BGIS Employee Reviews

Down to earth people and caring company
Transactions Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2018
Great company to work for, all higher up executives are very down to earth people and want to see you progress....rare to see in the corporate world. They really care about their clients and employees. Great benefits and work culture.
Pros
free cell phone, free lap top, reasonable time off, down to earth managers
Cons
company so large you don`t always get to meet your team mates within BGIS
Great people but overworked
Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 March 2018
BGIS is a place with great individuals that will always help you when they can. Unfortunately, many or most of them are overworked due to executive promises to clients. Resourcing needs to ramp up with the growing business. Career growth is not fast so expect some time to move up the ladder. Pay is good, if you have the right experience and credentials.

Again, best thing about BGIS is its people.
Pros
great people, lots of support
Dysfunctional Cheap Subsidiary Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2018
Be aware of fake reviews. The BGIS HR team posts positive reviews online to keep their ratings and interest up in their jobs. Reality is BGIS is divided into several accounts. Very few good and a lot bad. Very high turnover. Limited growth opportunity. Most hires are done externally since company policy is to lock employees into their roles for a minimum of one year. Job description does not match job responsibilities. Understaffed. Training is poor. Many management and leaders have been around for years but are very poor communicators. Salary is below average. Benefits used to be good but now are below average as well. Out of touch with modern organizations.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High Turnover, Limited Growth, Internal Deception, Poor Training, Below Average Salary & Benefits
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
Structured day with many items to do, staff was amazing to work with well coordinated with their tasks and have the ability to work with each other when needed
EFS - Good place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dundas1 March 2018
I have been working with EFS (formally SAS) for 15 years. Given many opportunities for advancement. Always learning new things, new equipment and projects. Great work environment to work both independently and as a team. Long tenure of many of the techs as well as management staff
Colleagues are very friendly
Project Management (Data Entry Clerk ) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 February 2018
The work itself was very interested
The training process was a classroom-like environment.
Lots of opportunities to advance
Manager staff are very professionals.
Colleagues are very friendly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
work form home amazing
Productive and fun place
Building Maintenance and Operation (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 February 2018
I love working here with BGIS, its in town position. I have opportunity to work with provincial and municipal facilities. Gained diversified experience.
Horrible Experience
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 February 2018
I worked at BGIS for about 3 years in one of their P3 sites. Based on the site I worked at, I would not recommend the company as an employer. I have spoken to other techs at different sites who love working for BGIS. They claim to offer career advancement but when asked the answer was always no. If you're competent at your job then they don't want to have to replace you. BGIS proclaimed they believe in education and offered bursaries but I was rejected on 2 occasions. Middle management are nothing more than "yes" people.

I had 2 major reasons for quitting my position.
The first reason for leaving was my coworkers (I use that term very loosely). They wouldn't do anything asked of them and would pass off their work to others. They were quick to blame and point the finger when something broke down. Their favorite quote was "not my job" even if asking for help. There are many incidents but I don't have all day to type. Which brings me to my second reason for leaving, my manager. I've worked in many buildings and for many different managers and I must say this one was by far the worst manager I've dealt with. He was unqualified to manage, had no idea on how
building systems functioned, didn't trust anyone, was confrontational with staff and customers alike, and lastly would use promises of career advancement to motivate. If I could rate Job Security/Advancement and Management 0 stars I would. 1 star was too generous.
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
See Review
very rough in the EFS division
Pump Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON1 February 2018
Managers don't care about you at all... will basically ignore you and make you figure out things on your own when your having an issue. The job itself is fun but would strongly rec if you're looking for a work/life balance this place is all work no life just a heads up.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Good company to work for, safety #1
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2018
Great atmosphere, good positions and opportunities, organised, safe! Wide variety of jobs, leading the real estate/property management, acquiring new contracts.

Want to know more about BGIS?

Ask a question
Internship Position
Green Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario15 January 2018
While my time at Brookfield was brief, it was an internship position, the company took a vested interest in developing my skillset for the working world.
Facilities Technician III (mechanics/ plumbing) (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC8 January 2018
one of the better companies I've worked for. My MTL is great and very understanding of issues that occur all in all i really cant complain.

im a little upset about them changing the benefit packages
Working my way up..
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2018
I started as a project administrator, I did not like it at first. Felt underpaid and overworked at some points, but didn't give up. It took almost a year to really get a hang of the job. Now i've been with the company for a few years and have been promoted to Associate Project Manager. Work/Life balance is hard with the workload but I like what I do and the people I work with.
Pros
**Work from home**, health and dental is very good, flexible hours
Cons
Constantly busy can lead to long hours
Horrible company to work for
Maintenance Technician IV electrical (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador31 December 2017
Unrealistic expectations to the point of delusional with on-call requirements. No life balance. They advertise for Electrical maintenance but very little electrical involved. Hypocrisy and double standards are sickening, at least at the location i was working.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Everything else
Good company culture but benefits recently cut
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 December 2017
I started at the company a few years ago. The corporate culture and fringe benefits were great when I started but the company recently rebranded and slashed benefits. The company has grown significantly since I started and maybe that has caused the company to lose its identity.
Pros
Good values and culture
Cons
Reduced benefits. The company is also always changing its name.
OK place to work
Senior Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 November 2017
Average company in terms of corporate culture, a little behind in technology, good benefits and compensation is average. Lots of opportunities to work on varying accounts and customers.
Thought less performance evaluation in this company
Financial Shared Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2017
Good location, big company, advantage computer system, diverse culture, the basic job does not need perfect English, fast-paced work environment, friendly coworker.
productuve and good place to learn
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2017
Good place to learn and grow. Management has a good oversight and goals for the company's future. The hours are flexible and you get to work from home as well depending on the workload.
Disorganized/dysfunctional management
Critical Environments Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
I started with no job description. Management have no idea how to teach or instruct new hires or deal with people problems. There isn't much more to tell right now
Pros
Cons
many
Experience lacking
Tenant Services Coordinator-Saskatchewan (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 September 2017
It would not be fair for me to rate this company on a whole, I was only working for a certain contract with poor management. I like the property management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BGIS. Our community is ready to answer.