BGC Partners Employee Reviews

Fast
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Whitney, TX12 November 2018
Full of smiles. And a fun working environment. Always clean and neat. Full of amazing people very small town. Almost everyone knows everyone so it feels like home.
Pros
Amazing managers
Fun Place to work at
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 October 2018
Great place to meet people and have fun at work. Culture is usually intense, due to the trading floor. People are usually friendly to work with. Every year they have Charity Day during 9/11
great team work with financial gain
money broker (Former Employee) –  London12 September 2018
would be. starting. early around 7.00am finishing. around 5.00pm
learned. all about the. financial markets, great. team work hard working hardest part of the. job was getting. up at. around 5.00am and. the. late. evenings most. enjoyable was when the. market was. busy and the. social entertainment
Great place.
FX Broker (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2018
Great place and great people. Very knowledgeable and professional in what they do. Whilst doing my work experience I learned a huge amount about capital markets.
Working at brookshires store 10/super1
Brookshires/super1 (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TX11 August 2018
Loved my job it is a wonderful place to work if you are a college student. I wish they moved people up in the company more often i ask two times for a hirer position
Cons
Very short breaks, not very many raises
Sale traders have a lot of freedom and initiative to drum up business
Global Macro Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 July 2018
Very flexible working hour as sales trader earns 50% of what you harvest in the market place. Friendly and congenial place to work. The office is conveniently located in Jersey City.
Pros
Allow personal initiatives and independence
Cons
overly regulated iwth compliances
Great place to learn
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY24 June 2018
Great place to grow. Fast-paced environment and team based culture, things get done quick. Overall company takes care of their employees very well. Would recommend.
Management is very poor
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN10 May 2018
Management is very poor. No one cares about your advancement or how hard you work, it's a man's world in this Memphis office. Such a sexist leader, it is awful.
Pros
new office
Cons
management
rather not
Fixed Income Broker - Asian Credit (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HK27 March 2018
Negative reviews seen here - are from a very different time that's before the reorganisation in the first quarter of 2017. In those times, highly driven sales individuals were paid really well - but this sometimes could be at the expense of teamwork and morale.
Poor Managment
Junior Global IT Finance Analyst (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY2 March 2018
They are not concerned with building a succeful business. They downgrade systems, demote managers to cut salary costs, have tons of temps but have them work as full time, not the place you want to be.
Pros
Non
Cons
Nearly Everything
Productive but not enough staff
Market Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY26 December 2017
I work from 8:00 to 4:30 my job is enjoyable, but we are so under staff, that there is too much work for one employee to do. The most enjoyable part of my job is the coworkers I work with as they have taught me a lot for the past year I've been there and I enjoy working with them.
Financial Intern
Financial Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 December 2017
This was a good experience to learn how the business world worked. Helped teach me about the financial markets and Bloomberg. All of the employees were very helpful and willing to help me throughout the internship.
Fast paced work culture
IT PMO Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NY26 November 2017
A great financial services company to work for with the growing business merger and acquisitions, it is a great place to work for and to learn........
great atmosphere
Broker (Former Employee) –  london7 October 2017
Everyone lively and full of energy. Lots of banter but still very focused on their work. Early mornings however they can leave at 1700. very busy in the mornings but slows down after noon.
Professional
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London8 August 2017
Flexible working hours
Good group of people to work with
diversified portfolio of clients with plenty of scope to learn and improve,
some traders were difficult to explain need for compliance
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
pay could have been better
Great internship, learned a lot
Summer Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 March 2017
I interned for 9 weeks in the IT department of BGC Partners, and I loved every minute of it. The employees understood we were there to learn and gain experience, and they made sure to assign interns meaningful work. My boss was fantastic...even if he was busy (which he often was) he made time to talk to me and answer any questions I had. Every one I worked with was friendly, incredibly smart, and genuinely wanted to help us interns have a great time at BGC. The company stresses the importance of communication and good working relationships, and it really showed during my time there. Additionally, while I worked in financial tech I was more interested in financial legal/compliance as a career, so my supervisors set up a meeting for me with their compliance department so I could learn more about that field. I definitely recommend this internship to any college student with even a mild interest in finance or technology.
Financial and Real Estate Company
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 March 2017
- Designing, implementation, troubleshooting of remote offices which included office moves, re-designs, equipment and network upgrades for newly acquired companies. Worked with various teams (Network Operations, Windows/Unix, Voice Networks, Network Security, Facilities) to complete these assignments.
- Day to day support for overall network (troubleshooting, changes, tickets, and various projects for both foreign and domestic).
Fast Paced
Intern (Former Employee) –  London12 September 2016
Learnt a lot about the world of banking from a brokers perspective. Co-workers were very hard working and target driven.
Productive Workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL31 August 2016
• Creating a performance review system to analyse the performance of the domestic currency in the world economy on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
• Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions. Identifies financial status by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Recommends actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
• Formulated comprehensive industry and company investment reports and recommendations with current and recent updates for submission to domestic and foreign retail and institutional clients
• Applied knowledge of systems and application design to assist technical development team in creation of effective software solutions
Not a place for young talent
Dev Customer Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NY12 July 2016
A lot of senior folks with many years invested in the firm have a lot of knowledge but everything is run old-school. Management is unprofessional and there is little to no room for advancement.

Technology is very poor. Systems go down all the time and most of us do not even have functioning (or any) laptops/cell phones.

The benefits are average to below average. Again, if you have no other options then BGC is a stable choice. However, if you are qualified to go elsewhere, please do.