Bigwin Island Golf Club

Bigwin Island Golf Club Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
It's pretty good if you have noise cancelling headphones. It's all mindless work, and it's pretty much the same every day if it's your first year there. Raking bunkers, cutting grass with fly-mowers, filling divets. Pay was minimum wage, but I was in high school so I cant complain.
Pros
finish work early
Cons
tough labour, early hours
Great place to work, excellent reputation. The staff are super organized and nice. The clients and members are lovely. Highly recommend working here if you want to serve or play golf.
Its located in lake of bays, Muskoka. The golf course is beautiful with great dinning room. Food is sourced from local farmers and provide the delicacy of muskoka.
Great experience to learn about greens maintenance and free golf is a definite bonus. I enjoyed the hours because your day ends early and you can get a round of golf in
Working at Bigwin for me is absolutely amazing. The whole place feels like a big family and I learned a lot about working for a golf course. The hardest part of the job is the long hours but it is definitely worth it.
Pros
Free Meals for every 4 hours
Cons
Enjoyable and Challenging work environment. Overall Bigwin Island Golf Club is a really great place to work. They allow you to progress your position if you earn it, which is really great.
Up until this year working at Bigwin was always a big challenge with the influx of new employees every year.Now that I am the cart mechanic I basically work by my self and answer only to the general manager and the membership.
Pros
Always a new learning experience with working a carts with different issues.
Cons
Seasonal employment.
great work environment to develop new skills, you can voice your ideas and opinions with the chef to watch your food ideas come to life. great food with a high end class. delicious blend on spices and textures to demonstrate the different aspects of the dish as a whole.
Pros
great staff, work environment, free food, money
Cons
N/a
very unique place to work, not many jobs allow you to be driven by boat to and from work. Once on the island you will enjoy the landscaping and polite approachable staff
Start at 5:30 in the morning. Work every weekday, every third weekend.

Great bosses, always got your 40 hours in per week (or more), and all the overtime you want (for the same pay).

Nice to work outside all summer when the weather is nice. Great summer job for students.
Pros
Excellent hours, solid pay, good bosses/coworkers
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bigwin Island Golf Club. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3