BGIS

BGIS Employee Reviews

Give us your opinion about a typical day at work what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
J'ai fait parti de l'équipe de service technique de BGIS pendant plus de 5 ans et demi. Pendant les 4 premières années tout allait à merveille et on a toujours été excessivement satisfait du travail que j'accomplissais, en plus de recevoir des lettre d'extrême satisfaction de la part de la clientèle que je servais. Lorsque qu'un nouveau superviseur prit le poste de l'ancien et qu'un nouveau chef d'équipe fut nommé, tout a basculé. On a monté un dossier contre moi, de mauvaise conduite du véhicule de compagnie alors que ce ne fut jamais le cas de mon côté, on m'a attribué des erreurs qui n'étaient aucunement de ma faute jusqu'à utiliser le contexte de la covid pour me faire croire qu'ils devaient couper des postes à cause de de la perte de clientèle parce que la quantité de travail avait supposément changé alors que je sais très bien qu'avant que je sois mis à pied, ainsi que par une autre source sure à l'intérieur de la compagnie, que celle-ci n'avait aucunement perdu de quantité de travail ni qu'il y avait moins de client à servir. La compagnie a de plus augmenté son porte-feuille de clients de façon très importante par la suite. On s'est débarrassé de moi pour une raison que j'ignore mais je doute fortement que le nouveau superviseur et le chef d'équipe y aient été pour beaucoup dans toute cette histoire. Dans ce département de la compagnie chez BGIS, la culture d'hypocrisie a grandi énormément depuis que ceux-ci sont entrés en fonction.
Pros
Cons
Hypocrisie, mensonges, complotisme pour arriver Ă  leur fin
It’s not a workplace You are made to look down, obey orders And worship the desperate starving unemployable savages. Some of the management are trained killers ! Watch out!Belttlement if you’re not European. 23.5 hrs a day.
Pros
Cons
Savagery galore! Belittling by the brain dead Management
If you want a career in Facility services in ant xapacity this is the company in Canada to join. Good work environment, clear goals and high ethics. .
Pros
Clear goalsxand ethics
Cons
Can be stressful for some, need to be a decision maker.
politics red tape and less than helpful supervisors and management. if you like feeling belittled this is the place for you. zero support for advancement and little knowledge of requirements for building operators this company has no clue how to utilize such skills
Pros
Cons
its get the most for the least at this company, . they exploit your skills if they can actually see that far past themselves.
Commercial administration of the facilities of a large chain of stores. Administration of budgeting/accounts payable and repair or replacement projects.Site visitation and assessment of facilities to ensure the smooth operation of the store.Initiate insurance claims when necessary to ensure that a store was not closed unnecessarily after a flood or break in.Work from home and 60% field travel.Travel to head office in Ontario and provisions looked after at the head-office level.Working with all kinds of different people and helping each client when and how they needed assistance.There were few cons in this job. The restructure of the company was the only con.
Pros
Everything about this job was a PRO.
Cons
Restructure of company produced an unfortunate result.
BGIS is a third party property management company so they don't actually own anything. It's all about obtaining contracts and trying to save the client money. Initially when I first joined, everything was going great and pay was good however my manager was in Montreal and had little time to provide direction. They had told me there were only a couple of sites to look after then I found out I was looking after 6. They are trying to run a 300,000 sq. ft. facility with one un-ticketed engineer. I told HR that I was overworked and did not receive any response. There was never any budget to hire staff or perform simple maintenance repairs then the client thinks it's your fault things aren't getting done. Client is always right and BGIS will never stand behind their employees. I had to make a spreadsheet to track all my overtime hours because I was pretty much working 7 days per week. Management has no problem lying to you. They told me the client was restructuring and my position will be terminated however they had already planned my replacement who started the same day I left! Shady company.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Long hours, no budget, top heavy, Hr
Beware positive reviews from leadership. If the place is that good then you can write something to back it up. See the review about clueless management, and the other about working with the worst in the industry. I can vouch for all these poor reviews. This company is a dinosaur from 1990s. Toxic and stooopid. On boarding is laughable. HR is dumber than a box of rocks so you just end up going to the SVP for any mundane request the generalists generally can’t perform. How any client pays for their lame service??
Pros
Keurig machines
Cons
You need to bring your own Keurig pod. No joke.
L'esprits d'équipe est incroyable et si nous travaillons pour avancer, nous avons le soutien nécessaire.
Pros
Possibilité d'avancement
Cons
Conciliation travail famille un peu
I was expected to work at all times of the day and on call weekend and after hours with no pay. Complained to HR and no response. Instead got a letter stating that they are removing the facility manager from the contract however hired someone behind my back while I was working. Did not want to spend any money on maintenance instead wasted taxpayer dollars security of their Would never recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Parking spot
Cons
Don't stand behind their employees.
