Big O Tires Employee Reviews

Fast work environment upfront and in back
Service/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 May 2017
Worked at front taking customer orders. Then mounted and dismounted customers tires in the shop. when it was slow i would make work. it got really slow. So eventually they sent me into the back yard where all the used tires were and got me to organize there tires. so i would have something to do. I got laid off, they told me it was because it was to slow. but they told work bc a whole different story said i wasn't working out in the front. It was hard for me to understand why they did that because i worked really hard and i made the shop look really clean. But i think they needed someone who was able to stand around when it was slow instead of clean. I'm not sure what it was that i did wrong. I am a hard worker i was taught when it is slow you make work. You don't just stand around. But i guess when you are working up front its a different story.
fun and energetic work and environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC24 January 2017
awesome place to work and great staff fun to meet all the customers n see n drive different vehicles. work outdoors , stay in shape an get good workout
Pros
good deals on tires
Cons
can be bad weather
Great People, great garage
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2016
I had learned and acquired skills I had not previously possessed, such as tire mounting. Learned more ways to mount a tire, as well as tricks of the trade to balancing. Also they had taught me how to properly align wheels.
Pros
free lunch saturdays
Cons
sometimes slow
great attitude guys hard working
Tire Installer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2014
great bunch of guys learned lots of cool tricks for getting tricky tires on. lots of customer interaction. Unfortunately I got injured before the busy season started and I had to quit.
Pros
positive environment. good pay
Cons
open to the weather but could have been worse
hard work not much pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC23 July 2012
worked very hard didnt get paid very much i did not enjoy working there but i had to do it to get by untill i could find another job i enjoy