Bethesda Christian Association

Bethesda Christian Association Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Fun amazing place to work
Bethesda is an excellent place to work. The organization takes great pride in the quality of their care, and I have always felt valued there. It is also incredibly rewarding work, as the people we care for are amazing.
Community Support Worker
I worked here 9.5 years and enjoyed helping the clients in their day to day life. A typical day for me was supproting clients in thier homes, teaching life skills, working in a day program, and doing personal care for some clients.
Great group of people
If you want to have an impact on peoples' lives this is a fantastic place to do it. Every resource is going to be different so a typical day is different for everyone.
Pros
Impacting lives, benefits, pension
Cons
24/7 scheduling
Great company for work.
Healthy environment, great management, learned how to work with a special needs people and provide they needs. Very respectful workplace culture. Received a lot of training.
Pros
great place for work
Cons
have an evening hrs position
Good work Environment
Good friendly inviting place to work. Everyday is different and goes by quite quickly. It is fun being challenged and helps grow you as sa person. Great job.
Good work place and very rewarding
Pros
Excellent work environment. Very rewarding.
Cons
Varied work schedule (evenings).
Our work environment had a peaceful and fun setting.
Bethesda homes were just that A real home setting. The homes offered a peaceful and fun environment with all the surroundings that a home life should offer. Love, Joy peace and entertainment as well.
There were daily programs appropriate to each individuals needs. A typical day was filled with, common daily schedules. Morning care and preparations dressing teeth face wash and scheduled baths. Breakfast and scheduled programs. Outings or visitors with family or friends. Swimming or going for walks. I learned how to relate and understand the individual's means of communication. How to deal with issues physical, health or emotional issues. Also with co workers. Learning how to communicate in a close environment from day to day. Agreeing to disagree. The hardest part of the job was to see any of the individuals suffer as they seemed to be more vulnerable to illnesses because of their mental and physical disabilities. Seizures for an example. And sometimes because the individuals could not verbally communicate It was not always easy to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help them, and love them and receive the love back.
Pros
the benefits and pay
Cons
working the different shifts, having to leave your loved ones.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bethesda Christian Association?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethesda Christian Association. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7