Best Western Employee Reviews

Horrible to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 April 2018
If you shed one hair and they noticed it you would get written up, 3 of those and you were fired. Every morning when you get there you have to fight for supplies all together it is a bad place to work
a co-operative, accurate and efficicent fun work place
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 April 2018
i have worked for thirteen years and enjoyed and learnt and benefited a lot from this hotel. The Finance Controller was an experienced, helpful and informative leader.
Pros
free meals, laundry, extended medical health, MSP and parking
Workplace ok managment not the best
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Every job has it's perks but this job was stressful. This location is behind on laundry and not enough supplies. Time limits on room isn't enough. Not to mention the rooms that floods and while cleaning rooms, it was always hot.
No wonder why guests give this hotel a bad rating.
Pros
Co-workers and supervisors are nice.
Cons
Low on everything.
Very old style management
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2018
Very non empowering
worst experience of my life
management needs to update on how to communicate to employees
felt afraid to speak up
unprofessinalism
Pros
hjo
It's a stable job, but incredibly stressful
Linen runner/Houseman (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 April 2018
Worked there for about a year, management staff were great people but weren't given enough power to keep poor employees from not doing their jobs, my supervisor was the nicest person and helped me out a lot, and my manager was an incredibly reliable individual who was always willing to fix your schedule.

My schedule was as solid as a rock, only having to work an extra day if it fell on a holiday, and only then if I chose to work to get time and a half.

Unfortunately the owners decided to close the laundry division which increased my workload and a few of my co-workers weren't the greatest or most reliable people. I ended up leaving feeling somewhat bitter, but I'm glad for the experience.
Pros
Your schedule is very solid, but flexible if you need a day off
Cons
Not the friendliest people to work with, other than the managers/supervisors.
Many career possibilities
Supervising housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB28 March 2018
Regardless of managment, the best western name helps for future refrence. In my opinion this is due to the world renown name; known across the globe for its level of expectstion.
good place to work .
Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2018
i love that place . staff as well guest were very good . My GM was very helpful . when ever i need help she always ready for it . i always got good hours .
Labor intensive and neat atmosphere to be around.
Housekeeper & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE22 March 2018
A typical day at work at the Best Western would involve arriving every morning at 7 o'clock and we were assigned 11-15 rooms to have cleaned properly to have ready for the guests.
I learned proper folding techniques and how to work meticulously doing so.
The hardest part and the most enjoyable went hand in hand and that was the labor. Bending down, lifting heavy things. I loved this part of the job because I would go home and feel as thought I did a very good job, not to mention slept like a baby.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
messy rooms
Amazing place to work
Front Desk Agent/Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB13 March 2018
Employees are treated like family and working for such an amazing company allowed our guests to be more then happy most of the time. When your guests are happy it allows for a peaceful and friendly working environment.
Fun place
Kitchen Worker/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 March 2018
Loved it. Really had lots of smiles and laughs. Hours were good. No complaints. Very clean environment. It was always busy there you barely had a day off but it was beneficial that way if you like shifts like that. All in all I work there again.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Long shifts

Want to know more about Best Western?

Ask a question
Good pace to work and good management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 March 2018
Work start at 8:30 in the morning till 4:30 in the afternoon. The supervisors are friendly and understanding.There are times that it is so busy that the there is not enough time to finished all the work.
Pros
Free lunch every first Friday
Cons
lack of some equipment
Challenging, fun, at your own pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB5 March 2018
I've enjoyed the time I was there. worked with amazing group of people until I had my surgeries. my children enjoyed the fact that they got to go swimming once a week, the health benefits were awesome.
Alright job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB2 March 2018
Beautiful area to live and work in. The bar is very good and you receive a nice discount. Staff housing is very nice and affordable. Higher management are very good at their jobs which was nice.
Pros
youre in jasper
Cons
n/a
Quality care and maintain
Hk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2018
when I'am working in hotel industry for me at first its difficult but when i learned i feel happy and comfortable cause we have a great and nice team.i learned how to be confident and I'am happy cause i love my job .Management support and provide what we need in housekeeping department.We respect each other cause most of us have a different culture .The hardest part of this job if we have a lot of guest team's check in. enjoyable part when break time cause we are chatting while eating ,and have parties all department.
Good
FRONT DESK RECEPTION/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC25 February 2018
It was a nice place to work if you are looking for part time work. Schedule can be all over the place depending on demand. Good place to work in overall, the manager was great too!
A lot of nice repeat guests
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MT12 February 2018
Not a very supportive workplace. Nice guests and friendly staff. Front Desk manager was good to work for and with. HR management was disappointingly not supportive of staff.
Hardest part of the job was working when events were going on.
Also didn't get the feeling the staff mattered very much to management. Happy staff=happier guests.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
not really good
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB9 February 2018
the manager is never there . evrything is broke nothing get fix. no advence possible the employer all move out of the job after the hotel chang name
a typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hull, QC2 February 2018
I like to work in the hotels,i am friendly and enjoy the work with the people and the client .very smile person i like to help others very quickly solve the problems
Low pressure very accomodating
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
At Best Western Primrose Hotel which was sold in May 2015 and is no longer a Hotel. Reconciling cash, cheques, credit cards against Night Audit reports. Doing daily deposit slips and arranging for Armoured Car pick up. Handling petty cash. Responding to credit card disputes in writing. Credit Card disputes can be challenging and figuring out why things are out of balance when it happens. Management was fair.
An exciting and fun workplace with great staff and guests.
PORTER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 January 2018
A typical day at work was fun and enjoyable with the company of great co-workers. Never a dull moment. The day consists of assisting guest services with the guests needs and assuring a great stay. Also, many banquet functions and conference meetings must be prepared, the Porters are responsible for the set up, maintenance and overall care of such events. We are responsible for the clean up after an event to prepare and set up the next one. We have many other responsibilities as well, Porters generally do a little bit of everything in the Hotel from maintenance/technical duties to customer service and hospitality duties. In the end, a great place to work.
Pros
Discounts on food and hotel rooms
Cons
Long hours sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K