BGIS values their employees and promote within to help you excel in your career. Team members are collaborative and easy to get along with. The pay and benefits are good
I worked at Bgis as a summer student. At first they taught me about property management and about the property Services coordinator Position, but the next day I was organizing their storage room and spending a month just shredding paper everyday. I would of liked to work as an actual student not do their dirty work. The coworkers were really nice though and pay was good for shredding paper.
Pros
Nice coworkers, free food
Cons
Didn’t actually do any work
J'ai commencé a travailler chez Roy technique en 2016 comme technicien en bâtiment et en 2019 j'ai eu une promotion a titre de superviseur de techniciens spécialisés pour l'entretien technique de trois tours a bureaux situés a Montréal. Roy technique est une entreprise dynamique et a l'écoute de ses employés.
Pros
Possibilité d'avancement
Management has no problem lying to you and destroying your future. Managers were almost never available to help with day to day operations, and doing their work for them was encouraged.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Managers are con artists.
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management will tell you what you want to hear to make you stay but won't follow through. Zero discipline for poor workmanship or actions by other plumbers. The plumbing division has a very poor reputation with its clients. Property managers/contract managers who work for BGIS are under no obligation to use BGIS technicians so they use sub-contractors that they have more control over. As a result, you often have 25-30 hours a week. Only get paid for what you bill. Make sure you have "guaranteed 40-hours pay" built into your hiring contract. The electronic work order and receipt system is a disaster. So you will inevitably be required redo documentation for free. Are expected to perform truck maintenance, cleaning, team safety training and meetings for free. Zero truck policy. Downtown Toronto and you need a fill valve for a toilet. Drive 30 mins to the supplier than drive back. Charge 3 hours for the call. The subcontractor charges 1 hour because they have truck stock. Who do you think they use?
Pros
You can do what ever you want, there is almost zero discipline for poor behaviour or poor worksmenship
Cons
Unsteady hours, Poor management, Zero organization and planning in their decisions
I enjoyed my time with BGIS. The company is fair and true to their values. The work is challenging. Compensation and advancement is very good. Good work is rewarded
Pros
Great work
Cons
Most Team Members are expected to be available 24/7.
The main things I didn't like about BGIS was the mixed messaging on nearly everything and how inept, clueless and childish most of the senior leadership team is. You're hired as a subject matter expert in your field, but yet you're told how to do your job and your suggestions are ignored. Senior leadership says do X, Y, Z, so you do it. Don't talk back or question anything and be ready for interrogation on a subject they know nothing about. Just say, "Yes," and let the communication flow one way...straight down from the top. The amount of projects I worked on that failed or were a complete waste of time after I suggested a better path or warned about potential risks were too many. It got to the point where I stopped saying anything at all because it wasn't well received. I did see a lot of success mind you, but not without its headaches. I saw good people chewed up and spit out because their direct reports were ruthless. They leave or get fired while management stays and gets shuffled around. I saw one leader get moved around to at least four different departments in my time after they failed to deliver on absolutely anything. I would have been fired for such incompetence, but politics prevail at BGIS. They handle terminations so poorly and distastefully that it's down right laughable. They're sharks. If you don't make their half-baked ideas a reality, you're not going to last long because you're making them look bad in front of their peers. It's a vicious cycle. Bad ideas are simply bad ideas. So, you end up future endeavored under the guise of "restructuring" when, in - more...
Pros
They pay well, Learned a lot because I was always in the frying pan with no direction
Cons
Can't get promoted, Anyone below senior management is expendable, You're expertise is not valued, You're told how to do your job by someone who doesn't know how to do it, You're expected to always say yes, What they say to team members is not how it actually is, Executives act like children, Projects sometimes fail because management doesn't listen, Shady things behind closed door, Lots of nepotism.
Used to be a good company. Until they started hiring creeps, Stalkers and bullies. Such wicked men and wicked women make up the management team. Sigh.
Pros
Varied sites
Cons
Creeps
Good Organization Great team work social life Job knowledge, fair pay , upgrading opportunities. Highly recommended, avoid this working in head office ,
Company was recently purchased by private equity which has resulted in looking at a lot of cost saving measures. This started with a big cut to benefits prior to the acquisition. The company changed its name 3 times to a name that is not recognizable in the industry. Lack of direction or real understanding of the industry. Things were starting to trend down.
Senior management is extremely 2 faced. They preach the “I care” and “for your benefit” but when it comes time, they don’t give a rat’s butt. Senior Management will also “sacrifice” a scapegoat for their mismanagement. They also encourage spying and gossiping to the point of it become deceitful. This has encouraged some employees to outright lie to the HR department in order to get people in trouble or fired. (I left BGIS on my own) The pay is good but the benefits are not.
  1. Employee reviews