Best Western
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Best Western Employee Reviews

Found 887 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,627 reviews

Nice people bad management

Pay wasn’t that good the people were nice to work with though. The benefits seemed good when I got hired but they never ended up giving me the benefits the entire time I worked there as a full time employee and I worked there for a year.

It'good place to work

The hotel is pretty clean, friendly management, professional training, good team, fun job, generous guests, free breakfast, convenience schedule, nice atmosphere

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Not enough payment

Best place to work

Meeting new people and hearing their story's was the best part of the job, co workers and management was all good. They trained people good. The boss was very fair person, she praised your good and corrected the bad, which made us better employees. The owner of the motel even took all his employees on a helicopter ride which was great. Something I never experienced.

Fast paced and hard job at times. Though there are times when we do have lunches and fun days.

Though the people that i work with are great. There is always a competitive nature at work among some of the coworkers. There should be teamwork with all ur coworkers..not just half.

Pros

You get a % off ur stay at any best western. U get full use of the facilities for free

Cons

Can be fast paced and stressful. No weekends off

Productive and work family friendly

Best job experience I had in years. I have learned so much in such a short time. I had the best work crew. I will miss everyone, life changes and I'm moving sadly.

Pros

Secure hours and crew

Cons

It can get very busy, very fast.

Fun plce to work

Management is good. Descent place to work no pressure.. Coworkers are good.. It's slow down due to covid but definitely itwil pickup.. Definitely recommend

Lots of opportunities

My main duties is a Night Auditor, but there are many opportunities to learn about different aspects of the hotel / hospitality business, and how to run a business in general.

Clean, accessible and friendly.

Excellent employer with great incentives recognizing hard work, dedication and loyalty. Lots of work if you want to work and work your way up the ladder.

Pros

Free meals and clean, pleasant environment.

Cons

Nothing i can think of.

best western

Productive and fun place to work, everybody helps anyone that is in need of help with the rooms. the workers are great and i wouldn’t recommend for a first job. it is very fast past and you have to have very good time management skills for this type of work. it took me a while to get used to it. overall i would recommend this job to anyone that has cleaning experience!

Pros

cheaper hotel rooms

Cons

very fast paced and long hours some days

Terrible management

Was fired when asking to go home when showing multiple symptoms of covid, Was told it was because "they needed someone more reliable"Managers never had anything nice to say about your work.

Pros

Great people and fair management

As a banquet server, I felt I was treated fairly and felt welcome within the company. Management was very understanding about absences and taking time off.

Pros

Free dinners most of the time

It was a great place to work, and you were always asked if you were happy with your shifts. Made life long friends

Clean and well organized business, both for Front Desk personnel and for the Housekeepers. Management was easy to approach for questions or concerns. All staff worked excellent together,, and no one was left behind....team work is the dream work.

Pros

Gifts lunches dinners parties.

Cons

Not always enough hours for everyone

Breath of fresh air

Of course we all long for that one position that one company that allows you to maximize your creative talent. This is it. Your hard work will not go unnoticed. The owners are very sincere and down to earth but have a strong ethic in beliefs. This is your one opportunity to join in to this group of team members. I’m still going on three years in love with my work and life balance here. It’s is an absolute misfortune if you don’t take the opportunity to observe this culture.

Pros

Fair wages, great benefits, team culture, promotions, opportunity to grow

Cons

Absolutely Non. If you find one your not team material it’s up to you to make it the best.

unfair, hard overworked

don't work there, lousy pay, management are all friends . fire you if you get sick . mangament is a joke

Cons

over worked

productive slow-paced

slow paced. easy job good first job things are pretty eassy as long you have an eye for detail, good teamwork skills were applied and reinforced. good home skills were learnt

Pros

discount on stays with best western chain

Cons

short breaks

If you like to stay quiet its a good job but if you chat that ammo to get you fired

Over all I had not the best time. From having a verbal schedule, then being fired for 15mins late after being praised for my work. Over all i dont recommend here until new management.

Pros

Clean building

Cons

Drama, bad management.

typical hotel restaurant.

environment was typical for a hotel restaurant. Chef and cooks were very slow to start working when no one was watching and usually miserable to be around. I experienced a small amount of bullying from at least one of the cooks here. The food produced was of the typical hotel quality. wages are poor.

Friendly environment

Boss is patient and very friendly to all, tries to work with everyones time and needs, respectful, caring, and fun. Usually lots to do if you like to keep busy, there’s always stuff to do and find. Customers are appreciative if you go above and beyond and it shows. Most people are polite and friendly, especially with good service. Every job will have there battles on what you’ll need to work on more, but other than that it’s been a great experience so far! And very appreciative for everyone’s time and patients.

Pros

Meet new people from all around, and get to learn new things.

Cons

Hour’s vary

Terrible management

I worked here for a year and it was nothing but being overworked, treated poorly by management and any little thing you did wrong almost counted as a write up. Standards are unbelievable and the staff is not nice to be around. Management picks favourites and the hotel owners are not considerate at all. They will fire you over simple things or things that was their fault but then blamed on you. I do not recommend working here. They would also advertise the job as a higher wage to new employees and on job boards while keeping their current employees at a lower previous wage and then would not speak about it until an employee brought it up. They would then hand out raises and say “it’s not because someone spoke up”. I was once told not to clean a room because of a case of lice in a room, and that it needed to be professionally cleaned, but then 4 hours into my shift I was told it was fine to clean. Managers constantly tell you how bad your work is every morning before your shift and belittle you. The hours are difficult to get around because you never know when you’ll really be finished your shift. Your quota could be 5:30pm and you may leave by 7pm if your supervisor finds more things for you to do. Please save your breath with this job and move on.

Pros

Cons

Working late when people leave without notice ie, from 8am to 10pm. Higher wage but you get part time hours even though it’s advertised as full time, and you work 5 days a week.

Family Atmoshphere

Great place to start and move up. Lots of training opportunities. Management willing to teach and develop those who want to learn the hospitality or restaurant business. Great team, fair managers, family environment. Benefits & perks. Great customers.

Pros

Discounts on rooms & food. Staff swimming & fitness room. Positive environment

Cons

Dealing with public can be stressful at times especially during pandemic

Great work environment, proven with many long term staff!

Wonderful work environment with a great team of people.Can be a very busy, fast paced during big check-in/check-out days or busy banquet days (or both)! Makes your days go by quickly. Can also be slow, so must be able to adapt to each day!Working at the hotel offers great opportunity to meet new people, of all different walks of life. It is a great place to get into the Hospitality industry to learn the ways.

Pros

Great onsite restaurant if you have forgotten your lunch! Offers employee discounts!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K