Best Buy Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Computer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
I learned how to engage with customers on a personal level. Create amazing experiences for the consumer to keep coming back to the store. Staff lounge is always stocked with snacks and refreshments.
Pros
Free lunches
Constant restructuring meant no room for advancement
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 March 2018
For what it was, it was a great low pressure job but there was no room to grow as everyone fought for the 1 full time position in our department. This was done so no one qualified for benefits and schedules could be flexible as possible though
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 March 2018
satisfactory work experience, not much job security. One of the benefits was being able to work with many different types of technology. constant learning and educational opportunities available.
great staff, good environment
Seasonal Multi Channel Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
a typical day at Best Buy Canada as an MCSA would start off as hooking up the headset then printing out orders, organizing based on the area in store and checking if items are in stock. then receiving the orders then bringing them into the back labeling expiry and accepting the orders via computer. if a customer calls the call goes to you and they either have a question about a product or service or requesting to put something on hold. I learned more communication skills, organization skills, and customer service.
Pros
free lunch on big retail sales (black friday, Boxing day)
Great Place
Sales Senior (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 March 2018
Fantastic place to work! Great place to learn the basics of sales and also intro to business. Highly recommend Best Buy Canada as a place for everyone.
No pressure sales environment
Lead Mobile Specialist (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC19 March 2018
Great place to learn and work. The day is scout was awesome when I worked there. They gave benefits to both full and part time employees. Really good balance between my work and life. Only reason I left was that they shut my store down and laid me off.
Pros
Employee discount, great work culture
Cons
Company restructured multiple time during my tenure
Company
OPERATIONS SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 March 2018
The company is divided when it comes to manage and the management team is not always on the same page. Your manager can break or make your experience within the company.

Most enjoyable part of the job is of course getting to play with the latest tech in the retail environment.
Pros
Nice cost + 5% discount
Cons
hit/miss management
Challenging environment but good experience
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 March 2018
One of the few enterprise environments in the Vancouver area. The company has a great culture with great people.

Senior leadership in the IT area is challenging as the priority is to cut costs as much as possible which hinders the ability to focus on quality. Most people feel stretched. Overtime is the norm. My work weeks are usually 50+ hours.

Aforementioned challenges aside, it's still a positive overall work experience.
Pros
On site gym, cafeteria with subsidized food pricing
Cons
Lots of OT, over committing in goals, favoritism for certain departments
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
Everyone helps each other, managers always ready for help whether it is related to the work or even personal life. The environment is very fun. The company always provide training about services and products.
Informative and challenging experience
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 March 2018
Retail workplace is always challenging as you have to face different people and give your 100% despite all insecurities and circumstances of your life. I managed to learn not only about technology and operations, but also how to communicate in a respective, productive way. Best Buy has its perks as any company, however the coworkers and management are very helpful and friendly. My drive to learn and their professionalism helped me have a great experience.
Pros
Discounts, Warm work environment, Learning experience
Cons
Numbers matter more than people, Impatience of management, Racial Prioritization
Very unstable, depending on their mood.
PRODUCT PROCESS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 March 2018
Worked for the company for over 6 years. Years ago the culture of the company was very different now the sales team gets a lot of pressure, the managers are from other companies and often very inexperienced. In the many companies that I have worked for this one had the most turn over. Depending on the store you land on the story might be different but at the end the ethics are now the same, get a long with the managers no matter how hard or how bad you work. Their way to deal with "bad" employees is one - Gather paper work to get them out of here- Other companies will work on addressing internal issues and work with them.
Pros
Okay benefits
fun place
Superviseur senior (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC15 March 2018
fun place to work - management really wants to help each person out to achieve themselves, usually beyond their limits. Great place to work, especially for students.
Poorly executed
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
I was not given an orientation nor proper training. I was thrown into the job and it was very stressful. After I was asked if I would like to be kept for permanent from temporary, I was let go 5 days later because they didn't have hours for me. I was also denied my two 15-minute/ half hour breaks when working a full 8-hour shift.
Pros
Busy days made time go by faster.
Cons
Not trained properly.
friendly staff, flexible working hours.
Product Process Senior (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2018
The staff is friendly, management is ok. The hours are flexible for most, the job is more steered towards individuals just looking for extra income. Would not recommend to build career long term.
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON13 March 2018
employees were generally around the same age so the workplace was much more friendly and everyone tried to do their job the best that they could without making the workplace boring.
Fantastic management, great staff, amazing to work for.
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 March 2018
I had worked at my local Best Buy for 3 years and my time there was a pleasure. Though we were all serparated by departments, such a cohesive team of people coming together made co workers seem like family. Would work there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Excellent and understanding managers, fair pay, friendly co workers, all keep you motivated.
Cons
Hours were lacking
Flipped Management
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON12 March 2018
In the beginning I loved the place. Everyone was super fun and chill and if you did something wrong they'd let you know. Then the entirety of the management flipped over in a year's time and now I hate the place. All the managers are passive aggressive and reward people for doing the bare minimum but forbid going above and beyond because you will not be recognized. You also won't be recognized for messing something up. Either nothing will be done about it or they will passive aggressively hate you basically until you leave. The most enjoyable part of this job is leaving.
Fun workplace
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 March 2018
Lots of the latest computer products to deal with.
Lots of customers to deal with.
Clean and organized environment.
Friendly co-workers and management.
fun
Computer Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 March 2018
great fun energetic sales customer service...i worked as a part time sales and a cashier. I could switch both. It was flexible. They give you this opportunity. I really enjoyed working there
Pros
friendly
Meh
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 March 2018
The benefits were the only good thing about that place.
The hours were normal length with a lot of down time so keep busy with cleaning.
Some staff are nice while others will be nice to your face and then talk bad about you.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management/ staff likes to back stab others and talk bad about customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K