BGC Partners

BGC Partners Employee Reviews

Very aggressive atmosphere, lots of arguments on trading floor, you have to have very thick skin to work on the trading floor expected to go out regularly with clients
Loved the people I worked with, but felt we were undervalued by management. No real raises (occasional 3% raise is insulting, not even cost of living increase). Bad benefits. Confusing "Partnership units" as "equity" bonus you can never sell.

Constant whiplash as management approves projects, cancels projects. Approves hiring, sits on hires for months and then cancels them. Hires people then lays them off.

After watching a line of people walking out the door, decided it was finally time to follow them.
Pros
Interesting financial technical problems
Cons
Bad benefits, no 401(k) matching, uncertain direction.
I thoroughly enjoyed My time at BGC, however My role there as Broker was very niche and unique and very different to job roles in the regular workplace which makes comparisons largely unfair and difficult.
Pros
Earning potential
Cons
The dynamics of the Finance industry are not for everyone.
The Multifamily branch of this organization has become an absolute disaster. The once thriving culture is no longer evident, the once valued/respected middle managers are gone, the absence of effective HR is painfully obvious, the amount of people leaving is disturbing, upper management is toxic. I would only recommend this organization to build one's resume before moving on.
Was a good place at the start and a majority of the people were great, however they cheated many of us out of pay raises by giving us a $0.11 USD per year increase that got rounded down and out of every pay check. This and many of my complaints may have been mostly done by NKF whom owned BCG, however id not advise anyone to work for this company for any young talent or junior talent within the CAD and CAFM field.

Management would often fill us with sweet words and false promises and management would often lie to us and break promises. Often we would have meaningless meetings that wasted our time, many of us tryong to cram in every second of the day to finish projects, with even one employee working so hard he would often pass out asleep while working.

they legit looked for a reason to let me go, replaced me with a team in india and fought my application for unemployment every step of the way requiring me to borrow money.

No matter how much extra work I had done to fix problems and make the work easier for everyone, i never got much recognition, and was just tossed out once they wanted tocfind a cheaper source of labor.
I thought it was going to be a great company to work for but they do nothing but bag stab you and don't promote you unless you don't speak English, rarely do they ever promote anybody who speaks perfect English, but they do hire nice convicts
I enjoyed my time at BGC, working along side some great colleagues along the way. Typical day at work was to support brokers, middle and back office staff for any IT issues they may have. Downside there wasn't much travel aspect in my role.
It was a fair company to earn experience and learn how to work in ranging weather conditions. Only problems were with some of the management they had.
I met many interesting people. Some became friends over the years. So overall it was a great experience. I had a chance to learn a few things as well.
The HR team that run the BGC graduate scheme, along with upper management are highly invested in the scheme and truly do believe that (you) are the future of the company. A comprehensive training program is delivered at the beginning as the company sponsors you to achieve the required regulatory exams to become FCA registered.
I would say it was the idea job only thing I didn’t like was everything was a rush but it was worth it I would say it’s a job that’s worth the hard work
Benefits
Cons
Rush job
BGC Partners are a huge financial services company who have bought out too many other companies as they have grown.
The company use a variety of out dated systems which are over 10-15 years old which run very slow and inefficient. Numerous systems which are extremely tedious having to link and combine data to allow trades to clear smoothly with no interruptions.

I enrolled as an intern when working for BGC for nine months in the hope of a contract at the end. Unfortunately within a week of my contract terminating I was told my contract wouldn't be renewed. Extremely stressful situation only having a week to find a job, I would of hoped I was told allot earlier with a minimum of a months notice.

Two weeks prior to this bad news I was told someone was being employed to work along side me as my manager. It become clear very quick that my contract wasn't being renewed as they wanted to free up some budget to re employ a previous well liked employee.

Working conditions at Canary Wharf are fantastic but I was soon moved to Snowdon Street which is located near Liverpool street. The conditions were very poor. No women toilets on the same level as employees. Mens toilets were always left in a state. Desk are extremely small. There is one positive, a team of friendly cleaners which work very hard keeping the kitchen in a good condition.

Management in my department was disappointingly run very bad.

'You scratch my back and i'll scratch yours' was the impressions when first relocated to Liverpool Street. I worked a lot more hours per week compared to other employees on
 - more...
Pros
Clean kitchen
Cons
Management and working conditions.
No management within this company since nobody cares if you spend a lot of time to do a good job. Salary is always the same amount since no raise for the rest of your employment in this company. In term of work culture, you will stuck there to do the same works pitifully without any of good promotion and managers have no interest of your career improvements at this company. Honestly this company has no interest of helping employees to advance their careers there and executives only care for their own bonus and enjoyment for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no promotion and salary remains flat for all employment period
A lot of growth opportunities available internally with the firm. They have offices world wide. I would recommend anyone who wants a career in finance to give them a look .
fun place to work but no job security and very bad management. bonus discretionary so in good years you do not get the amount you deserve and in bad times you may loose your job or have your salary cut.
Full of smiles. And a fun working environment. Always clean and neat. Full of amazing people very small town. Almost everyone knows everyone so it feels like home.
Pros
Amazing managers
Cons
Typical day at work is 6:45am-5pm and entertain customers a few times per month. It can be an exciting and fast-paced environment. The job requires long hours and very quick decision making abilities.
Great place to meet people and have fun at work. Culture is usually intense, due to the trading floor. People are usually friendly to work with. Every year they have Charity Day during 9/11
would be. starting. early around 7.00am finishing. around 5.00pm
learned. all about the. financial markets, great. team work hard working hardest part of the. job was getting. up at. around 5.00am and. the. late. evenings most. enjoyable was when the. market was. busy and the. social entertainment
Great place and great people. Very knowledgeable and professional in what they do. Whilst doing my work experience I learned a huge amount about capital markets.
Loved my job it is a wonderful place to work if you are a college student. I wish they moved people up in the company more often i ask two times for a hirer position
Cons
Very short breaks, not very many raises
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BGC Partners. Our community is ready to answer.