Best Western Employee Reviews

Found 488 reviews matching the search See all 5,091 reviews
un environnement correcte
Entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC22 April 2019
Cette entreprise ma forgé une persévérance que je n'avais pas au par avant.
Review
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 April 2019
Best Western is an awesome place to work as the team members are friendly and helpful. This workplace always keeps you busy. The staff does an amazing job of keeping the rooms clean.
No job security, abusive/toxic workplace, terrible management
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC9 April 2019
Was bullied and harassed on the job, almost nothing was done about it. Laid off but then was re-hired soon after due to them being short-staffed (oops!). Then I was worked to the bone due to them being under-staffed (oops again!) Finally had my hours cut dramatically, just before my benefits kicked in, hmmmnnn...

My immediate supervisors were generally good, but upper management made terrible, short-sighted decisions that those of us on the front lines had to deal with. Watched the company flagrantly violate labour standards on more than one occasion. Watched really great employees walk out -- repeatedly, often citing stress and bullying. Turnover rate at the hotel was and still is VERY high: that alone speaks volumes.

Overall experience was very toxic. The only thing that made it bearable were the many wonderful people I got to work with. Sadly, most of us were in the same boat with the workplace... Would NOT recommend working for Best Western.
Okay, not great
GUEST SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2019
Working for the best western was an okay job for the mean time but I didn't feel I could grow or advance my career. The management was okay, but the owners weren't so great to deal with
Easy job
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 March 2019
The restaurant where I worked no longer exists. Easy job while in school. Long shifts on your feet but you get used to it. Dealt with mainly hotel guests
Great Employee Culture at BW - Belleville
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 March 2019
Everyone at BW - Belleville is incredibly open and welcoming to new employees, making integration effortless. As well, the job is fulfilling and provides you with useful life skills that always come in handy.
Pros
Onsite breakfast service
Cons
Can get overwhelming at times
Fun Workplace
Asst.Housekeeping Supervisor / Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2019
Such a good workplace. I discovered my self here as flexible that I can do multitasking. Good environment. Good staff. Very accessible to public transportation consider that I don't drive.
friendly atmosphere, great employers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB5 March 2019
i love working with best western. the hotel itself is stunning. and the employers have always been very wonderful and approachable.
i have worked with many housekeepers and have built great relationship with them all. some i have remained friends with for many years.
Pros
work schedual is nice, flexability, working alone, working as a team.
Cons
uniforms can be uncomfortable, guests can be rude, some hotels have smoking rooms.
fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB1 March 2019
fun positive place to work at, with an awesome team
people took pride in there work and a very out going team,
the games room as also very fun to hang out at
Good environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 February 2019
I’ve always loved working at the best western if I could return I would in a heart beat! Love the staff there and also love the management I’ve never had bad experience at the best western! Keep up the good work best western team!!!
Pros
Had lunch sometimes
Cons
Very flexible and positive culture globally
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 February 2019
At best western plus Moncton, the management team does care a lot about their employees.
great money
Room Attendant/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 February 2019
great money, 8.4 hour shifts, tips sometimes depending on guests. When working holidays and full time.. took home $1200+ paychecks.
The work is definitely hard... especially if rooms are really trashed, most days you don't take breaks since you clean 16 rooms a day, some can have two beds so double the work. Wouldn't recommend anyone to do this job for years unless well... you can handle it and love cleaning nasty messes.
Pros
work Christmas parties, tips
Cons
hard labour
toxic place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2019
not a good place to work I hate it there don't ever think to work there no respect and no appreciation at all. the hardest part is no fun at work at all people are not helpful at all
Pros
employee discount
A fun place to work.
Dish washer, breakfast/lunch cook (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON11 February 2019
Keeping in mind that i last worked here before it changed owners,the job environment was easy going there,getting to know my co-workers ,unfortunately i didn't work there long enough or often enough.
With that in mind the Leamington best western was a fine place to work and learn more of my craft.
Productive mediocore environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 February 2019
Good company overall. Management did a good job keeping the company afloat. Peak periods were hard and very busy low periods you could barely get anytime.
The staff and management was a great team
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 February 2019
Fun and productive work environment. Learned a lot about health cleaning. Spring cleaning a room was the hardest work. All in all was a good company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard work
Great working environment
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 February 2019
After few years of working as a front desk agent, I noticed most of the time the work is just procedural. But I can always encounter different types of guest.
There's always a room for improvement.
Management is good, the guide you in times of difficulties.
Hardest part of the job is when there is a irrational guest shouting at you, blaming you for something you haven't done.
Most enjoyable part is when you encounter guest who understand your situation / your job.
Do not screw up or your FIRED! even if it was someone else's !!
Former Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 February 2019
I was quite recently hired to work in the housekeeping department . All I had for training was 4 days and then was on my own on the 5th day to tackle the rooms assigned to me ...After working hard to remember everything that is to be done in the allotted time frame..of course I made mistakes here and there , but perfection doesn't happen in my short time working there..The first day on my own turned ugly when I was being picked apart for everything.. I got upset that I wasn't doing that well, I became frustrated and almost quit on the spot , but decided to give it a bit longer and over time I would get it all perfect, and I was beginning to think that I was doing a decent job of it..as I wasn't getting too many complaints about this or that...
My last day of work went great or so I thought... After giving my supervisor my completed room list and key .. I smiled and waved and said I would see her the next morning.
The following day my supervisor called and gave me the day off along with a few others as it wasn't busy ..I hung up and I said I would see her after the weekend.
, but later that day I received a call from the housekeeping manager who informed that she did an investigation.. because someone was not changing every bed , She set small traps to catch the culprit and low and behold she some how came to the absurd conclusion that it was ME !
When I asked her the room number so I could think back to what was needed for the room ..
I was told that she couldn't remember the number she then went on to tell me one of my rooms with two queen beds weren't changed ..
  more...
I got upset because my double Queen rooms that day had only one bed slept in ! So the other didn't need to be as it was still made !! . It didn't matter even after I tried to explain...I was fired !! So in the week of training..then not even two full weeks on my own... I was accused without proof ..and let go... I have never felt more embarrassed..

Normally, when I have done something incorrectly at previous jobs I have been given more training, not to mention the staff wasn't very helpful nor friendly...

In my opinion the housekeeping department is a den of politics, and cliquey women ..

My suggestion for anyone stepping into that climate is to be as meek and stupid as possible but also watch your back because you don't know if the knife will be twisted or jabbed ....or by whom..

Fired over the phone with no proof!!!
Pros
Cons
Management & Staff
management
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 January 2019
Same Review as before about recognition, typical work day begins at 8 and goes till 4-430 depending on the day, there are some days that are short, however there are not many.
Good job
Housekeeping - Changing (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB27 January 2019
This was a fun job to work, the other staff members were friendly and hard working. Management was terrible, and it were nothing strange to see misinterpreted accusations made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K