Best Buy Employee Reviews

Best Place to work
QC Associative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2018
Best Buy is the best platform to learn new things. I had a very good experience with them. If you have skills they will promote. Also, support from the management is awesome.
Good Part Job
MCSA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2018
I really enjoy working here as a part time job. They are flexible & understanding & i really enjoy coming to work. I started here when the economy was slow & this was my only income. They were very understanding when i got a full time job & had to change my availability & reduce my hours.
Pros
Felxible, Good Management
Cons
Salary
Productive and safe
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 April 2018
The hardest part of the job was having to be a leader, and entertain children from morning to afternoon, all through a long, hot, summer day. Its was both enjoyable yet the toughest part.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Noisy
decent
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 April 2018
super super super good and stuff ya it was cool and stuff then we sentit to the store and i worked and it was a good day and then i stopped wroking there
great learning experience
Sales and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ND31 March 2018
Best Buy has a long lasting effect in my life and career. I was able to develop great skills and confidence that have helped me in my sales career.

great company, invested in developing a great customer experience and socially responsible.
Pros
employee discount, tuition reimbursement
Cons
work during the holidays
Good place to learn.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2018
My location is a good place to learn so many thing in IT. we usually start at 7:45 and end at 4:15.
the management always asks you to learn more from other colleague.
Learn from Challenge and Change; Unleash the power and potential of people.
Sales Supervisor (Home Solutions), Sales Senior (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2018
Motivating, developing and managing a team of members, ensuring a high level of product and service knowledge, professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times thereby maintaining a superior level of customer shopping experience aligned with the predetermined company standards and objectives in mind.
Cons
Long Hours
A fun place to work
Assistant Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 March 2018
Best Buy was my first job after completing college for the first time in 2004, I was an assistant inventory supervisor and I gained invaluable knowledge and skills from my management team.
Fun place to work
Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 March 2018
It was super easy going. A lot of fun people made for a good work environment. Hours were good during holiday season but dwindled off afterwards. Management was usually pretty good and my sales supervisor helped me out a lot with hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  9250 Airport Rd, Brampton, ON L6S 6G627 March 2018
The distribution center is surprisingly family oriented. You start the morning with a meeting with your coworkers, the team leader, and the supervisor. You discuss how the productivity has been and what you can do to make the workplace a more embracing environment.
Pros
Spacious lunch room, Game room with table tennis, game consoles, multiple tvs, a computer, etc.
Cons
many competent workers so if you want job security you will have to meet their expectations
Good
Home Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 March 2018
Just a survival job. not bad. But they will not give you enough working time if you are just a part-time. Good working environment. good chance to know about Canada's marketing.
Good environment
Représentant des Ventes (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC26 March 2018
it is one of the best place to work as a student or first experience on hand.slow improvment but good environement to develop intrapersnal and interpersonal skills.
Sometimes fun. Somtimes productive
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON26 March 2018
Always a busy department. Unloading trucks and re-stocking twice a week. Always changing prices. Resetting sections all the time. Sometimes deals could be had with buying equipment direct from vendors.
Favouritism was very obvious from some dept managers. Lazy co-workers made it tough for the department to funtion properly a lot of the time and they were never reprimanded.
District management were narcissistic and big headed and treated staff as commodities.
Forget holidays like Christmas and Easter because they will work you like a dog with long hours and very early starts.
Working for best buy is ok if you want part time work to fund your fun in between school work. As a career it's not feasible. You're only ever going to be as good as the last warranty you sold.
Pros
Good store managers. Staff discount. Some great co-workers
Cons
Horrible district managers. Too many lazy co-workers. Bad pay and high expectations for job role. H
fun with playstation
Product Tester (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 March 2018
it is fun and working with electronic devices which is so exciting and having fun with them. The management team was really good and the care about people who work therw.
Was an alright job, better than average but not by much
Seasonal Operations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 March 2018
I was only a reasonable employee so I did not get to see the usual non holiday hours, but from what I saw and comparing to my current job, bestbuy was much more strict. We would only get 30 minute breaks for an 8 hour shift and I constantly worked past what my shift was supposed to be. The best part of the job was the people I met.
Pros
Free lunch a few times
Cons
Hours were not accurate due do the holiday rush
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 March 2018
Ensured all associate had assignments and executed before store opened. Hardest part of the job was being able to get a break as sometimes I was the only manager in the store. Most enjoyable part being the first to see the latest in technology.
Pros
Shifts
Fun working environment!
QA Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2018
- Work life balance and flexible working hours :)
- People are fun to work with
- Extremely fair and amazing cost + 5% employee discount
- Process and behavior driven, focusing on the customer experience.
Pros
Free coffee, working from home, store discounts
the best work place i ever had
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
The people there are very nice , i got a long with most of my coworkers , because most of us are almost the same age ,late 20s .
the job is very chill your just sitting down the whole day calling customers , but sometimes its boring and they try to make you mad but i don't really take it personal , and i just let them be , sometimes its very stressful because u just started your shifts and customers are trying to make you mad by insulting the products , the company , you and your family , while your just doing your job .
Big Box Working
Consulting Agent (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA22 March 2018
When you work for a chain store like Best Buy it's important to remember that the most important thing at the end of the day is the bottom line. Every aspect of your job will reflect this, from the pay to the way you're encouraged to handle customers and clients.
Pros
Some People
Cons
Other People
Productive and a Fun Work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2018
Every day as staff we would have to reach a certain goal within our sales while providing customer satisfactory. Providing knowledge to customers looking into what they are looking to purchase

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K