Bethany Care Society Employee Reviews

Employer
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2018
It is a good employer to work to. It is pleasant work environment. Good benefits and they support professional growth. I wish the company look into adding more frontline staff instead of cutting as it does affect the quality of care to residents.
Difficult.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 June 2018
I didn't care to work here, as many of the workers were jaded and didn't care about compassion. I loved the residents, but I think some of them were misplaced in the open units.
Pros
Very peaceful atrium.
Cons
Rude workers, very little compassion.
I like break time so i could go for fitness to fit for me at job physically.
Building Operator Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2018
Bethany Care Society is a great place to work under its set up work culture. I would rate to bethany with 4 star since there is some differences. Bethany is greatly expanding organization.
Working here introduces to a lot more interaction with staff and residents.
Healthcare Aide (Current Employee) –  Didsbury, AB26 April 2018
It is more fun having to work with other staff always in a day to day job. We get to learn more on more skills offered from in-service education programs. We also get to provide care with more clients.
Pros
Fixed hour of work
Cons
Short hours
Great place to work!
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2018
Bethany Corporate was a great place to work. The people are friendly and the workplace culture is great. The workload is not too stressful. Managers are friendly and supportive. Plenty of training is provided.
Pros
Good work life balance, good benefits/compensation
Cons
Small deduction for parking.
productive and fun with table billiard and with atrium
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2018
i learned a lot in the bethany care hillhurst, the surroundings, community, nature and the people their was so good and i cant wait to work their as a Health Care more than a Food Server. thou that their are some residents or clients was aggressive their still good and has a good bonding with their friends, roommate and to their Health Care Provider or Caregiver.
Great place of work
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2017
friendly and always willing to lend a hand if needed. The staff are friendly and are there for any type of support that you need. all around i felt that it was a great company
Hardworking, honest, passionate,ability to work in group or invdividual.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 October 2017
I have been working as a volunteer in Bethany from Aug 2017. I usually go twice a week. I visit residence and assist them in some activities as well as try to get smile on their faces. I have learned a lot from volunteering and gaining experience as well.
Unfortunate
Heath Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 September 2017
I loved my job at the Bethany Care society. It was unfortunate that the management did not treat staff accordingly. I felt belittled when I was coming into work and constantly picked on in the unit a1. I finally had enough and decided to take my skills elsewhere.

I miss the rest of the staff I worked with and the residents dearly but I knew it was my time to go.
Fun place to work
PERSONAL CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Found the residents to be witty and keep you on your toes. I looked forward to going to work everyday was very exciting!!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Losing patients
amazing place to work
Healthcare Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2017
amazing place to work. i have referred people numerous times to my work place. a typical day involves taking care of clients and making sure patients are given the appropriate attention needed
Great people, equity and fairness instilled in culture
Manager of Financial Services / Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2017
Great organization to work for.
Good culture
Good management team
Best part of the day is being part of a team
I learned a tremendous amount, especially from the CFO
Pros
Good opportnity for professional development
Cons
Workplace is very warm and welcoming.
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
I learned helping in moving and out of beds,baths and other specific issues.
Maintain safe,secure and friendly client environment by following Health Care Aide plan.
The hardest part of the job is to leave the resident when your done the practicum.And the most enjoyable part of the job is when i am doing story telling that makes them happy and having a good conversation with my resident.
Decent place, hard work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB, Red Deer, AB19 May 2017
It can be devastating to work with people at end of life and I have a lot of respect for those who work here. There can be sloppiness among health care aides, often due to time restraints and understaffing.
Pros
Great people, great connections
Cons
Long hours, disgusting conditions at times
Fun workplace, friendly staffs and with great managemant
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
I learned a lot from this company, from the staffs, nurses and from clients. I learned to handle stressful situations, i learned in documentations and transfering clients using different kinds of mechanical lift. I provide dignity, independence, privacy, preference and client's safety.
staff are friendly and supportive
RAI assessor/LPN (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
staff are very welcoming to new hires, teach very well but some nurses are not all that competent making it hard to work with them
Glad to NOT work here anymore
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 January 2017
Horrible management throughout the yrs, never got better. No support from management and try taking holidays in the summer.. ya right. Work load is ridicous. Must be a servant to the residents but also get all your paperwork done... which there is no time for. Expected to stay over with no pay to finish. Try everything in their power to get away with no paying OT (even when u work 8hrs OT), not give advancement in position or just general respect. There is no where to advance.. if ur an hca thats it for you. If your an lpn, your an lpn. They expect lpns to work for a low wage but do the same workload as an rn.
Hire a bunch of unskilled/ uneducated employees and rely on the older employees to train them. As an older employee watch your back, you are responsible for your training even if they don;t listen to you and do what they want. Be careful on how you walk into work in the am, as you are judged and "on shift" as soon as you step on the unit. Many times I got to work and instantly got bombarded from the previous shift. There is no respect from employee to employee, everyone is out for themselves. Employees do everything in their power to do as little work as they can, and then judge you for getting your work done. Would never recommend anyone to work here.
I can count on one hand the number of amazing, talented, bright, caring, honest, hardworking employees. And i feel bad for them everyday they are subjected to going to work.
Pros
when u have a position it rotates forever so you can make your life go around it, good benefit plan
Cons
no respect from employee to employee, no respect from management to employee, workload, expect you do to more then your scope, if there is no time for your paid 15min break then you dont get it, always looking over your shoulder and watching your back
general employment
RCA (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB23 November 2016
beautiful building, Great view of the lake from the third floor. Training schedule was enough to equip me for what I needed to know to carry out a full assignment.
it was nice and great to volunteer at bethany
bethany care college side (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 November 2016
working at Bethany with the seniors was an amazing experience,i learnt humility from them and the most enjoyable part was playing guitar for them
Productive place with good benefits.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2016
A typical day at work in Bethany Care Society was when me and my partner were transferring a Resident from bed to the wheelchair with a ceiling lift. At a point during the transfer, the lift stopped working, and the Resident was still hanging up on the lift, we remained calm so that the Resident would not notice or feel any problem, but I gave my partner sign to rush and call our supervisor. Our supervisor rushed in immediately and assisted us in rescuing the situation.

From that incidence, I learnt that it's a always very important to have two or more persons assistance when you are doing transfer with a mechanical lift. Secondly, nobody should raise any panic when there is any dangerous situation so that Residents would not be scared.

Bethany has very good management. The interests of the staff, Residents and family is always considered at equilibrium by the management.

Co-workers are very good team spirited, and always protect each other.

The hardest part of this job, to me particularly, is always having to welcome new Residents, To me, it is hard because, it takes compassion, patience and empathy to get the new Residents settle in the Facility which is their new home. it is hard though, but the feelings are very much welcomed by me.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I find new Residents happily settled and participates in most of the activities they were enjoying during their youthful lives as well as in their old homes. .
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Heavy duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethany Care Society. Our community is ready to answer.