Best Guard Security Inc. Employee Reviews

Great work environment,many opportunities to grow
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
I enjoy the staff and management of this company. excellent work environment. I enjoy coming into work everyday and helping out the community.As long as you follow work policy, work with a sense of professionalism, and have a safety first attitude, they have no reason to have issues.
Pros
free coffee
Excellent workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North York, ON20 March 2018
A typical day at work will include the following:
The necessity of arriving at workplace on time.
Going over all memos left by the other guard:
Making sure all equipment and necessary documents are prepared.
To be helpful towards customers needs.
One of the most valuable skills I have learned in Best Guard was to pay careful attention to customer's needs, while evaluating their request and finding the best, suitable solution.
The hardest part of the job is to fill an accurate report in case of accident.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the amount of free time given for observation of surrounding area.
Pros
free lunches
Excellent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Excellent work place environment, perfect for career advancement. Perfect place for new comers looking for a start in the security industry. Would definitely recommend this place to a friend.
Equality
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
It is a good place to work. I have been with them more then 2.5 years and never had problems with them. You work hard and they take care of you. I work as a guard in the big condo in Toronto.
Pros
Reasonable Travel
Cons
Takes time to grow in the company
fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 March 2018
one of my first security jobs ever. great place to work they help you to grow and be better, pay always in time, right place for you to work at, great team
Pros
free lunches
Full time work and good site placement
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
I work for Best Guard as a concierge guard at a Condominium(15 min away from my house). The company trained me properly on the site. They are always available when I need them. They've been giving me full time hours and they pay me on time. Also when I have vacation requests they've always kept my spot until I return.
Pros
Lots of Hours
Cons
Could be paid a bit better
Good Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
I have been working with this Company for more then 4 years its perfect for obtaining lots of experience as a security guard, always getting pay in time at Monday 12 pm sometimes early but never late, management always there for me and they have 24/7 dispatcher for you if you need help, great places for work if you really what to work and grow.
Pros
free lunches
Unproffessional and selfish
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
This company has a terrible management and HR team. I have seen four security guards get fired right after a week before their probation ended over trivial issues like coming in late to work just once by mistake or forget to wear your name tag just once, no warnings given straight termination. They notify you last minute of your termination. They may even suspend you, and according to the law if you are suspended for longer than 13 weeks that is an automatic termination but they do not care about the law, they will keep you in the company in case they need back up at any of your trained locations.
company has laid back sites but are not flexible or considerate
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2017
worked for the company for 2 years. job sites were easy but other guards are immature rowdy and irresponsible. they pick fights if theyre told to work maturely. management is fair but if you get on their bad side they will not show you mercy.
Pros
easy job sites
Cons
inconsiderate and not flexible
Tough Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2017
Working for this company in the past was hard as there is no room for Advancement or job security. The pay was really low hard to make the living of it. Placed in an odd location.
Cons
Hard work, no room for advancement, low pay
Never ever work for this company
Site Supervisor / Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
Cheap company they Pay $11.5 / hour, never appreciate or value Security Guard work even if you were the best.
They change your schedule 3-4 times on the same week. you have to work day / night shift
Pros
Zero
Cons
Never work for this company
Terrible Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 March 2017
Would receive new schedule Saturday morning, work week begins on Sunday. Would work all types of hours, mornings, afternoons, nights and overnights all within the same week. One of my last schedules I had three scheduled shifts, and the remaining four days were on call shifts for the entire day. If they call you to come in, you better go in, or they'll yell at you over the phone and cut your shifts the following week.
Worst management
Dispatcher and mobile supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
The company will rip you off by asking you to pay for everything. $400 for a uniform which is worst. For training no pay. The management needs to learn how to talk. They should take ESL classes. Force you to become sub contractors. They ask you to pay for everything. Worst site, mostly construction with no washrooms and heating. Spend a noght in your car and pay for your gas to hear the car in winter. Worst company to work with
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad about this stupid company
Professional Team
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
Grate starting place for new immigrants to Canada. Company give you room to grow, and career advancement is definitely met. If you are someone looking for Security Guards for you Sites or Events, this company is also one to look up, the team will go over and beyond to provide you with professional services at affordable prices.
Pros
Takes care of its Family (Staff)
Cons
No Benefits
Good Experience and Full Time Hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Company is perfect for obtaining lots of experience as a asecurity guard. Worked at various events and afterwards was placed as a concierge full time at a building 10min aways from my house. Management is always there if you call or email. They pay on time.
Pros
Full time hours and experience
Cons
They find the right place for you and give you hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2016
This is a great company to work for. Mid size and with excellent management. They always talk to you and find the right place for you to work at. The managers work around your schedule and give you the maximum requested hours. Worked there for 2 years while I was in school and its a perfect place for students that need extra income.
Pros
Work hours and work location
Cons
no benefits
Great place to work at with lots of advancement opportunities
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2016
Great people at all levels of the company-joining Best Guard Security is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and work well as a team. I've been here for about 13 months and I feel that I learned so much. The good thing about Best Guard Security is they give lots of room to grow.
Pros
Management is always there for you
Cons
Terrible security company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
Terrible security company to work for, the management is as unprofessional as it gets, they charge around 400 for the cheapest uniform set, they don't reply to phone calls or emails once some issue has occurred with a security guard such as being late 3 times in one pay period and then they will just fire the guard without an explanation or reply to calls/emails, they even go to the lengths of cutting the call without a call back if it is inconvenient for them.
Cons
only construction sites with basic requirements met onsite for the security guards
Good job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
-just surveillance around the building top to bottom and also logging a journal of patrols, including underground parking
-a lot of walking, which keeps you active and awake to perform duties
Pros
cool uniforms
Cons
bad hours, low pay
Company's culture
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vaughan11 June 2015
Great culture in the company that allows you to talk to management and not to wait weeks for appointment. Guys are straight forward and loyal to their employees. Work hard = fast promotion.
Pros
breaks are paid, hours available, flexible
Cons
too many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Guard Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Best Guard Security Inc. Reviews by Location