BFG Enterprise Services Employee Reviews

Worst compagny
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC28 April 2019
They treat they field technician like dogs. I remember they even used to call me at night when I was sleeping because there was un urgeant call that could not wait. Please do youself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! You probably deserve so much better then that.
Pros
Cons
everything
Zero professionalism
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 April 2019
Company management is pathetic. Most of the upper management were previously technicians who got promoted when company got a sudden growth. And they don’t know what is the meaning of people management. They just want some slaves so that they can be the managers and slaves will do the work.
Pros
Nothing much
Cons
A lot
Very productive and strived to achieve safety
Mixer Operator (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON23 April 2019
This company as worked tiredlessly to make sure workers work safe and that food wastage is at a minimum. They work to solve and improve any issues found
Pros
Two crackers are allowed to take home every friday
Fun working place and helpful staff
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON14 April 2019
The work no doubt was fast and it was a standing job, but with the determination of completing the work, one does not feel tired. I learned not only picking and packing but also managing the work if another co-worker is not present at his/her place. I do not only, my work but their work too, which my supervisors like. the environment was so friendly.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
food wastage
Great People
Technical Project Document Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 January 2019
The people was the highlight of working at this company. There was a lot of opportunity to learn, but not much room for growth.

I was able to do site visits, and was not micro-managed at all, which made the job fulfilling.
Pros
Good people, great place to learn
Cons
mediocre salary
Not a bad company to work for, but needs to treat employees better
Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 November 2018
They are a good company to work for, but I feel as though they've lost touch with the fact that they need to treat their employees as people, not numbers, and give them adequate pay increases for all of the work they take on.
review
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
Good ambiance for work, dynamic company, very good workers, good conditions for work.

you need to use your own car to travel for work site, and you never know when they will call you for the next job
Professional company to work
E.U.S. Specialist Level 3 at Loblaw (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2018
Have few projects where I obtain a lot professional experience in deferential skills. Team work friendly and helpful miss it. Workplace culture was depend of location where I work. Hardest part of the work a lot travel and traffics. most enjoyable part bonuses.
Pros
shorts
Cons
It's a pretty good place to work
End User Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2018
BFG is a third party IT provider. I am the sole IT person on site at the client's location and I get a lot of remote assistance from colleagues and management. Overall it's a great place to work, though they don't have much room for promotion and benefits.
Pros
Independence and lots to learn
Cons
No promotions, no raises
Great job, horrible company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 July 2018
Loved the job responsibilities and the clients but the work life balance didn't balance.

The culture of the company was that they own their employees and if they ask you to work you have no choice. There was no room to advance, at the field level, even though they had tiers everyone was on the same level and was paid the same.

Benefits were decent and salary wasn't bad but no increase in over 3 years put a damper on things.

Management weren't local so they weren't really knowledgeable as to what the issues were locally. They had their favourite employees and they could do no wrong. Others could go above and beyond the call of duty and never get the recognition they deserved. If anything management was more likely to call you out on negative things, in front of your team, than they were to publicly praise you.

If you don't mind working crazy hours and working for management that doesn't respect you or even recognize the work you do for the company then this is the job for you.
Pros
salary, benefits, clientelle
Cons
long hours, no work life balance, out of touch management, no room for advancement, internal politics
Mediocre company
IT ANALYST END USER SUPPORT LEVEL 2 (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2018
busy environment at corporate office
learned a lot on the job
management needs improvement
workplace needs improvement
company does not care about employees
underpaid, favourtism, broken promises, etc.
no salary increase for 3 years
Summary
Service Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2017
Excellent opportunity for individuals (technicians) who enjoy 90% work on the road. Work with little or no supervision in the field. Good technical support.
Pros
Stable bussiness
Cons
Short notice for calls
Time critical point of sale break/fix in retail setting
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 November 2017
Fast paced time critical repair of Point of sale hardware at customer locations in grocery and drug stores
Great co-operation between field staff.
24/7 work environment with rotating day/ evening shifts.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Management hire and fire frequently
Great learning experience
Regional Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC1 August 2017
Like any new company, BFG offered a lot of learning opportunities. I rarely had 2 days alike. New challenges presented themselves one after another.
I was able to jump into server and network support. Additionally, since things were new, we were able to establish many processes and escalation paths to better serve our client and ourselves as well.
One of the hardest parts was finding the work/family life balance.
The best thing was the diversity and scope of work.
Pros
Company paid medical coverage. Paid vehicle.
Cons
Work/personal life balance.
electronic contracts company
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON31 May 2017
This is a Markham-based company with contracts for multiple electronic and IT projects. I work to implement and install hardware Ontario-wide. The hourly pay is good, but weeks can pass by without work, and personnel like me are laid off and rehired at end of a year and start of next such that ultimately one has to have part-time jobs elsewhere to augment take-home pay.
Good company
End User Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON23 March 2017
BFG started their career in IT about 2 years ago and they are growing. It's a good company to work with. Benefits are not very good but still better than having nothing.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Benefits are not very good
Productive and fun workplace
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 January 2017
A good work environment with the freedom to express your thoughts and ideas. Processes are not fully defined yet at the moment and will required time to finalize.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Processes not fully defined yet
Implementation/Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
I like my job as it gives me the opportunity to learn new things everyday and meet new people. My Co-Workers are nice. The most I like about the job is the flexibility.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
It
Implementations / Projects (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 November 2015
poor communications, safety concerns, payroll problems

Co-works developed a good team and communicate information that should come from management.