BFG Enterprise Services

BFG Enterprise Services Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
job could be better.
This job is very stressful. inconsistent working environment. some days are ok. But most are stressful. management doesnt listen to sugestions or ideas. i find the work environment average.
A lot to learn bet poor management
A lot to learn bet poor management they don't provide proper training for their tech to be confortable on new things and the fire employee without cause and they don't respect their promise if you hate working at night and you have children this is not a good place for you. If you are looking for slavery this is the place to work because they respect their employee and they don't care for their opinion
Good luck
Friendly environment, Very helpful management.
Friendly environment, Very helpful management. FGL very cooperative. Lots of learning new things in the field. Everyday new challenges, new task. task and
Bullies. Stuck in the past.
Terrible company to work for. All levels of management ignore safety and life balance concerns. When they finally agree to talk they belittle you and misrepresent you to the next level of management. They want technicians available 24/7, but they do not provide enough manpower to rotate shifts and provide rest. There is no room for growth; 5 years with the company and no raises. Bonuses are based on how long you’ve been with the company. Poor training. Toxic work environment: it’s always adversarial whenever you need to deal with someone on another team. The management doesn’t want to manage. Continually face the same issues over and over again. For each project or task you’ll need to figure it out in your own, if you’re lucky you’ll be given an outdated document to review. There’s no culture within the company to learn and make things better.
Contract jobs are not suggested to take with Dfg
I left my previous job to start with BFG after the intermediate agency convinced me that it's a continued job, but after 2 projects, one month I was told that all projects delayed for 6 months. I think that is not fair. They called me back when I just found a good job. Wanted to pay more and more but refused because stability is more important than high salary.
good company
good company to work with, stressful at times and super busy. management could be better. company culture is good. overall good company to work with to gain experience
Poor management
No recognition for hard work and definately no raise. (3 years) poor management and lots of favours if you **** their ***...,...........................
Terrible
All about SLA's, Some clients don't care, expect you onsite as soon as they hang up the phone. Manager was an idiot about how to manage people. Called you after hours even when you were not on call, told to be thankful you have a job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BFG Enterprise Services?
Great
For the most part this is an amazing and relaxed environment working at BFG.
You set your own schedule and as long as you keep your que clean and when you have time help your co-workers life is great. Of course it gets crazy busy at times and some evening and even night work is necessary it is not the norm. Been here three years and look forward to many more.
Productive and busy place to work.
Company van, phone and paid vacations. Weekends, after hours and overtime. Working with customers Province wide and travel dealing with various network and customer accounts.
Terrible, terrible, and terrible!!!
Pro:
~ Work was ok

~ Pay was average

~ Good job responsibilities

~ Friendly clients

Con:

~ Terrible management

~ ZERO job security

~ Terrible tech support

~ Bad company culture

Worked their almost a year, ZERO issues. ZERO feedback about my job performance, ZERO!!

They called me at night when I was sleeping, and demanded I go to a site for an emergency, even though I was not on call! Or I had to stay at a site till I was "released" by tech support. It was 4am, I was there for almost 12 hours!

Fired and replace with no explanation. Literally zero reason was given, just “this is your last day” and goodbye. Just said, it was a company decision, meaning some upper management dude made a decision about someones life, and gave ZERO reason why.

Other techs accused of harassment, swearing on the job, griping about customers, at the customers site! Smoking all day. Being late for work or not showing up at all. Misplacing parts or parts going “missing”.

All this, and I was let go with no reason???

Management needs major improvement.

Would never recommend, just terrible.
Nice place , Poor management
your biggest issue will be your upper manager, mostly will be a guy with chip on his shoulder and you need to keep him happy , if you can keep them happy you will be doing good , they hire and fire on daily base .
Positive work environment,
I say BFG is a great place to work, The role is ever changing and not boring, you get to work as a team and on your own. Management is not hovering over you, and the paperwork is not complicated.
Pros
Open work area
Cons
Lab is too bright and hot during the summer
terrible working condition
security : we work very often during the night. Projet management is done by Toronto head office and by inexperienced employees.
this company does not know the team work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible management
Stretched delivery capabilities within IT data space.
Poor managerial leadership
Unfocused delivery within the IT data space

Very few skilled onsite technicians

No PMO

Ad hoc project delivery that results in substandard quality
Work culture is unbecoming
Very minimal support for employees from management. Management is more of a oppressive/bullying type. Most employees aren't asked for their opinion/feedback on day-to-day work and or support of the company's clients.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Potentially long hours and with minimal legitimate support
Worst compagny
They treat they field technician like dogs. I remember they even used to call me at night when I was sleeping because there was un urgeant call that could not wait. Please do youself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! You probably deserve so much better then that.
Pros
Cons
everything
Zero professionalism
Company management is pathetic. Most of the upper management were previously technicians who got promoted when company got a sudden growth. And they don’t know what is the meaning of people management. They just want some slaves so that they can be the managers and slaves will do the work.
Pros
Nothing much
Cons
A lot
Great Place to Work
I've worked for BFG twice in the past (not currently). I left the first time (mistake) and they re-hired me understanding the situation.

The people here are the best part. Upper management is very hands-off (unless required), and the culture, tone and flexibility of the company are nearly unmatched.

They provide adequate tools to perform your day-to-day, and are overall very agreeable to work with.
Pros
The people, the culture, the business model
Cons
Projects often require working nights
Great People
The people was the highlight of working at this company. There was a lot of opportunity to learn, but not much room for growth.

I was able to do site visits, and was not micro-managed at all, which made the job fulfilling.
Pros
Good people, great place to learn
Cons
mediocre salary
Not a bad company to work for, but needs to treat employees better
They are a good company to work for, but I feel as though they've lost touch with the fact that they need to treat their employees as people, not numbers, and give them adequate pay increases for all of the work they take on.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BFG Enterprise Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9