BGIS Employee Reviews

Canada156 reviews
Used to be a good company. Until they started hiring creeps, Stalkers and bullies. Such wicked men and wicked women make up the management team. Sigh.
Pros
Varied sites
Cons
Creeps
Good Organization Great team work social life Job knowledge, fair pay , upgrading opportunities. Highly recommended, avoid this working in head office ,
Company was recently purchased by private equity which has resulted in looking at a lot of cost saving measures. This started with a big cut to benefits prior to the acquisition.

The company changed its name 3 times to a name that is not recognizable in the industry. Lack of direction or real understanding of the industry. Things were starting to trend down.
Senior management is extremely 2 faced. They preach the “I care” and “for your benefit” but when it comes time, they don’t give a rat’s butt. Senior Management will also “sacrifice” a scapegoat for their mismanagement. They also encourage spying and gossiping to the point of it become deceitful. This has encouraged some employees to outright lie to the HR department in order to get people in trouble or fired. (I left BGIS on my own) The pay is good but the benefits are not.
Changing environment, which requires a lot of effort to stay in control. High staff turnover, for people who cannot adapt quickly. Environment with pressure and high demands.
When you're working the phones, you're just a number to them. They're a 24/7/365 operations centre and they need a voice on the phone at all times.

The salary is probably fair for someone doing menial admin/grunt work, and the benefits are nice. There's a reason the benefits are good, however, because the job itself is not good or fulfilling whatsoever, and they need to keep as many warm bodies answering calls as possible.

It's impossible to get into a routine because your schedule changes every week. You could be working a reasonable 1pm-9pm one week, then 7am-3pm the next. Also, since their week technically starts on Saturday, you're at risk to work a 7am-3pm Saturday shift less than 12 hours after finishing at 9pm Friday.

There's a high turnover rate and almost no opportunities to move up. If you do move up, you're only moving up within the operations centre so you'll still always be on the phone. If you're not someone who can stare at a screen and talk on the phone for 8 hours, look elsewhere.
everyday is a new challenge you never know what or when something could happen very fulfilling place to work sometimes a lot of paper work but non the less very enjoying
J aimerais beaucoup retourner travailler pour Bgis l'endroit où j étais finissait son contrat et les gestionnaires ne nous proposait rien d autre a l instant que je les aies quitté.
Pros
Bonne entreprise
Some directors are not committed to safety and expose employees to risks.
They don't try to relocate you in case they loose a contract.

Don't recommend this company.
Don't waste your life here.
No system, everything manual, no team work, no support

the best answer you got was" GOOD LUCK"

you may quit in very short of period of time, it make your resume looks terrible,

REMEMBER, don't waste your life here.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BGIS?
a typical day in the office would be as follows:
- Receive and dispatch facilities requests in a timely and efficient manner

- Act as a coach and resource person for team members and provide process/policy advice

- Daily monitoring of agent activity for schedule adherence to ensure appropriate resourcing levels

- Perform call monitoring for the purpose of coaching and quality improvements

- Provide Rotational ON-CALL support

All I want to say about this company is that; I thought, was told and promised a free spirited, inviting, open minded environment and work place but in the end this place just treats you like a number, you aren't valued as a person nor an individual, but just looked at as a number trying to make their superiors look better. They also have some individuals who clearly are incompetent in the positions they are in. Don't even get me started haha. Do not work here at all and waste a year or two of your time trying to gain "experience". For a place who tends to customer service, they need to maybe tend to their employees a little more and maybe treat them as individuals and with the respect they deserve.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Pay
Working at BGIS was an extreme pleasure. I was fortunate to work on one of their oldest accounts before they ended their contract with that company. I loved coming to work everyday. The management was amazing. I've never worked in an environment where I felt the appreciation of my hard work like I did here. As a result, every one was always happy to be at work even during our busiest times. I would recommend this company to any and everyone!
Nice support for continuing education. Great work-life balance. Doesn't pay as much as others, but still at decent range. Easy to file VL/SL/PL. Very approachable managers.
BGIS is a great company to work. The company has great culture of inclusiveness and the management team makes you feel like a member of a great family. Work life balance is good as there is an opportunity to work form home. Employee welfare is very important to BGIS.
Great company, Great Pay, Only Con on call 365 24/7. Only other issue was local manager would tell me something and if I followed it the Edmonton management would get angry. We would take an hour lunch but head office didn't approve that they wanted us to take 30 min lunch and 30 min break, I thought it was fine cause nobody told me otherwise in my local office and well I was gone for an hour one day and came back to getting into trouble for doing so by head office visitors.
I very much enjoyed the work, the hardest part of the job, was being micromanaged, bullied and harassed by my new manager.
The manager who hired me and was my supervisor for 5 years was fantastic, but was replaced by the worst manager I have ever had
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor treatment from supervisor
Completely disorganized, they don't value their staff, shift work changes weekly and no rhyme or reason as to when you will be scheduled (new schedule comes out ONE week before the beginning of the quarter). Management don't care as to why their turnover rate is so high and will not listen to feedback from the staff to help improve the culture. They pretend to have your well being in mind however they do not. You feel worthless, sad and defeated each day that you are there.
Pros
None, I thought really hard about this, wanted to mention something however could not think of a single thing
Cons
Poor Management, no room at all for advancement
Great management, very supportive and organized. Excellent benefits and pension plan. Company encourages the individuality.
It's good company to work for.
Dundas office is full of passive aggressive bullies! Don’t even waste your time going to the interview with a “manager” who rolls her eyes and talks bad about her employees. The dispatch “supervisor” is suppose to be there to train and support her staff instead she likes to put them down and tell them they have no idea what their doing... maybe she needs to step up her game when she’s training new employees
I guess people are like mice. Some are dirty rats. However I had many friends there.

work is a code of honor and is acknowledged at BGIS and other s