Best Western

Best Western Employee Reviews

Canada1,040 reviews

Found 1,040 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,942 reviews
hotelguesthousekeepingroomguhousekeeperlaundrydesk

Best Western Bridgewater- fire your head chef!

Aside from the head chef at Bridgewater BW that didn’t know what he was doing and had no social or personal skills dealing with others, the job was a blast.

Pros

Free meal, great coworkers, great Hotel management

Cons

Bad kitchen manager, long hours, thankless job

I do not recommend working here

This place is unprofessional and has poor management. If there is an issue management will ignore you and disappear on you when you need them. Employees show up over 30 minutes late and some refuse acknowledge their mistakes. Do not work here. It is toxic

Pros

Cons

Poor management, toxic enviroment

Insights into Best Western

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Toxic environment, no wonder it's a revolving door for house keepers. If you're not in with the management, then don't even bother. You were expected to get some rooms clean in under 15 mins, but if you missed one small thing you were in trouble, hard to do it all with such a short amount of time.

Wanted the impossible

They expected me to finish rooms with no laundry done, would place coins around the room and if you didn’t find them while cleaning then you would get in trouble for not cleaning properly

Respect mutuel

Les associés et la gouvernante ne réponde aucunement à nos besoins n'ont aucune patience avec les nouveaux et ne sont aucunement respectueux envers nous vraiment déçu d'être aller travailler pour eux

Horrible place to work with terrible management

Directed towards Best Western Plus Nor' Wester. Management is terrible, they don't care at all and the new general manager will only hire friends of his or his family. So much gossip and backstabbing with people overstepping their position. Will never regret leaving.

Amazing Place to Work

We have the best management at my Best Western Obtonabee Inn Plus in Ptbo.. my supervisor is so understanding, she works like a trooper helps each and everyone of us if she can plus does her own work… Treats everyone fairly at all times.. but we do have the most amazing staff too which helps.. All in all I love my job!!

Pros

Pizza Lunches Dinner’s

Cons

Long Hard Hours Very Busy

Awful place to work

They would put their full time employees off on days they were over staffed and keep the part time ones on.You never received a pay stub from them you could ask management about it and they wouldn't care.Hours were missing off pays

Cons

Mistreated, rude staff

Fun workplace and multicultrual

a fun play to work and the supervisors are caring! Suitable for someone who is looking for a flexible schedule, they can always arrange for you. The only cons is you need to work until a late night.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner

Cons

Need to work until midnight

Terrible General Manager/Owners

Does not care about employees and only cares about making money. I was pretty much the HR for all employees because of how poorly we are being treated.

Pros

Cons

Not being treated fairly and not being paid for all the jobs you’ll end up doing.

Good if you like part time

Was hired being told it was a full time job, but had to work a different department to achieve the hours. Was told I would get extensive training, but after 4 shifts I was expected to know pretty much everything someone who was there for 5 years. Some staff are good to work with where others just up and leave you alone to handle everything and when you ask for help they look at you as if doing their job was inconvenient. It can be a toxic environment especially when there is a lot of talk behind others backs. Honestly the pay grade isn’t that good in any department considering all the work that we all do.

Pros

Room discounts, food discounts

Cons

Inconsistent hours, some staff members

Mismanaged workplace with absent management

Management that makes no attempt to engage with employees if ever present, and coworkers with a sense of entitlement and no respect for other boundaries and well being.

Cons

Bad Staff

Stressful and exhausting place to work

Poor management, horrible scheduling, very low pay. The supervisor nor management take anything seriously. Supervisor is lazy and doesn’t do her job she also talks negatively about one employee to another. Overall not a good place to work at.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Poor management, low pay

Great place to learn

This place was nice to work. Most staff were awesome. Alot of people have been working for thirty plus years., they were helpful and caring. Restaurants are amazing.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No room for improvement

Awful Company

The company doesn’t care about the employees only about making money. The managers don’t even give you the time of day and do not support you or make you feel welcomed.

Pros

Free Hotel Stays

Cons

Standing on your feet for 12 hours.

hospitality and lunch parties

Best Western seemed good at first but they expect too much work and not enough pay or hours which forced me outthey let me go because I was not satisfied with little hours and small pay

Pros

monthly free lunches

Cons

lack of hours and lack of teamwork which they speak so highly of

Bad management

Management will fire you for being sick during your 3 months. Disrespectful towards staff and extremely picky as time goes by. Very hot and will not give you proper sized uniforms. Breaks were good.

Place is toxic.

Work with untrustworthy co workers. People constantly gossip then blame someone else. Management has favorites. Management doesn’t even listen to you. Accused of things you wouldn’t even think of doing . Accused of being mean to people but yet are never around them. It’s all lies. The place is a joke to work for.

Pros

Nothing is free

Cons

Not a hard job, customers are great

The first five years were pretty good, but the last few months the management dynamics have changed,not in a good way, they have lost a lot of long time staff because of this

Pros

Days only

Cons

Constantly increasing workload unrealistic demands

Good and Bad

The job itself is pretty easy but can be overwhelming for beginners. Management is okay but there’s not much improvements from the hotel which makes guest to complain to FD.

You won't make much money here but the workload is a lot

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone that is a single income household. "Full time" is maybe 20 hours a week. Turn over is bad. The workload is a lot and you are expected to go as fast as possible. Existing staff will make you work through breaks to leave early. Existing staff also make you do their work, and don't do things properly. They don't want you to clean properly, they just want you to make it appear clean. Management will micromanage your every move. More work is constantly added. Laundry will make you do most things by yourself, including extra cleaning and the majority of folding. If the manager doesn't like you, she will send you home early every day, or cut your time. Last cheque was 4 hours short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement