Best Buy Employee Review

Learning curve
Merchandising Senior (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON9 November 2015
I was thrown into this position and did not get much training until after 3months of being there. Once training started it was a lot to learn in such a short time. I took notes and reference online training courses. I was in charge of an all male staff, which at first was daunting as I was criticized for my physical strength. Once the boys saw that i could lift anything they could all was well!
Pros
free treats in the lunch room every other week
Cons
not enough room for internal growth

Other Best Buy Employee Reviews

Loved wokring here
Mobile and Smart Living Senior (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK13 December 2019
Everyone is so great. They taught me lots about management and fairness. I never had any doubt that this would be a good place for many people to start a career and a life long one at that. My only reasoning that I want to leave is that this isn't my life long career.
Stessful, Profit Oriented, Only Worried About Beating Sales Goals
Computer Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2019
I worked in the geek squad, where there was a serious diversity inequality. There was never enough staff for the repair side, constantly beaked at over the radio to fulfill customer service requests, yet no time to actually do the repairs. Christmas time was heartless, the store was make upwards of +$160,000 yet there was no money for hours to do the work properly and as soon as christmas was over, there was no money for enough hours to pay rent and eat.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of staff, cliquey, aggressive and cold sales tactics, manipulative, not enough hours, lack of standard for repair quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.9K