Big Freight Systems

Big Freight Systems Management reviews

Canada39 reviews
The company has good equipment but the staff are terrible,especially some few dispatch managers,too ignorant and very selfish,liars and non sympathetic,especially when you are injured at your work place.And working with this company you should agree to be mistreated like those foreigners who were brought from Eastern Asia, paid very poorly and mistreated by those Morons at Big Frieght.
Pros
Non
Cons
Like mostly every trucking company there are a couple of dispatchers that actually believe that you and the truck are their personal property. Other that that it's a great place to work. Management is great. Equipment is new. Pay is great. Home time is great. I'd go back, if they would take me back, if I was to ever go back to highway driving.
Pros
Equipment, pay, home time
Cons
A couple of arrogant dispatchers.
Do not work for this company planning dept sucks watch your back pay is low for what your doing pay roll is always shorting hrs no 24 hr dispatch lots of BROWN NOSEING cameras in cab watching drivers
The turnover in the office and on the fleet in the last 2 years has to be unmatched in the industry. Not something to be proud of. I have worked twice for BFS, the first time was bad but I had heard they really turned around the company after entire new leadership was brought in a few years ago. All those people are gone within a couple years. I fleet managed and there was a lot of favoritism to drivers who brought "goodies" for the planner and it was well known. It didn't change when I came back and the shop and ops leader were already gone. I lasted under a year this time
Pros
Reno's done to office and was nicer my 2nd time in office
Cons
no overtime but expected to work extra and bad management
Yard workers don't get an increase after 3 mths. Management is horrible communicating expectations. Yard staff treated as unimportant. Unmaintained equipment.
Pros
Non
Cons
Always a struggle
When i worked them, it was a revolving door, unsafer and poor safety culture, telling you to tarp when there wasnt a need. No training on harnesses and the dangers of if you fell. Realy low pay, and they think its the best thing since apple pie. Complain at you if you use any other fuel stations then flying j's

promise you bonuses but the fuel and all that go out the window, which is bs
Pros
get you own truck
Cons
never replace the beds after the previous driver was in there which is nasty
Computer work and customer service.

Data entry, label making, phone interaction with companies

Time management skills and communication.

Very enjoyable to work
BigFreightSystems management will lie to you to get you in the door, and after you're hired all promises given before hiring go out the window. Management has a "no fault" policy, which means THEY are never at fault.
Management is terrible, they use to care about the drivers but that is no longer the case anymore. Another american company has merged with Big Freight hense why they don't care about the drivers anymore, its all about the bottom line
Pros
good pay
Cons
never home
Équilibre de travail sain. Bon salaire. Très bonne entreprise.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Big Freight Systems?
Équilibre de vie professionnelle. Et salaire avantageux.
The company has been in business forever, I've been here for 6 years and the first few were very interesting from a power struggle to major inappropriate behaviour by the VP's who were running the business to bullying by long term employees who ran the companies social events.

In the last couple years however this place has done a complete 180 turnaround. Transparency you can tell is super important so everyone is on the same page. The fleet has really improved professionally as well, and there is a noticeable bond between the fleet drivers and dispatch. Accountability has been brought aboard, but in the right sense that allows freedom of opinion without negative repercussion. We are encouraged to bring our ideas to our huddle board and write them down on the board and in turn they are implemented by teams that consists of every level of employee.

Best - Working with coworkers who now care and take pride. I actually want to go to work!

Worst- Positive change continuous work in progress after last regime left place is tatters but mgmt seems very committed to undoing those wrongs from the past
Pros
Recognized often for good work, asked for input, kept up to speed on company news, coworkers who are more than willing to step in and help
Cons
Some long hours
low wages, good company, good co-workers, drivers are not respected it should be, management forget that drivers are their key points to deal with a customer not the dispatchers.
No respect for drivers. force over hours, no home time. dispatchers will tell you one thing and then when you get back deny what they said. very distrustful. they say they are family orientated but very far from it.