BHD Instrumentation Employee Reviews

Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2018
Challenging & rewarding work environment; strong & supportive team.
Rentals (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2018
The team at BHD is focused, positive, and geared towards growth.
Your typical work day is fast-paced, challenging, and leaves you with a sense of accomplishment.
Coworkers are friendly & motivated, leadership is engaging and supportive.
I have certainly enjoyed my experience here.
Great company to work for!
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Signing on with BHD has been my best career decision yet! Right off the bat there was opportunity for growth and mobility within the company. They expect you to work hard but you are compensated accordingly.

The office culture here is another huge plus; it's relaxed, fun and exciting.

I would highly recommend applying here.
Great place to grow, learn and be part of an amazing team
Inside Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2018
BHD has an amazing workplace culture, which is very important to have. It is a family. Lots of opportunity for growth within the company, and always learning new things. Whether you're in field sales or working out of the office in one of the departments, you are a valued team member. Management invests a lot into their employees to ensure everyone is well taken care of, personally and professionally. Never a dull moment in this fast paced company.
Pros
Excellent compensation, workplace culture, opportunity for growth
Cons
Why didn't I join sooner?
Bad management
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2018
It is a small company with corporate mentality. I am grateful that they gave me a chance and taught me lots of stuff regarding calibration. When I wanted to learn more that is when they draw a line, they wanted me to be programmed to do the job and not ask questions.
I loved to work there since they truly have really great calibration equipment and some really smart people, but management was horrible.
They don't talk to employees and they don't try to resolve any issues. Typically they ignore you, even sometimes when safety was compromised. Lots of "double faces"
Unfortunately I was forced to leave even though I really liked the job and got along with most of the people.

Pay was decent, but it comes with the price(staying late, traveling a lot, dangerous driving and living in hotels and camps).
Work hours on site would be typically until you finish, which would always be super tight and depending on a co-worker you could work 12h 5 days in a row. And then also expect to come late back home and leave sundays which are paid just as living allowance(no driving or working included).
Expect to drive in night time on ice, snow, rain or sunshine with your head and expensive equipment.
Pros
Decent pay and no expenses when out of town, very easy job but tight deadlines
Cons
More and more work but less and less pay
Great People, Great Support, Growing with Opportunity
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
I am really happy working for BHD. The company has entrepreneurial drive and I feel my input is always listened too.

It is a young team that loves to support each other. Inside Sales and Field Sales work as a team to close and process orders.

There is lots of opportunity to advance within the organization.
Pros
State of the Art office, great compensation program, lots of opportunity for training
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
Great culture, very professional an welcoming company.

Perks given, co-workers very friendly and helpful. Management is very professional.
Independent learning position
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
Very independent position. Bit of travel within region which I didn't mind. Hardest part of job-there wasn't a hard part I enjoyed it all.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BHD Instrumentation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3