BGIS Employee Reviews

Beware of BGIS
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2018
Unorganized. No real team leaders. Lack of process control. This sums up life at BGIS. The job work/life balance is okay. Salary is well below what is typically a project management position and benefits were cut this past year. Once you are in your position, likelihood of gaining promotion or career advancement is almost zero. Senior management and directors do not understand how to train individuals or teach them concepts since they are rarely sure themselves. The office environment is very poor. Employees asking valid questions are questioned back for asking the question in the first place. An example, during a boardroom meeting an employee asked their senior manager to shadow a stakeholder meeting as new concepts were introduced. The senior manager quickly turned down the request and suggested a less than pleasing alternative while shaking their head in front of all the employees. Not the type of culture one wants to be a part of. You will spend most of your time finding and filling out a document than actually doing project management work.
Pros
Learn how to fill a document
Cons
Low salary and benefits, bad management
Very good employer
Facility Manager III (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 August 2018
BGIS is a very good place to work for. They have excellent training & Company supports continuous education. Good HR process, excellent benefits. Lack of company's social functions due to working in remote areas.
Pros
Good HR process, excellent benefits.
Cons
Face to face communication due to remote area
horrible company to work for
Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
I would hazard to say most of the positive reviews are probably fake, was at the company for almost a decade, low pay for your trade, 17 cents increase in 2.5 years? really, one pro is the work is sure easy, most days your are bored with your work, extremely hard to advance your career here, new hirers are payed 10$ + an hour less than union rates, don't mention the union if you are in a non union part of the company!
Pros
its a job, easy work
Cons
low pay, toxic management, barely any retirement, benefits are shoe string
Dysfunctional Cheap Subsidiary Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2018
Be aware of fake reviews. The BGIS HR team posts positive reviews online to keep their ratings and interest up in their jobs. Reality is BGIS is divided into several accounts. Very few good and a lot bad. Very high turnover. Limited growth opportunity. Most hires are done externally since company policy is to lock employees into their roles for a minimum of one year. Job description does not match job responsibilities. Understaffed. Training is poor. Many management and leaders have been around for years but are very poor communicators. Salary is below average. Benefits used to be good but now are below average as well. Out of touch with modern organizations.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High Turnover, Limited Growth, Internal Deception, Poor Training, Below Average Salary & Benefits
Down to earth people and caring company
Transactions Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2018
Great company to work for, all higher up executives are very down to earth people and want to see you progress....rare to see in the corporate world. They really care about their clients and employees. Great benefits and work culture.
Pros
free cell phone, free lap top, reasonable time off, down to earth managers
Cons
company so large you don`t always get to meet your team mates within BGIS
Has become a numbers based place for those in lower levels
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 October 2018
- a typical day involves numerous requests which range from simple to very difficult
- You can learn a great deal about different applications, coding, scripting, creating reports using different tools
- Management is not always on the same page as each other
- Many very intelligent coworkers to learn from, who all have different backgrounds
- Numerous requests for assistance outside of formal requests, high non-verbal expectations to learn on your own time, everyone is overworked
- Foosball table
Pros
Intelligent IT team
Cons
over worked
Worst company ever to work for
Psc (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2018
Worked there for 9 months..bully like atmosphere.no management direction..titallt high school environment. Favoritism and nepetipsm run rampant and popularity based on who they like..horrible place to work .stay away..no training or advancement opportunity..online bs ..
Horrible Experience
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 February 2018
I worked at BGIS for about 3 years in one of their P3 sites. Based on the site I worked at, I would not recommend the company as an employer. I have spoken to other techs at different sites who love working for BGIS. They claim to offer career advancement but when asked the answer was always no. If you're competent at your job then they don't want to have to replace you. BGIS proclaimed they believe in education and offered bursaries but I was rejected on 2 occasions. Middle management are nothing more than "yes" people.

I had 2 major reasons for quitting my position.
The first reason for leaving was my coworkers (I use that term very loosely). They wouldn't do anything asked of them and would pass off their work to others. They were quick to blame and point the finger when something broke down. Their favorite quote was "not my job" even if asking for help. There are many incidents but I don't have all day to type. Which brings me to my second reason for leaving, my manager. I've worked in many buildings and for many different managers and I must say this one was by far the worst manager I've dealt with. He was unqualified to manage, had no idea on how
building systems functioned, didn't trust anyone, was confrontational with staff and customers alike, and lastly would use promises of career advancement to motivate. If I could rate Job Security/Advancement and Management 0 stars I would. 1 star was too generous.
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
See Review
Productive multicultural environment
Lead Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2018
Good working environment with great people. The culture of the company is great and provides a work life balance. Remote working is an option. Young and dynamic environment with possibilities for innovation.
Great people but overworked
Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 March 2018
BGIS is a place with great individuals that will always help you when they can. Unfortunately, many or most of them are overworked due to executive promises to clients. Resourcing needs to ramp up with the growing business. Career growth is not fast so expect some time to move up the ladder. Pay is good, if you have the right experience and credentials.

Again, best thing about BGIS is its people.
Pros
great people, lots of support
Cons
Good company culture but benefits recently cut
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 December 2017
I started at the company a few years ago. The corporate culture and fringe benefits were great when I started but the company recently rebranded and slashed benefits. The company has grown significantly since I started and maybe that has caused the company to lose its identity.
Pros
Good values and culture
Cons
Reduced benefits. The company is also always changing its name.
Operation (Former Employee) –  BGIS ON19 October 2018
I only worked for one of their Real Estate contract, far from the HO, and it was a sweatshop with no valuable leadership! But I had to occasion to work with HO executive for other contracts and they seemed great! It could have been great but Management made it that people hated to come work there and that's sad!
Pros
Good company
Cons
No real handle on what Manager does what.. and their lack of skills!
Great place to work.
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
Challenging but rewarding and lots of opportunity for advancement if you don't mind working hard. BGIS is a leader in the industry and the gold standard for facility management and associated support businesses.
Good place to learn and grow
Waste Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2018
BGIS is a property management company that employs workers in almost every field. It is a good place to learn and develop skills. Management often has a high turn over but overall the managers at my location were very helpful. I would recommend this company to any new graduated looking to gain professional experience.
No shortage of work
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 October 2018
Very busy work environment.
Always work to be done.
Fast paste environment.
Corporate communication is great.
Growing company looking to take over the Facility maintenance market in north America.
Pros
company vehicle
Busy & fast paste environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbellton, NB15 October 2018
Very busy work environment.
Always work to be done.
Fast paste environment.
Productive workplace
Leasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 September 2018
Employees are regularly updated by the CEO on the plans and programs of the company.
The company is involved in environment preservation of natural resources.
There is tree planting and cleaning marathon in the nearby areas where the main office is situated.
Pros
there is room for growth
horrible
Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 September 2018
upper management has been there forever and needs to be removed. uneducated, dump their own work and responsibilities on the new staff and always leave work for BS reasons.
Aging workforce
Data Analyst, Scheduling & Planning (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 August 2018
Workforce is fairly old. Not a "fun" place to work for young professionals. Consequentially not exactly thriving for innovation. Flexible work hours and work from home capabilities is a big plus though.
Pros
Large, growing company
Cons
In markham
OK place to work
Senior Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 November 2017
Average company in terms of corporate culture, a little behind in technology, good benefits and compensation is average. Lots of opportunities to work on varying accounts and customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BGIS. Our community is ready to answer.