Bethesda Christian Association

Working at Bethesda Christian Association: Latest Bethesda Christian Association Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Best employer I ever had. It was truly a blessing to work under their banner

We would have stayed indefinitely but Covid 19 changed how we felt about being away from our family members. The work environment at Bethesda is very good. Staff are valued and supported

Support Worker

Being a support worker brings together the bond of comradery unlike any other job; I was put into a team of people working around the clock, seven days a week, to take care of several individuals in a care home. This was a tiring and physically demanding job, but for meaningful work and relationships.

Pros

One meal provided per shift, some days are slow with a lot of downtime

Cons

Physically demanding, demanding of your schedule

Insights into Bethesda Christian Association

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

A pleasure to be a support worker

Overall, it is a blessing working at Bethesda Christian Association. A typical work day appears challenging, depends of the residents and their moods. As a support worker, you have to do your homework before going there as being relaxed and giving attention to the residents as much as needed as long they need your love and your attention. They become very attached and close to you if you are showing love and support them. If you love working with people with intellectual disabilities, it is not complicated. I always go with pleasure to work and if I have more then 3 days off, I already miss them.

Very good place to work

I love to work there and help the individuals. Great place to work and nice co workers. Everything is organized, and all is for the grace of God. You feel peace and happiness working there.

Good attmosphere of commoradory and team work

The primary focus is for the safety and well-being of the residents, and the staff display a good balance in making that a priority.The head office for Bethesda is in Abbotsford which requires the local manager to be skilled at bringing the two entities together, and the present manager is skilled and practical in making that connection.The home is governed by a union contract so there is always the process of balancing union and company concerns, but both sides have done well to compromise and negotiate the process to minimize the stress that could filter on down to the staff if not managed well.

Pros

meals included; interesting and exciting activities and outings with residents

Cons

rotation having everyone doing nights occasionally

Horrible place

Poor management, so much gossip with staff, very stressful environment. Individuals come last there. You have to be a Christian to work there or pretend to be. You will be heavily judged on that

Cons

Treated poorly

Management Operates in Silos

The Management operates in silos. Hiring processes are discriminatory to people who are not Christians. Salary is not good, and leadership is kind of secretive. Some staff is not qualified and cant is replaced. Lack of consideration for a different point of view and Leadership is very rigid, not friendly or compromising.

The company follows its vision and values

It is a good company why everyone is respected and valued. The managment trains their workers and holds meetings to upgrade them. They are also prompt in taking decisions.

Fun amazing place to work

Bethesda is an excellent place to work. The organization takes great pride in the quality of their care, and I have always felt valued there. It is also incredibly rewarding work, as the people we care for are amazing.

Community Support Worker

I worked here 9.5 years and enjoyed helping the clients in their day to day life. A typical day for me was supproting clients in thier homes, teaching life skills, working in a day program, and doing personal care for some clients.

Great group of people

If you want to have an impact on peoples' lives this is a fantastic place to do it. Every resource is going to be different so a typical day is different for everyone.

Pros

Impacting lives, benefits, pension

Cons

24/7 scheduling

Great company for work.

Healthy environment, great management, learned how to work with a special needs people and provide they needs. Very respectful workplace culture. Received a lot of training.

Pros

great place for work

Cons

have an evening hrs position

Good work Environment

Good friendly inviting place to work. Everyday is different and goes by quite quickly. It is fun being challenged and helps grow you as sa person. Great job.

Good work place and very rewarding

Pros

Excellent work environment. Very rewarding.

Cons

Varied work schedule (evenings).

Our work environment had a peaceful and fun setting.

Bethesda homes were just that A real home setting. The homes offered a peaceful and fun environment with all the surroundings that a home life should offer. Love, Joy peace and entertainment as well.There were daily programs appropriate to each individuals needs. A typical day was filled with, common daily schedules. Morning care and preparations dressing teeth face wash and scheduled baths. Breakfast and scheduled programs. Outings or visitors with family or friends. Swimming or going for walks. I learned how to relate and understand the individual's means of communication. How to deal with issues physical, health or emotional issues. Also with co workers. Learning how to communicate in a close environment from day to day. Agreeing to disagree. The hardest part of the job was to see any of the individuals suffer as they seemed to be more vulnerable to illnesses because of their mental and physical disabilities. Seizures for an example. And sometimes because the individuals could not verbally communicate It was not always easy to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help them, and love them and receive the love back.

Pros

the benefits and pay

Cons

working the different shifts, having to leave your loved ones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethesda Christian Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement