Big White Ski Resort

Big White Ski Resort Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
The minimum wage was hard to pay rent and make ends meet sometimes but there was always lots of rostered hours to go around. In my department we were blessed with lots of ride time and very, very fun and supportive managers.
Pros
Great team, understanding managers, great perks
Cons
Minimum wage, average discount
It‘s really not hard to get a job and the co-workers and bosses are great people. Some had issues with management but I quite liked it. Work/life balance is a great asset because most jobs have staff accommodation which is affordable and not far away from work at all.
Had a great time there.
I enjoyed every minute of working for Big White! Amazing management and incredible work environment. I truly wish I could go back! You are treated fairly and any concerns you may have get addressed and not pushed aside. I was having some tricky moments with a co-worker and was supported by my manager to help resolve the situation. You are truly cared about at Big White.
Some of the best people worked on the mountain. The culture at big white is very fast paced and adapt on the go sort of mentality. The management really makes sure every employee knows what theyre doing and why.
Arriver au bureau et dispersion en équipe par les manager et dans les différents bâtiment ensuite organisation de la journée avec le/la superviseur de l'équipe puis on commence dans un logement, chacun a une pièce puis lorsque on a fini dans notre pièce on va aider notre collègues qui n'a pas fini pour pourvoir partir du logement ensemble sans s'éparpiller dans différent logement.
I came to Big White as a lifty, and then returned as a Ski Patroller, and it is a job I would gladly do year round if the seasons permitted it. The Patrol Dept is some of the finest human beings I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Any criticisms I may have for the resort as a whole come almost exclusively from beyond the Patrol Dept. The work is rewarding, the pay fair, and the benefits charitable.

It is the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Equipment allowance
Cons
Harsh climate, physically difficult work, potential for critical incident stress, potential for injury
Great place to work, learnt new skills working behind the bar an in restaurant, made life long friends. Saw snow for the first time an would recommend the experience
A typical days wok would involve coffee/morning meeting at 8 am. Check over night shift grooming equipment for any damages then continue on with scheduled servicing of other equipment in a manner of how necessary the vehicle is to be used
Great management and staff, good culture and lots of fun. Plenty of time to ski/snowboard during off days, and you can often take time off to your work week to ride
I had a lot of fun working here. Great people and a good working environment. They get mostly new staff every working season but all the familiar faces are nice and upbeat.
Das Gehalt beläuft sich auf den in B.C. Mindestlohn von 12,65 CAD/h bezahlt wird alle zwei Wochen. die Arbeit ist ein mix aus langweilige arbeit und Knochenjob. Es werden Teilweise bedenkliche Tätigkeiten gefordert bezüglich der sicherheit am Arbeitsplatz
Das Panorama und die frische Luft machen einiges wieder wett

auch die Annehmlichkeiten wie ein kostenloses Season Ticket und eine reihe von Mitarbeiterrabatten sowie ein Bonussystem sind ganz nett. letzter punkt ist die unterkunft die mitarbeiterwohnungen sind mind 2 bett zimer ich habe in kelowna gewohnt und trotz nach frage bei meinem chef keine informationen über den vorhandenen Shuttle service bekommen. die musste ich von einem Kollegen aus einer anderen Abteilung erfahren.
Management did not provide ppe that they required, poorly organized, vague job description, poor communication between separate work groups.

Coworkers were welcoming, and helpful with answering any questions.

Cost of living was very high, and cabs to the resort are very expensive ($160). Nothing is open in the village for the first 3 weeks of employment besides the very expensive market which is open Monday-Thursday until 3.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, location, pay
This resort was a ski lodge. The atmosphere was fun and busy. We had a lot of people come through and wanted quick serve. We had good specials and a good menu.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Busy
I had never come to big white before but I was very pleased with my welcome I received here. Everyone that works here has a love pf skiing and the management is very flexible to everyones situation. It does not feel like you work in a huge resort because the staff takes very good care of you. However, as a ski instructor you do not get many hours and so, after rent you do not make much money.
Pros
free ski pass
Cons
not very many hours
the head manager there made all of the employees feel like they weren't good enough to be there. He has very poor direction and had an extremely short temper. would never again work for BIG WHITE.
Pros
free ski pass
Cons
no trust, short breaks, bad management
Overall my experience with Big White was a good one, I made some great new friendships, improved my snowboarding and was lucky enough to have witnessed many cool things.
I freaking LOVED this place. Guest Services is THE department to work in, the manager is amazing and you never know what the day will bring. Concierge is a super fun and chill department, arguably the BEST job on the resort, so many freebies from restaurants AND a free season pass. Would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Work Environment, Culture, Fun, Friendly, Management, Freebies
Cons
Low Compensation
Beautiful mountain to live on but minimum wage (under $10/hr after tax is taken) is very very difficult to live on especially when rent (on mountain) at minimum is $700/month, in a shared style with up to 14+ others.
I suggest going with lots and lots and lots of savings, expecting to need to use most, if not all of it to live.
Pros
if you work for BW owned places - season pass is 'free' (although you pay $20 per pay towards it, (if you finish the season this money is returned to you). Ski in & ski out resort is awesome
Cons
min wage, no set roster, not consistantly getting 40 hours, difficulty to get time off to go visit other resorts
Fun working with friends. Good hours and the company looks after its employees. Salary is low but benefits such as discounts and free season pass are good.
Pros
Cultures
Cons
Low income
Maintenance traffic up the hill. Working outside at all weather conditions. Guest Service - satisfy customers needs. Working together with other departments.
Operations are sloppy and disorganized. Makes it impossible for people to operate safely and manage vehicles when people are permitted to do whatever they feel like all over the mountain