BI Worldwide Employee Reviews

Great job for customer service skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Valley, MN6 May 2018
Process phone calls, chats and emails.
Insure status of customers orders. Tracking information, returns and credits.
Place orders for anniversary awards and insure arrival of the order.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
high stress
Still love the company
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI4 April 2018
- The imagination / creativity is completely endless at BI and it's because of the people they hire
- It seemed there wasn't anything they couldn't do to help companies achieve their engagement goals.
- That aspect of representing BI was probably the best position I was ever in - to be THAT kind of value to a company was priceless.
- I admire the top management still to this day because they're just good people and they want everyone to succeed.
Pros
People / Mgmnt / Tools / Resources / Results
Cons
I think they created the phrase "Drinking from a firehose" because there is so, so much to learn
Great company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Valley, MN25 February 2018
BI Worldwide is a very goal oriented company with reachable goals if focused. I have learned a lot of additional computer skills since starting there. The most enjoyable part of the company is there is always something new to learn.
Awful
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN5 February 2018
Unless you are lucky enough to be assigned to a designated project (which is almost never allowed) you will only be performing the job of a Business Analyst about 5% of the time. The rest of the time you will be acting as a 24/7 on call help desk for whichever client you are assigned as well as other clients when there is a need to cover for absent co-workers. You will be expected to lie to the client when there is an outage to make it seem that the fault is not that of BIW. You will not be supported by your fellow BAs nor management. You will be expected to work as many hours as it takes to meet the unreasonable deadlines set not by knowledgeable BAs, developers, or project managers, but by the sales people.
Pros
free fruit twice a week
Cons
no teamwork, unreasonable expectations, no support from management
very rigid
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Eden Valley, MN31 January 2018
Working here there is a very strict rigid time schedule you must follow making employees feel restricted in a sense. They do have programs to encourage being on time and showing up for work but seemed minimal.
Good
Sr. Software Engineer - Java (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN19 January 2018
Nice place to work in here. Good team members to share knowledge. The most enjoyable part of the job is summer of love where we have parties, concerts.
Behind the times for IT Companies
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edina, MN19 January 2018
Typically a day at BIW is very reactive to customer requests. There isn't much that is regular on a day-to-day basis, and while some thrive in this environment, others are stressed out.

The management here is very interested in "filling boxes". They have pre-defined roles that people must adapt themselves into. This is different from some modern management ideas of keeping the people and fitting the roles to their strengths. So if you're looking for a place to make a role your own, this is not it. At least not at the level I achieved within the company.
Pros
Office parties, relaxed dress code
Cons
Old software, resistant to change
One of the best work place, lots of activities, including, concerts and BBQ's
FSR Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN30 July 2017
BI has many departments, and have offices in many countries. I worked in the rewards program. My duties included calling, Bars, Golf Club, Hotel, Restaurants and any business what had foodservice. BI had contracts with over one thousands manufactures, selling over three thousands products. my goal was to get as many businesses as possible to join the rewards program.
Pros
Many awards, many dinners, wine and cheese events, during Summmer of Love, held live concerts all Summer
Cons
very few cons, workdays were sometimes long, but that is just required duties
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu16 May 2017
Space to Learn the new things & Good team to work, on-time salary, Helping Manager in the Difficulty Times, Supportive Manager, Flexible working timings, Career Growth, nice place to those who are willing to learn & needs a better career.
Productive high pressure work environment
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edina, MN19 April 2017
If you do not thrive in high pressure high stress work environments do not apply here. If these situations are what you live for then this is the company for you.
Too much micro management
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore3 April 2017
Tech leads focus too much into micro management of employees personal leaves instead of focusing on their deliverable and managerial jobs.

People ask too many questions when you apply for leave even 3 months in advance. Even after having valid reasons they try to manipulate you with vague reasons.

Claiming as no. 1 in Loyalty domain for India region but no or very less points are given to reportees. Management is good and wants to infuse the habit of promoting but Lead/ Managers are too narrow minded people.
Good company
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 March 2017
A company started in he 50's that has many same values as then. Siloed business units with their own P&L's create competition for sales team mind share.
Amazing multi-functional C-suite selling experience
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 December 2016
Executive-level SaaS global employee, sales & channel, and customer engagement sales position. Great 3 year package to get new reps started during a very long sales cycle.
Productive and fun place
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 November 2016
Fun place to work.
Nice friendly co workers.Good Management.
Good work life Balance.Very good Job culture.
Nice place to learn and grow.Good compensation.
BI worldwide has offered me the position.of a trainer into art and craft
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra14 October 2016
I ENJOY working in different IT companies..teaching employees and giving them.some stress free moments through art and craft.
Its real fun to work eith BI.
I have enjoyed all my training sessions.
Pros
Good returns
Sr.Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN29 September 2016
• 7+ years of professional experience in client requirement analysis, creating reports, gathering requirements, publishing reports, implementing procedures, planning, coding, debugging, testing, deployment
• Performed business requirements analysis, transformed those into plans and recommendations.
• Proficient in developing Tableau Dashboards/Reports/User stories.
• Having experience in connecting tableau to various data sources like SQL server, Oracle, google analytics, Google Big Query, excel, access, DB2 etc.
good project
Weblogic/JBOSS Administrator/Dev Ops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN25 March 2016
By the support of my team lead we had completed project in given time and had very good help from management side and coming to work we were having good team work so that we are easy to complete the task.
Fun Place to work with good learning
Middleware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN23 March 2016
Good Learning and a very supportive staff and a very nice place to work. Challenging roles to keep you motivated to work and try hard to give your best all the time.
we gave good productivity on that year
Middleware/Weblogic Admin (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN21 March 2016
my project has came out with good productivity and my manager used to gave good guidance to finish project in soon,
we delivered project before given in time
Exposure to multiple business processes
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Valley, MN30 December 2015
While working at BI Worldwide I was able to work with a large variety of companies such as General Motors and IBM.We provided a 100% customer service guarantee which was the foundation for hard work.