Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Review

Bestbuy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 January 2020
This could just be the experience I had but the bestbuy I worked at felt more like we were on commission then salery. Not only that but on multiple occasions a few members of management would pressure you into getting some services for the "customer" I will say that if you get to know the employees at bestbuy in most cases there extremely nice and friendly. But management would be the down fall of some bestbuys.

Other Best Buy Employee Reviews

Stay clear of this company, APPLY ELSEWHERE
Omni Channel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2020
I work at the flagship store in one of the biggest cities in Ontario. My experience is downright abysmal.

I started as a Connected Solutions Specialist (Now called Computing Solutions Advisor) and I was responsible for selling wearables, cameras, smart home stuff, and computers. Later when the departments got switched around, I was transferred to Computing Solutions. I am now working as an Omni Channel Specialist.

Anyway, the culture at my store is horrible when it comes to management. Constant micromanaging, focus on hitting sales targets as if we are on commission, the pressure to sell Geek Squad warranties to every customer (more on that in a bit), no job security whatsoever, blatantly breaking various labour laws, and I can go on and on.

I have been bullied by countless managers as if they are trying to let me know that they don't want me there. The only reason why I'm probably still here is that I have extensive knowledge of most of the products in the store, as I am quite the tech-head. There is blatant favouritism in the store with management. Also, if they don't like you, they make it quite apparent.

Going back to Geek Squad, we are encouraged to sell warranties to customers by deceiving them about our services. There is no transparency in regards to our warranties. Working at customer service, I have seen time and time again, customers rightfully being furious when the find out that our warranty didn't cover their device's issue. On top of that, one trick my store would play is that they would tell the customer that they would give them a discount on
  more... their warranty, but the way they would do that is by discounting the product, thus lowering the value of their product when they would get their value back on a gift card. Also, they would try and get customers to sign up for their monthly accidental damage warranty, by not being transparent with the customer.

I would advise anyone looking to work here... DON'T!!! This place sucks! It's good if you work here for a maximum of 1 year. After that, you start loathing this place, EVERY. SINGLE. SHIFT!!! Unless you like getting micromanaged and working in a stressful environment, by all means, please apply! I mean, Best Buy can afford to pay DMs, Store Managers, Supervisors, fat wages and bonuses, meanwhile, the minimum wage associate is expected to be an encyclopedia of products beyond belief, and get s*** on when you don't meet your targets (lack of hours). But hey, at least Best Buy gives you a nice discount...

The only thing I like there is the co-workers. The only thing keeping me sane.
Fun place to work
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2020
The management was great and very understanding, they also understood how to get the most out of employees. Sales were a focus, but the main aspect of the job was to provide the best possible customer service, and leave them with a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

59.3K