Big O Tires

Big O Tires Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
I will miss the co-workers, management and employees. The wages were fair and the work conditions were good. The hours are proper for family life outside work.
Honestly being a woman in the trade is hard but being told I wasn't doing enough when I was working harder and just as fast as the guys there was incredibly defeating. I'm used to the dirty jokes and whatnot when working with men but these guys took it too far. When i was interviewed I was told I would get paid more and ended up getting way less. I was supposed to be an apprentice but they wouldn't do any of the paperwork until they fired me for not being man enough for the job. Worst place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low pay, benefits only after 6 months, staff was inappropriate, sexist, slow paced, not open to any new ideas, no matter how much work you do it won't be enough.
Is not a really a fun company to work for no proper training they expect you but you should know what you're doing right away you make a mistake you get punished for it you asked for help you get punished for it can be a very stressful company to work for
Learned lots about tire changeing, got to meet some really nice people, worked long hours so i was very tierd at the end of the day. I was great experience for the time i was there.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Worked at front taking customer orders. Then mounted and dismounted customers tires in the shop. when it was slow i would make work. it got really slow. So eventually they sent me into the back yard where all the used tires were and got me to organize there tires. so i would have something to do. I got laid off, they told me it was because it was to slow. but they told work bc a whole different story said i wasn't working out in the front. It was hard for me to understand why they did that because i worked really hard and i made the shop look really clean. But i think they needed someone who was able to stand around when it was slow instead of clean. I'm not sure what it was that i did wrong. I am a hard worker i was taught when it is slow you make work. You don't just stand around. But i guess when you are working up front its a different story.
awesome place to work and great staff fun to meet all the customers n see n drive different vehicles. work outdoors , stay in shape an get good workout
Pros
good deals on tires
Cons
can be bad weather
I had learned and acquired skills I had not previously possessed, such as tire mounting. Learned more ways to mount a tire, as well as tricks of the trade to balancing. Also they had taught me how to properly align wheels.
Pros
free lunch saturdays
Cons
sometimes slow
great bunch of guys learned lots of cool tricks for getting tricky tires on. lots of customer interaction. Unfortunately I got injured before the busy season started and I had to quit.
Pros
positive environment. good pay
Cons
open to the weather but could have been worse
worked very hard didnt get paid very much i did not enjoy working there but i had to do it to get by untill i could find another job i enjoy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Big O Tires?