BHI Energy Employee Reviews

BHI Energy is a great company with great people.
Senior Dosimetry Specialist - Contract assignment (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MA4 June 2018
BHI is one of the largest full service companies support several industries with nuclear as one of them. It is a great company and I am very excited to continue my career with BHI Energy.
Good Work Enviorment
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTINCE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC30 May 2018
It is a good work environment. Great communication, always positive steady working pace. You are able to learn a lot from the people around you. I would recommend thi company to a friend
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SC1 May 2018
Very safe atmosphere, great people and environment. Excellent training for upcoming jobs. One of my favorite jobs but poor job security. Good paying job
Good Company but not enough work
Administrative Assistant to Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJ13 April 2018
I enjoyed working for the company I just wish they could have kept me busy all year around. But, they don't look out for there employee's. It is up to the employee to can them and try to find placement instead of them taking care of you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
don't keep you working
great people
Payroll/Pay Bill Administrator (Former Employee) –  250 Libby Park4 April 2018
This was a good place to work unfortunately promises where not kept as to my job security I was laid off without notice.. I was a temporary position and promised full time but the person I replaced changed there mind and I was laid off.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unsecurity of my position
Stressful
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southport, NC17 March 2018
no advancement. It all about who you know, They never treated the local right. The pay was great but it didnt compensate for the stress of never knowing what to expect
work at BHI
Firewatch Lead (Current Employee) –  New Hill, NC15 March 2018
I enjoy working with this company. The management is awesome and has a great open door policy. The management is willing to stick by the team. Its not because the work or the management that I would leave, being a contractor in work groups really cant guarantee longevity. Right now I am looking for s decent job so that when the layoff happens ill still be ok
Pros
good money, great team of people to work with
Cons
very procedural based
I have nothing but positives
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CO22 February 2018
I have nothing but positive things to say about my time with BHI Energy. My manager is the best I have been around and always has an open door policy. The site and team has been like a brotherhood and that makes work production and safety a huge but equal priority. The days fly by even though they are longer than 8 hours. We like the overtime. It has been a great experiance. BHI, is the Standard.
Pros
Too many to list.
Cons
Weather can be a bit extreme at times
Very fun place!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SC20 February 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for BHI Energy. The environment was great. I enjoyed getting up and going to work.. I made many friends. Management was great. Overall great place.
Great pay when you are able to get work assignments.
Radiation Protection/Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MA30 January 2018
BHI is a great place to work if you only want to work less than have a year and have the other time off and make good money and you don't mind being away from home for the work periods. Pay is god if you have the skills they are looking for and travel pay and per diem are great while working. A typical day at work is 12 hours a day either days or nights for six days a week of hard hitting, rush rush to get everything done in an outage time. Management and house worker can either be great to work with or your worst nightmare depending on what work site you are assigned to. Finding enough good job assignments during an season of outages can be very difficult and long term assignment are almost impossible to come by.
Pros
Good pay and hour for short time periods.
Cons
No work at a lot of times throughout the year.
The positive denotation of BHI Energy & Power was Management safety culture.
Maintenance Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SC26 January 2018
The BHI Energy & Power company was a temporary job---it was a shut-down ( low levels of power production) and workers were to change filters in vital areas, police the area, assist other crafts on-site, while maintaining a strict safety culture.
Management for BHI were encouraging towards workers, suggesting that a full time position could be available with a good work ethic.
Pay rate was competitive for a short term position. The location of BHI in this area helped to increase the yearly economy. BHI Energy & Power was a productive company for whom I worked.
Pros
The pay rate was adequate, work was productive, management was exceptional.
Cons
The job didn't last long.
Good Job
Support Crew (Former Employee) –  Belews Creek, NC9 January 2018
I loved the hours, I loved the work, I loved the people. Working there will keep you busy but in in a good way. The only regret I have is that I had to leave it.
Pros
Great people, good break times, and a fair work balance
Cons
If you aren't used to the hours, it can take some getting used to.
Good
Millwright Helper (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GA8 January 2018
I don’t really get to utilize the whole contractor and working for bhi because I’ve been at the same place the whole time I’ve been an employee for them.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, TX8 January 2018
Good place to work stress free. You are allowed to do your job without people breathing down your neck. Supervisors will help you understand the job you are about to take on.
Cons
no paid time off
Fun place to work laid back at times
Environmental Services Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC20 December 2017
My day starts off by safety briefing, and then going to my assigned work area , and mopping , and emptying trash , and gathering up all the used contaminated scrubs, and cleaning up the containment area for any kind of contamination
Pros
Working 4 hrs out of 12hrs.
Cons
Having to stay over in the area, And you can't leave
Contract RP technician
Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MA8 December 2017
Provided radiation protection coverage during outages when extra work and projects are occuring. Much of the same jobs as an operating plant, only more focused and hectic.
I was often assigned to refuel crews during the outage due to the special considerations needed when moving spent fuel.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Long hours and sometimes very hectic.
Love the job
JUNIOR RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Palo Verde, AZ1 December 2017
Love the job which it was more consistent.
Power plants over lap the outages
Meet new people, see new places, travel
Learn new new things in the nuclear field.
Cons
No benifits
Good company to work for.
Radiation Protection Technician (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WI22 November 2017
Helped me find work for the last decade with excellent pay. I learned much in the field of nuclear power during my time with them and had a wide variety of experiences and met many imteresting people.
Good place to start
Radiation Protection Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MA19 November 2017
BHI holds the contracts for many power plants and has work when you are ready and available. The company has always been fair with me. Recruiters are quick to respond to job requests and work to get you the position you want.
Ok Place Local manage ment good
Senior Rad Con Tech, SPRU project (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NY11 November 2017
good company to work for, management in Corp Office needs improvement. They pay on time,and offer Insurance & 401K program,.Also 2 week paid Vacation after 1 year.
Pros
they pay on time
Cons
Corp Management needs improvement