Best Buy Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 April 2018
Worked here for a while, really enjoyed it. Made wonderful relationships that I wouldn't change for the world. However management can be better, GM's are great, never really around. The sales team is their everything, everyone is just kind of there. Favouritism is a problem, but that is in any workplace. Overall, awesome place to work, pay could be better.
Pros
Will make great friends
Cons
Favouritism is prominent
Decent workplace
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 April 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at this store. Manager is business-oriented yet understands that the employee experience is a high priority. Most management staff were good to work with and easy to relate to. Despite turnover, co-workers were great to work with and made the experience much more enjoyable.
Pros
Great relationships with co-workers; prospects to diversify within business is good
dont want to write this
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 April 2018
forced to be writing this review before i can move on to my profile.......
150 minimum character count lol ridiculous. I dont care about best buy enough
Great place to gain retail experience
Customer service ambassador (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 April 2018
Great place to work!
BestBuy offers great benefits.
Fast pacing environment. Overall, management team is fantastic. Some of the managers however are too inexperienced
Pros
Great team to work in, great benefits
Cons
New management team is unedxperienced
good environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON7 April 2018
I learnt the art of dealing with customers, cooperating with colleagues and learning more and more every day. Also, our attitude toward the job and the people around also plays a very important role.
Pros
parties
Cons
long days
Fun and productive work place
Operations Product Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 April 2018
Excellent team engagement and growth opportunities;
A typical days has theme and it well structured;
Culture of work is engaging and goal oriented;
Focused approach towards problem solving and team engagement
Best Place to work
QC Associative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2018
Best Buy is the best platform to learn new things. I had a very good experience with them. If you have skills they will promote. Also, support from the management is awesome.
Good Part Job
MCSA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2018
I really enjoy working here as a part time job. They are flexible & understanding & i really enjoy coming to work. I started here when the economy was slow & this was my only income. They were very understanding when i got a full time job & had to change my availability & reduce my hours.
Pros
Felxible, Good Management
Cons
Salary
Productive and safe
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 April 2018
The hardest part of the job was having to be a leader, and entertain children from morning to afternoon, all through a long, hot, summer day. Its was both enjoyable yet the toughest part.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Noisy
decent
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 April 2018
super super super good and stuff ya it was cool and stuff then we sentit to the store and i worked and it was a good day and then i stopped wroking there
great learning experience
Sales and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ND31 March 2018
Best Buy has a long lasting effect in my life and career. I was able to develop great skills and confidence that have helped me in my sales career.

great company, invested in developing a great customer experience and socially responsible.
Pros
employee discount, tuition reimbursement
Cons
work during the holidays
Good place to learn.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2018
My location is a good place to learn so many thing in IT. we usually start at 7:45 and end at 4:15.
the management always asks you to learn more from other colleague.
Learn from Challenge and Change; Unleash the power and potential of people.
Sales Supervisor (Home Solutions), Sales Senior (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2018
Motivating, developing and managing a team of members, ensuring a high level of product and service knowledge, professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times thereby maintaining a superior level of customer shopping experience aligned with the predetermined company standards and objectives in mind.
Cons
Long Hours
A fun place to work
Assistant Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 March 2018
Best Buy was my first job after completing college for the first time in 2004, I was an assistant inventory supervisor and I gained invaluable knowledge and skills from my management team.
Fun place to work
Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 March 2018
It was super easy going. A lot of fun people made for a good work environment. Hours were good during holiday season but dwindled off afterwards. Management was usually pretty good and my sales supervisor helped me out a lot with hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  9250 Airport Rd, Brampton, ON L6S 6G627 March 2018
The distribution center is surprisingly family oriented. You start the morning with a meeting with your coworkers, the team leader, and the supervisor. You discuss how the productivity has been and what you can do to make the workplace a more embracing environment.
Pros
Spacious lunch room, Game room with table tennis, game consoles, multiple tvs, a computer, etc.
Cons
many competent workers so if you want job security you will have to meet their expectations
Good
Home Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 March 2018
Just a survival job. not bad. But they will not give you enough working time if you are just a part-time. Good working environment. good chance to know about Canada's marketing.
Good environment
Représentant des Ventes (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC26 March 2018
it is one of the best place to work as a student or first experience on hand.slow improvment but good environement to develop intrapersnal and interpersonal skills.
Sometimes fun. Somtimes productive
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON26 March 2018
Always a busy department. Unloading trucks and re-stocking twice a week. Always changing prices. Resetting sections all the time. Sometimes deals could be had with buying equipment direct from vendors.
Favouritism was very obvious from some dept managers. Lazy co-workers made it tough for the department to funtion properly a lot of the time and they were never reprimanded.
District management were narcissistic and big headed and treated staff as commodities.
Forget holidays like Christmas and Easter because they will work you like a dog with long hours and very early starts.
Working for best buy is ok if you want part time work to fund your fun in between school work. As a career it's not feasible. You're only ever going to be as good as the last warranty you sold.
Pros
Good store managers. Staff discount. Some great co-workers
Cons
Horrible district managers. Too many lazy co-workers. Bad pay and high expectations for job role. H
fun with playstation
Product Tester (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 March 2018
it is fun and working with electronic devices which is so exciting and having fun with them. The management team was really good and the care about people who work therw.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

56K