Bill Gosling Outsourcing

Canada207 reviews

Insights into Bill Gosling Outsourcing

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Great work environment

Featured review

Bill Gosling Outsourcing selected this as a representative review
It was a great place to work, the people were friendly, the work was manageable. The overall energy of the place was great. At times it was stressful but the staff was very helpful.

Official response from Bill Gosling Outsourcing

11 August 2020
Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate you enjoyed our work environment and teams, we do too! Wishing you the best,

Excellent management team and comfortable job with good co-workers, great for people who need overtime.

The management team is very engaging and empathetic. They have always been very considerate of troubling situations that may cause you to need a shift change, but that really depends on the department. Overtime is usually unlimited, but there are no raises typically, no matter how long you work there.

Pros

Free gym on site

Cons

No raises

Great People, Stressful Work & Shady Dismissal Tactics

Fake people in management, better call center than most with decent benefits, however depending on your assigned campaign the work can be extremely stressful and unpleasant.Their positions may be permanent but you can be let go at any given moment, I was led to believe I wasn't needed to work as much and a week later I got fired despite being told I was doing a good job by management.Advancement is slow and probably not guaranteed. All the people I worked with had been at their entry level positions for 5+ years. I wouldn't recommend working here if you're looking for growth or job security

Pros

Good breaks/lunch, paid vacation, remote work available if needed

Cons

Tedious monotonous work, shady management & exploitative work culture

good

good company to work for, they provide work from home benefits as well. Some days are not good as others but the overall company is good. Management is good.

Not a very good experience

I have to say WFH is the only reason that I work at this company, if they need agents to go back to the office, I will resign immediately, I'm sure many agents will do the same. The salary is way too low for what we are doing everyday, only 16 per hour, however we have to deal with many rude customers every single day. Their benefits are terrible, NO perks, you can only enjoy their insurance benefit after one year of your employment, this is way too stingy. whats more, sometimes if you perform very well, they will let you be a so called leader "peer support", which means you will have to do extra work, without getting paid extra, your title stays the same, after they have used you, you will go back to your agent role or if your department is closed, you will be an ordinary agent again. LOL this is the most ridiculous part. I don't see ANY prospect in working in this company.

Honestly

This place seemed like a dream come true but the longer your there the faster you realize it’s the reverse your a collection agent and calling all these people but if they call back and don’t ask for you, you get no credit for the payment which is ridiculous also when I was working there I was a single mom and they knew and let me go before Christmas literally Dec 1 who does that! Honestly this place is not for the kind at heart I’m afraid

Fun company but pay could be much better

Energy within workplace is great but the pay is horrible. I could barely keep up with bills and they don’t give thorough training prior to taking calls during the job.

very positive & productive culture where you can start your career.

i really recommend to other job seekers to BGO it's nice multiculture not even Management support you and train to you for advancement team members also support you to grow and learn. Specially I learn a lot and gain a knowledge here. except pay rate low.

Pros

paid training and support to improve your skills

Cons

unpaid breaks, but still ok because you get other friendly atmosphere

Great

Great, wow, amazing, satisfying many wonderful memories. I had to drive all over Canada with a broken down Lada. But those cold nights stuck on the highway were all worth it .

Fast-Paced

It is an excellent place to start for someone who do not have much experience in customer service. It is really fast paced and can be stressfull but one can surely gain some postives out of it.

It was alright

Co-workers were good. The guy who trained us was great. But management was not great. Also good luck getting paid sick days off because management totally ignores and denies your request without any explanation for paid sick day off.

Ok to start with

Nice people nice company. You get regular support from managment and they are always ready to help you out. Good hours if you wish to work from home.

Very stressful and biased environment

Will not recommend this organization. Mangers are very inexperienced. They do not lead with empathy. Also , your concerns are not heard as an employee. You are just seen as a number. I will advise you work somewhere else.

Good People, low pay

Dental is only available after 1 year. The pay is low considering the work we do. The people are great to work with and there is so much support. But the pay makes it that you need another work.

Productive work place with incentives program and young culture management

Good place to have experience in customer service, direct contact with customers through inbound/outband calls. Workloads get high and you need time out of work to catchup with cases. The handle time on the phone is also monitored...

Pros

Work from home, incentives programs

Cons

Work from home is available

I’ve been with BGO for almost 2 months and the management is very helpful . Teams are great and everyone is there to help .Training was in great detail , lots of resources and up training if needed

Good starter job for call centre experience

Management is very helpful when it comes to employees needs and improving our skills. Job constantly has new updates that we have to learn but its not difficult in my perspective.

Pros

Work from home

it was ok

it was ok, not too much but a lot of calls of course being a customer service environment. people are rude but that is expected! management did not like me but lol idc

Horrible place stay away

Just don’t go here, it’s not a place to be if you have anxiety or anything don’t go in here , they make you feel like a horrible person on a daily and like you are disposable every day

Cons

Nice culture, nice peers, pays below the average

I see many bad reviews, but the truth is that most people don't want to work or be expected to do the bare minimum at their jobs. The management team is nice and fun, but it could also depend on the department you are working for. If you do your job and show up, they will assist you with your work schedule, which is amazing. You just need to hang in there for a while. Management does care in most cases.They are trying hard to have a nice culture and it would show before the pandemic hit. The main problem is the pay. Minimum pay, basic benefits after 1 year and that's all. If you move up, expect a $0.50/h, which won't even cover your transportation. Team Leaders get paid HALF of what the market pays and they don't care if you leave or not. If they would care more about if their employees could afford rent, they would keep amazing people working there. No yearly raises or reviews, you have to beg for a 1% raise.

Pros

- Super easy to get hired, - Opportunities for those who work hard, even if you have to wait for it to come, - Casual dress in office, - Several locations, - On-site gym, - Amazing peers

Cons

- Really high expectations for minimum wage, - Clients can dictate if you should work in office or wfh during the pandemic, - Pay way less than other companies, - Newmarket office is awful, -

Productive, Friendly environment, supportive group

Billgosling Outsourcing is a great company and you can find many positions and it is an easy way to move from one department to another without changing a company and starting over everything. I like this company because the people there are supportive and super kind. If an employee has a problem while working, managers definitely try their best to provide the employee with training or a quick meeting to just make sure that everything is under control. One amazing thing that I myself experienced in this company is that the company is not the only place that we are working to have a career but it gives you more hope and confidence for further progression. I am very grateful that I am part of this wonderful team.

Pros

1: Insurance, like: Dental Insurance, 2: Job opportunities and career progression..

Cons

Insurances take ONE Year for you to be able to use it, changing position inside the company is not really easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bill Gosling Outsourcing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement