BEworks

BEworks Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
As a contract worker the hours I'm given are very limited. I get payed with 30 days difference. That means that for work I do in a given month, I get the money the next one.

I am questioned by every cent I charge for the 3 hours they gave me in any given month, and berated when after 2 months of silence I can't work more than 5 hours during a holiday weekend.

This is not a place to make money as a designer. Working as a consultant sounds BOMB tho.

The work they do is great. It just doesn't always trickle down to you.
If you are serious about your career, this is not the organization to join. Ask anybody who has ever worked at Beworks and you will find out that when you're looking for new job, any company that has even heard of Beworks (most haven't), they will hold it against you as the company has a very poor reputation. You should already have all the credentials to back up your value, but just be warned that having Beworks on your resume is not going to work to your favour. Working here has been a nightmare.

Some of the team here are really great to work with but unfortunately the same cannot be said about the executive leadership. They have proven to be incapable and incompetent time and time again. Some of the senior (non-executive) team appear to be very aware of this fact. The company culture is extremely toxic. If you have an issue, HR unfortunately isn't an option. The HR team at Beworks is an illusion. When raising serious issues, myself and several colleagues have been contacted directly by the CEO who belittles us. She (Beworks CEO) will tell you to "tough it out" and to go to her directly the next time we have an issue. A clear violation of HR policy. Despite what the CEO attempts to communicate, the scientific method and healthy debate is not welcomed. She wants yes-people to follow her erratic behavior and feed her fragile ego.

If you play by the highly erratic and unethical rules, you will advance your position in the company. But don't be fooled, you will only advance your position in the company, it won't allow you to advance your career anywhere else. The very few
 - more...
Cons
Incompetent leadership, low pay
Great employer that provided a great learning experience. Overall, very friendly but productive work environment. Excellent work life balance. Management open to new ideas.