Best Service Pros Management reviews

Not a good long term job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 February 2018
Management was good in the beginning couple years of getting the contract, went down hill after replacements came in in 2017.
There was a lot of unnecessary drama between employees, and between management at times.
Short staffed most of the time.
Extremely hard summer deadlines and expectations, especially for the pay.
Management showed quite a bit of favouritism.
Best
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 February 2018
This is a good company with a few good folks working the ropes, upper management is a mess and no benefits, overworked and good luck getting time off for whatever,
Pros
Minimal
Cons
Lots
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta30 January 2018
I've worked at Best for almost 6 years and have really enjoyed my experience. The management team is very open and accessible, they hold you accountable but also reward you. There is a lot of growth in this company and plenty of opportunities for advancement. It is a diverse, challenging, and fun place to work.
Pros
Fun, great culture, diverse team, growth company, leadership opportunities
Cons
Work hours can be outside of normal business hours but thats the nature of the work.
Good Job for Day Hours/Friendly individuals to work with
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB22 August 2017
I started with Best Service Pros. when I first moved to Cold Lake, my mother in law was working there at the time and helped get my foot in the door. I enjoyed working there it was different work every day, the hours never went past 5pm so it is a great place to work for anyone with children under 12
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Management didn't value their employees
Good job for students
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB2 May 2017
My first ever job, it had a lot of shakeups in management when I worked there but otherwise it was a solid work experience. Really easy job duties and casual work environment (put in your headphones and work).

Pay was great for the duties that I was performing, even a possible overpay.

Hours were great for a student (4pm-9pm) but I couldn't imagine doing that in my adult years now.
Pros
paid lunch, good (even over) pay, short shifts
Cons
part-time only, would have to be willing to clean some AWFUL toilet seats
Well organized job site. Some morning shifts available, but mostly from 4 p.m. to midnight.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 April 2017
The company accepts people who are advanced in years also.
Crew is Filipino based. Very nice and helpful people.
Work is hard, but manageable, not too bad.
Management is reasonable.
There is now a new rule: Persons who have some medical problem, like hernia, bad back, previous operations of some sort, etc. should not apply, because some heavy lifting is involved.
Recommended. Apply to their office site with resume, address can be found in the Internet. They will call, when positions open.
Pros
Crew is helpful, if any questions. Extra persons are put to help, when needed.
Cons
One can always discuss any work related issue with the manager, they are reasonable and understanding.
Unorganized management with little to no communication skills
Custodian (Former Employee) –  UBCO5 September 2016
A typical day at work was being assigned a building and cleaning it. We were often understaffed and never properly instructed on how to do our duties. Management was often doing their own thing and neglected things like equipment repair and employee complaints. my co-workers were mostly kids that had just graduated high school. Hardest part of the job was figuring out what i would have to neglect for the evening since we were always understaffed.
Pros
ok hours (4pm-12am)
Cons
bad management and lazy co-workers
Best
Site Manager - Exterior Division (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, bc29 June 2015
Best Service Pros, was a large company with many different things to learn, however with that being said the management was full of empty promises and rude to the women who worked there. On a daily basis I feared for my job.
Pros
great hours
Cons
rude mangement
great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Athabasca AB31 March 2015
Hard work but great people who care about your well being. Management always provides clear direction and has little problem gaining compliance from others. Management provides consistent, valuable performance feedback, and always dedicates considerable effort to developing the skills of co-workers.
Pros
i know my daily routine
Cons
they dont pay for gas
Best is a good but not excellent company to work for.
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2014
A typical day at work would begin with my looking at the message book to see if my boss wanted me to do anything specific. I would also check with the other supervisor on night shift to see if all of his people had shown up for work. If not, then I would have to lend him one of my people; regular cleaning took priority over project work. If so, then one of my men and I would do whatever floor work was assigned while another would do floor buffing.

Laundry would also have to be done. Best cleans all of its drygoods rather than contracting it out. One of my staff or I had to keep the company's washer and dryer working all night long. Rags, mop heads, and dust mop heads were all washed and dried.

Emergencies had to be dealt with, too. I once had a flood to clean up. I had to marshall 3 men and 4 autoscrubbers to clean it up.

I learned 2 valuable lessons in this job. Firstly, do EXACTLY what the boss wants. Secondly, pay attention to detail. Forgetting something important can get you into trouble.

Management at Best was mixed. There are great bosses to work for, and some not so great.

My fellow supervisors were great. The night shift supervisor for the regular cleaning was especially warm and generous.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with staff members who spoke very little English. The janitorial business uses largely first generation immigrants, and not being able to tell them what to do can be frustrating if their English skills are inadequate.

The most enjoyable part of the job was solving a serious problem on my own volition. When
  more... I was able to do that, I could go home at the end of my shift thinking that I could just walk on air!  less
Pros
Management would occasionally show its appreciation by buying breakfast or pizza for the staff.
Cons
There were no company benefits at all (eg: pension, dental, medical, etc.
Its a Job
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB13 October 2012
Cleaning up is a busy job. I don't believe this is a long term career for myself. Management and supervisory staff know that I am working temporarily and until I get a job as a Power Engineer. So far its decent but at the rate I'm working for its simply not enough, especially to travel 2 hours a day and not getting any travel pay plus no possibility of worker benefits is very inadequate.
Pros
early start and early stops.
Cons
no real future for a career, paid hourly so no salary.