com

Wishing you well!
Okay
It was such a slow paced environment and the day seemed to drag on. Coworkers were great and some of the management was decent as well. Pay was not what I was expecting as the ad said $15-$17/hour and I ended up with just above $14 an hour. I also asked for Sunday-Thursday shifts as it worked better with my schedule and ended up getting stuck on Saturday-Tuesday. Also good luck booking anything off as you usually need a months advance
12 March 2020
Thank you for your review! So many of our departments have such a fast-paced environment, it's hard to imagine! We appreciate you liked working with your teams, and hope you've found something better suited to your shift preferences. Best,
Fast paced but fun place to work. Management is open for feedback and responsive
For me it was a new experience working in a call center. I enjoy my work because all facilities are given to us by the management and management is open for feedback.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Salary
12 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback - we love to hear that our Open Door Policy is working, and that you're comfortable speaking with your managers! Reach out to your local Guardians of the Goslings to see what events are happening, and continue to interact with your managers to see where your career (and compensation) can progress!
Fun and fast-paced evironment with fun perks
Friendly, relaxed, yet professional work environment.. Potential for plenty of hours if you are flexible, great management.
Culturally diverse and inclusive.
Pros
incusive, welcoming. Games room, Corporate disocunts, Great mamagement
Cons
Some contracts require 24 hour availability
12 March 2020
Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate you enjoyed our work environment and teams, we do too! Wishing you the best,
Long hours of work
It is a good company however due to demands of clients, they have strict policy when it comes to absences. It is a job with long hours of sitting and talking involved. The company have fun and engaging social events where other can participate in which helps us interact with different departments more and boost energy amongst the team.
12 March 2020
Thank you for your review - we appreciate your understanding that our clients depend on our employees to meet their service level agreements, and provide that outstanding service they've come to know. We're so glad you enjoy our events - if you'd like to participate more, reach out to your local Guardians of the Goslings! If you have any other feedback, speak to HR or even anonymously send feedback on Take Flight, or by email to communications@billgosling.com

Thank you!
Relaxed work environment
Nice place to start your career with. Busy call center with various programs. Good management with high experience. Good place for people who love to interact with others
12 March 2020
Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you're enjoying your time with the Company! If there's anything you'd like to see improve, we encourage you to speak to your Managers, or any member of your local Guardians of the Goslings. Thank you!
Productive and fun workplace
Bil Gosling is a super good place to work at. It is a big help for me because my work here is really close to the computer industry. It gave me knowledge about legal matters and also took away my other weaknesses. What I enjoyed the most is the relationship of everyone especially the game room!
12 March 2020
We're glad you were able to learn new processes and gain knowledge while building your confidence! Though some employees stay for 30+years, most of our employees pack in as much growth as they can in 2-3 years. We're happy to help our employees build up their resumes, skills & knowledge, and glad you've found your next phase in your career!
Hard to Say
Really nice people to work with but not competitive with salary and benefits. You will either stay a long time or stay a short time depending on what is important to you as an employee: nice people or good compensation.
12 March 2020
Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed the environment and people, and understand your reservations. Wishing you well and hope you've found the right fit & balance!
Terrible staff
Good work place, pay isn't enough for the stress. Management is one of the worst. Greed, lies, gossip and paranoia. Most management smoke out of stress from working their too long. Short term job until you find a career path.
12 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback, Bill Gosling Outsourcing definitely prioritizes the health of our employees, and hopes to encourage healthy environments and habits. If there's any feedback you can provide to improve any areas of concern, please reach out anonymously at communications@billgosling.com
Job is a job
Great people you work with, you can find answers for your questions easily. You don’t know though what you are doing wrong until after the fact of mistake, with small and very brief explanations of why and how to improve. Supportive TLs, however, management doesn’t seem to care about what your experience is. Employer-employee relations policies you would find out after the fact as well.
15 January 2020
Thank you for your time spent reviewing the Company. We're always looking for ways to improve, and Management is very interested in how to promote a fun, enjoyable work atmosphere. Please take advantage of our open-door policy with any member of the Management team or HR so that we can improve. If you'd rather provide anonymous feedback, please send a note through Take Flight, or email communications@billgosling.com

Looking forward to helping out,
Collections Sweat Shop
The review summary explains all. The company works hard to keep the money in the hands of the owners. I have not met anyone actually happy working for them.
15 January 2020
We're sorry to hear that you've not had a great experience thus far. With almost 1000 employees in our Newmarket office alone, we implore you to reach out to your team to learn about the great experiences they've had over the years, and find out why some of them have stayed for 10, 15, even 25+ years. Check out our Instagram, Facebook and youtube accounts to find out what's going on, and how you can be involved in the fun activities that will make your work more enjoyable. If you'd like to provide more feedback so that we can improve, whether in person or anonymously, please reach out to communications@billgosling.com

Best,
good experience
good experience. good work culture. comfortable working conditions. fast paced and high volume work. friendly co-workers, trainers and staffs. overall recommended jobs.
15 January 2020
Thank you for your time spent reviewing the Company! We see that you've moved on, and wish you the best in your career endeavours. As always, we look for referrals from those who have worked with us (you know best!) Let them know to check out our jobs on indeed or at billgosling.com/careers

Best,
Typical Call Center postion but they made the job precarios
Its a outsourcing agency dealing with accounts from Canada, U.S.A, and UK. A variety of Insurance, Banking, Phone, Credit Cards and Utilities companies. it was good and suddenly they made a few mergers and got rid of the good managers and it was tyranny and every move made electronically was monitored. not that it wasn't expected. I was but among all the pay was very bad and there was literally no room for growth. Every time i applied to get a different job and i most definitely had the skills to do them they denied me and gave it to the people connected to the management
fully focussed and dedicated
I am very passionate and dedicate person when it comes to work. I have contributed my own quota to the growth and development of this great company.My job role is collections, i drive to collect deliquent accounts and ensure payments are made as at when due.
can be a stressful environment
management can be difficult sometimes, there is a huge pressure to collect and the place can be highly micromanaged - which can lead to stress and burnout.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bill Gosling Outsourcing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8