Bill Gosling Outsourcing

Bill Gosling Outsourcing Employee Reviews

Featured review
Bill Gosling Outsourcing selected this as a representative review
It was a great place to work, the people were friendly, the work was manageable. The overall energy of the place was great. At times it was stressful but the staff was very helpful.
11 August 2020
Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate you enjoyed our work environment and teams, we do too! Wishing you the best,
If your reading this, don't apply. They sucker you in with a small on-site gym and a games room which is nice but not worth it. They have perfected talking nicely but treating you like garbage. Horrendous place to work. Get ready for weekly if not daily questioning of your performance with constantly changing goal posts. Your best week ever is now the expectation. Once every month or two they collect all the worst phone calls from everyone in the department and we get in a conference room (now in a group call) and listen to them, in my opinion it's just public shaming you to do better. Under paid and over worked. If you use the washroom while on the clock for even a literal minute, be expecting a call from your manager. Remember, using the bathroom while at work is "Time Theft". Your time off will be denied unless it's booked months in advance. They won't tell you you're working a holiday until a few days before, like 4 or 5 days notice and you get to chose a different day off. Also there is no holiday pay because your getting a paid day off, which is not optional, use it or lose it. Also they pulled this on us, because of covid no one is booking vacation time and saving it for when you can actually do something so book all your vacation time within the next few months by Friday or we will select the days off for you. The scheduling is strange like Monday/Tuesday mornings and the rest afternoons, that's your permanent schedule. Not to mention the job itself is terrible, very aggressive collections. Your entire job is confrontation and doing anything possible to make them give - more...
Pros
Small on site gym
Cons
Read above paragraph.
This job is definitely not for everyone, and it's even harder to manage in a building with absolutely no windows, and employers that do not care for their employees.This job will wear you out until you are physically ill, and then fire you because of it. The department I worked in was fine only because of the people I worked with and our managers.The expectations were high, and there was no real chance of commissions. Moving up in the company is not a thing and you will never see a raise no matter how much you work.In the beginning they were geared towards their employees, but over time it changed and the building was just a big box of negative energy from everyone. I believe the job itself is doable and not the problem, it was the people inside that made wanting to wake up each day so difficult.
Pros
The department I worked in had some nice people
Cons
High expectations with no reward or gratification, No room to grow, Do not care about their employees
I will never work in this company .I didn't lean anything . Poor training. No team work . Washrooms are very dirty . Not enough time for lunch .But no manager is perfect, and sometimes stress brings out the worst behaviors.Everyone forgets things now and then. But, if you make a habit of it, you're telling your employees that what you ask them to do may not really be that important.Assigning the same task to different employees. This could happen due to forgetfulness, or it could be setting employees up intentionally to compete. Both are annoying and damaging to employee morale.
Pros
Not enough time for lunch
Cons
Not enough time for lunch and the location is dirty
18 January 2021
We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience, and are always looking for ways to improve. If you wanted to provide more specific feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to our Communications Team directly at communications@billgosling.com - the more precise feedback, the better we can be! Wishing you well in your future endeavours.
I just got hired however my experience has been amazing so far. The staff is so nice and caring and the way they are protecting us from COVID is great. You can't get into the office without getting your temperature checked and you have to have proof of that on you all day. They are constantly sanitizing and have sanitizer for your hands and desk all around. They are also sending home as much staff as they can to work from home so the company can run smoothly and safely without laying off 90% of staff like most places now. The security measures are also great not just everyone has access to the office. The pay could be a little better for what we are doing but I'm personally comfortable with my wage. Again I want to say how great the staff is as well as the training process. They definitely take the time to make sure you won't just be thrown on the floor they teach you everything you will need to know for 2 weeks straight. I would 100% recommend this company.
7 December 2020
Thank you for your review. At Bill Gosling our employees always come first and keeping them safe and healthy is our first priority. We are happy you are enjoying your experience with us. All the best in your new endeavour in joining our flock.
