BFL CANADA

BFL CANADA Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Office Management and HR are a class act. Middle managers are a little silo oriented, varying from really great people to work with on the one hand, to some real overbearing characters on the other. Was not a fit for me. In that situation, be smart, move on. There’s a whole wide World out there.
High turnover at this place. Segregation is strong amongst ALL departments. Management has preferential treatment. Wages not very competitive. Positions available to "grow within the company" is limited. Slow changes with policies, job tasks and systems. Management offers flexible days off but doesn't offer remote work to everybody - only if you're an executive.
Worst place i ever worked they dont commuicate the managaers they have running a pipe fab shop have never worked in oil field they only care about management cause they are bird employees
Cons
loved the culture here, management was great and fair, beware of some people that are unfair but overall ev eryone was kind and helpful and fun . to work with
very well organized, excellent benefits, clients are really great to deal with as they seem to be knowledgeable
BFL is on a modern system so it leaves less room for E&O's

flexible hours
BFL Canada prides itself on hard work and dedication. As a summer student, they took me in and taught me many things that I will apply to life and work in the future.
J'ai adoré travaillé chez BFL.
Très belle équipe, les gens sont amicaux et chaleureux.
Great people, all work hard and collaboratively and try to provide the best possible output to their clients. Each department has multiple teams which provides even more comradery
This was a temp/student position, I enjoyed it while I was there. I got to learn about insurance and general office life, I hope to learn more about the environment in an office and along with that office skills. I thought everyone was very nice there for sure recommend.
Company has a very great culture.
I enjoyed working there.
Worked in a contract position, very busy brokerage. Management and staff are very kind and understanding. They provide lot of training and great working environment for all employees.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Vendre les régimes d`assurance colletive
Offrir les services aux entreprises

Supporter les clients et rencontrer les employés

Faire du cross selling avec les courtiers commerciaux
Les gens sont sympathique et il y est très agréable d'y travailler. Je le recommande a n'importe qui.
BFL was my first job after finishing my undergrad. I was working in the Communications and Compliance department. The president of this department was a bit intimidating, but very fair. If you did your work well, she was happy, and always willing to help when help was needed. Overall, BFL is a great place to work.
Pros
Nice office space, gift cards at Christmas, occasional paid lunch
Our regional manager did not know how to do their job so would defer responsibilities onto other staff. It made for a toxic work environment. When it came to company reviews, all that mattered was that our manager got a good review.
The overall work experience at BFL CANADA Insurance Services is good. they are very professional and create a great working environment that allows great development of work ethic.
A typical day at work was very fast paced. My colleagues help made my job easier by being supportive and helpful. I have learned the importance of being attentive to details and in maintaining rapport with our clients on a daily basis. Our department manager was kind and supportive to their employees which created a positive work environment where I was happy to come to work each and every day.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Commuting in rush hour downtown
Bel endroit de travail
Dépendamment du département, belle ambiance de travail

Lacunes dans l'éthique de travail et manquement vis à vis l'harcèlement.
Amazing people to work with. Management, however, has changed over the years that I've been there. Great learning atmosphere.
Pros
great people to work with, lots of learning experience
Cons
huge management turn over
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
The environment was extremely toxic both in staff and management. The excess of alcohol offered during working hours is not acceptable. This was the hardest part of the job.

What I enjoyed most was the work in general and interaction with clients to ensure their needs were met.

I learned from this job that I require a well managed and organized company where staff take pride in the job they do and respect is supported by all.

I was laid off to due poor growth of the company and my position was eliminated. An experience I will use to my advantage and continue to bring positive growth in my future career path.
Pros
Cons
Excess offering of alcohol during work hours