Best Western Inn on the Bay Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time here
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON23 May 2018
If you enjoy working for a company that cares more about turning a profit than the safety of its employees than this is the job for you! Be prepared to have your suggestions be completely overlooked and you opinions unheard. Have fun working your butt off but never seeing an increase in your wages so that the top dogs can roll in their piles of cash. Express your concerns with the general manager and expect an unfair outcome so that the hotel can maintain its perfect image. Your experience working here is guaranteed to be much improved if you are a male.
Pros
Beautiful location on the bay
Cons
Management; unfair wages; little to no hours in the off season; long shifts with no breaks
Poor Pay
Front Desk Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON10 March 2018
Great guests, best hotel by far in the area, but the company does not pay the employees what they deserve. Loyal long term employees do not get the pay they deserve.
Pros
free soup
Cons
minimum wage even for those who have been there longer then 10 years
Good workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON5 March 2018
Over all nice location of work. The dining room has a beautiful view of Georgian bay. Always a different day at work. The guests are very nice and are loyal to us.
Pros
Staff food discounts of 50% off
Cons
Will forever miss this place
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON13 February 2018
Worked here twice. Unfortunately had to relocate back home.

Such an unreal place. Great management team. Can't thank them enough and would recommend this job to anyone.

I worked as a dishwasher, but also did some prep, made pizzas. I feel my strength was I was someone who kept morale high.

Hardest part was sometimes the hours could be long on banquet nights but generally the work load was lighter.

Most enjoyable was the people. Everyone from the Desk, Maintenance, front and back of house was unreal.

Since new management for the Kitchen, morale has never been higher, communication was more clear, days felt shorter. Generally we weren't clock watching. Time flew because as a crew we enjoyed eachothers company and fed off of eachother.

This was one of the best jobs I had and am blessed to have worked there twice.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
None.
good place
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON24 July 2017
good place to work. lots of great benefits. kitchen is well equipped. the staff was amazing great team atmosphere, good work life balance. the view was pretty amazing also
Great place to work!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON3 May 2017
I really enjoyed my time working here! I had lots of fun with the people I worked with and management was very easy to deal with! Schedule worked out amazing as well for me having two kids!