Look, this job got my foot in the door. I thank my friend for that more than BGO. However, the lack of management, the lack of respect from HR, and the lack of kindness here is just... pathetic. Don't work here unless you really, really need a job. If you can help it, find somewhere else. They don't take your health, physical or mental, important. If you have a panic attack on the floor and need to leave before you have a full blown break down, well... They can't tell you to stay, but it will go on your employee report to the client and that just won't look very good for you... They don't tell you if you miss work for more than three days you need to be signed off by a doctor to come back... for some reason. Yet they micromanage every little thing you do. You can't ask questions or you're bothering management, but if you don't ask for help and make a mistake you're an idiot.Right before I was let go, they hired a bunch of new people and were just finishing training them... when COVID hit in full swing. I was working from home, performing well, and receiving good feedback from my managers. Out of the blue me and several others who had worked here longer than the new people were let go. Apparently they couldn't afford to keep us. They could keep the new people, but not us. Interesting....TLDR; Find somewhere else to work if you can.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Everything.
23 November 2020
I worked at bill gosling for about a year and when the pandemic hit i took an absence to keep my immuno-compromised family safe and then entire time HR was emailing trying to twist my arm into coming back, no matter how many time I explained I cant come back, there's already been 1 confirmed case in the building they didn't care and kept pushing and pushing. I advised them that when I came into the building no one was wearing masks or checked my temperature like they swore up and down in their emails they were, they kept saying "up to ministry standards" but right after I got that email my friend who works there said another person confirmed positive. I told them I wasnt coming back until quarantine was lifted I cant risk it they fired me. Management was a joke, everyone hated their jobs and the managers didnt care about anything and HR is there to kiss up to the company. the higher ups are all driving range rovers and expensive cars and my coworkers are explaining that they can barely pay bills. GREEDY
Pros
Benefits (after a full year)
Cons
management, clients, bad hours
It’s everything you’ve heard it to be! Run!!! Find somewhere else to work, you’re just a number...which shows through immediately. Bathrooms were disgusting! Constantly in repair or shutdown. Extremely loud, and disorganized as far as being trained for the job. Micromanaged beyond!!! Aggravating to say the least.
2 November 2020
Worked as a previous employee there. Worked for a relatively long period of time, all things considered. The benefits are great. The pay is decent, but changes depending on the department and shift you end up with. Unjust causes for letting employees go and does not tell employees why they are being let go. HR was not great at understanding tough situations and unfair when it comes to helping employees. Management is awful, no matter where in the company I ended up in. The best thing about working there other than the benefits is the other employees you work with. Great place to build lifelong friends. Overtime if available occasionally, which really helps. Would not recommend as long term employment.
Benefits
13 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve to make the employee experience a positive one. If there's any feedback you can provide to improve any areas of concern, please reach out anonymously at communications@billgosling.com.
The management is horrendous. The customers are always irate. Little support from management. The work culture is terrible, everyone hates their job and is either suffering from depression or anxiety.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
Everything else
17 August 2020
Thank you for your review - we always appreciate feedback. If there's anything specific you feel can help improve, please feel free to reach out communications@billgosling.com .
This is the kind of place that saps your will to live out of you. There have been times where I've questioned my worth as a person AND WORSE because of management. HR is really just there to protect the company and doesn't really care about anything else, management expects you to bend over backwards to impress the client so management can get better bonuses (because you'll never see more then 50$) plus when the company has to actually do something they act as if there's all the time in the world but when you're asked there needs to be an immediate response. Don't work here. Don't let yourself get sucked up intonthis Venus fly trap.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
Literally everything else. You'll question your value as a human being and learn to hate your life.
When i worked for this company, i was hired as a part time agent. however i was given full time hours. when i asked about becoming a full time agent they stated that they didn't have the staffing needs for a full time employee and reduced my hour. then they would call me to come in on my days off, to come in early, or stay late nearly everyday during the winter, or once or twice during the rest of the year.
11 August 2020
We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working with our team. We're always working to improve our employee experience across all our various departments. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to reach out directly to communications@billgosling.com so that we can continue to improve. We wish you the best for your future career endeavours.
As you would expect the job is extremely stressful. If you want to learn about sales in a difficult environment I would recommend this job, it has benefited me in that area. However, most of the upper management care very little about employees because they recognize the high turnover rate. Leadership is not something you will find here. I worked on a summer contract for 4 months, had regular sales within the office, and never missed a day. Still the location manager never said a word to me over the entire 4 months. What's comical is that although the location manager never spoke to me, that's how I knew I was doing good. The location manager would only talk to employees if the sales were lacking with no mention of how to improve but instead that they should consider work elsewhere. Employees had constant meetings with HR (who regularly solved zero workplace problems) to discuss feuds with upper management but no action was taken. In a specific case an employee had a seizure and coworkers came to the persons aid and make sure they were okay (managers no where in sight). After they helped the employee out of the office, management pulled the coworkers who helped the employee aside and mandated they do not leave the phones and management would take care of everything (even though they did not help the person in need). Employees would regularly have panic attacks with the usual response from upper management instructing employees to return to the phones or leave the office. You can find a better position elsewhere I assure you.
Pros
coworkers, team leads, free tim hortons on special occasions
Cons
no leadership, little attention to at risk employees, below average compensation, high risk mental health environment
4 August 2020
We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working with our team. We're always working to improve our employee experience across all our various departments. If you have any suggestions or feedback to your comment on communication, please feel free to reach out directly to communications@billgosling.com so that we can continue to improve. We wish you the best for your future career endeavours.
I'm grateful to have worked for this company where I developed and learnt a lot of skills. They have a prayer room which was one of the main reasons why I liked working for this company. Thank you Bill Gosling.
4 August 2020
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and wish you the best in all your endeavours.
I was a Business Consultant and Lead Generator for 6 years. I learned so much during my time at BGO. I received enough feedback and coaching to be successful in my position; earning top bonuses, prizes, and great incentives. The job itself involved outbound dialing. The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to learn about various industries in Canada and getting the chance to speak with successful Canadian entrepreneurs. There was an opportunity for advancement and I even had the chance to volunteer as a first-aid responder and for the company social committee. After leaving to pursue my education BGO continued to support me every step of the way with professional references.
Pros
Amazing workplace culture
Cons
More washrooms needed in certain area's
27 July 2020
Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your time with the Company! All the best to you in your future career choices.
My only complaint was holidays. Working every canadian holiday, but supposed to be getting American holidays off, but then company changes their minds last minute so we get 0 holiday, and then having every single holiday request denied even if booked 4 or 5 months in advance.
Pros
Alright pay, fun atmosphere, great people
Cons
Constant sitting was hard to get used to
27 July 2020
I enjoyed the people I worked with. overall everyone is good and easy going to be around . The customers were also good . My family life is the only reason I resigned
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Full hours
14 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Keep us in mind when you things change for you.
Been around few jobs but this place, Newmarket branch has the most incompetent management out there. A person who is good at taking calls and answering eamils should not be a manager. These are two entirely different avenues, never mix them. A good employee is not necessarily a good manager too. All they care about is people nodding to everything they say and they have zero agility towards change or improvement of any sort. These are just few people who couldn't make it in big companies and somehow got recruited here and they think they have made it. So if you think this place will help you improve, i am sorry but it wont. I will say work at a grocery store but not here, they will eat you out from within. I have seen companies making shift to wfh, but what they did was a joke and surprisingly they are very proud of it. IT department is no less than a joke as well. I could ramble on for hours but this place is full of holes and does not deserve even one star. The only relief is you have nice people around you but since you have covid now, that too seems to be snatched away Stay away from this company if you think you have talent because this company will snatch that from you and ruin your growth.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Fire the whole management
8 June 2020
By far the worst call centre job Unprofessional Uneducated staff Awful training The supervisors are miserable HR will fire you for no reason Complete waste of time
4 May 2020
We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working with our team. We're always endeavouring for open communication and transparency. We have an open door policy for all management globally, and are always asking for feedback (whether candid or anonymous.) If you have any suggestions or feedback to your comment on communication, please feel free to reach out directly to communications@billgosling.com so that we can continue to improve. We wish you the best for your future career endeavours.
The job itself is fine and more or less reliable. After working for the company for 3 years. I can say that while you can progress through the ranks it takes a lot of networking. Not a lot of attention is paid to performance when being considered for advancement. You are constantly undervalued. The customers are fine it gets repetitive sure but it is management that makes it stressful
Pros
Coworkers
4 May 2020
We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience, and are always looking for ways to improve. If you wanted to provide more specific feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to our Human Resources Department directly at hr@billgosling.com - the more precise feedback, the better we can be! Wishing you well in your future endeavours
After working for four months I was terminated on probation...a period that is specifically outlined as three months in the employment contract. Management depends on the department that you work however there is next to no opportunity for advancement.
4 May 2020
Thank you for your review - we always appreciate feedback. We have shared your feedback with our HR Team, however would recommend you connect with them directly to discuss your situation one on one.We wish you well in your future employment endeavours!