Better Living Health and Community Services

Better Living Health and Community Services Employee Reviews

I love helping people especially seniors and I love that I could clear their driveway and help cleaning up after snow helping with landscaping and handyman work.
Truly an amazing and fun workplace. All management members are great and all employees maintain a very positive environment. Everybody helps each other and they are a big happy work family.
Pros
Congenial management
The company is fair and management is understandingi have been able to utilize my skills and training to its fullest the staff was very helpful in helping me succeed in my rolo
With NO management support and no teamwork or care from management, this was a difficult place to work. The clinical (actually working on the floor) staff were great. The DOC and upper management were not. When I was fired with no just cause (and they said so) the HR person smirked and or smiled through the entire process.
I liked the place. The staff were very kind and understanding. I learned a lot in terms of administrative and accounting duties. It is definitely a good place to work.
You are regarded as a tool to work. Management never cared how you are doing. No team spirit. Management secured their own income and never considered to raise staff’s salary.
I was a volunteer at the establishment. It caters for seniors and has a lot of options which include yoga, hospice, meals on wheels, personal support amongst others.
Activities are usually centered on the seasons. I have learnt to work in a fast paced environment and most important get Canadian work experience. I have learnt to prioritize and organised meetings and training. The workplace culture is more of respect, teamwork and the goal is to make sure the clients are in no doubt satisfied and catered to. The challenges in the workplace were manageable I had a good supervisor. I enjoyed the volunteers appreciation week and lunch.
Pros
Business casual and casual fridays
Cons
General clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing. Coordinate and maintain records for clients and volunteers. Create various documents using Microsoft Office. Data entry Meals on wheels runner
Pros
Canadian workplace experience
Cons
Lots of travel required. Enjoy working with co workers and interacting at meeting. Positions are often off site but company strives to interconnect people.
if you are not expecting salary increase, it is a good organization to work for. the job keeps you busy and fun. most of the the jobs involves lots of phone calls. if you are someone loves to help seniors, this organization is for you.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no salary increase
Can be a very stressful place to work and not much support from management. The programs and activities are really geared toward seniors in the community
Pros
Fun programs
Cons
Not much support