Best Buy Employee Review

Great Coworkers, Bad Job Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2019
I really enjoyed the people I met, from colleagues, to brand reps and even a few managers were really good people. The job had some good perks with good opportunities for raises and promotions.

With that being said, there is really a fake vibe that exudes from the Best Buy job culture. Best Buy comes across as a company that is obsessed with customer satisfaction but is really only concerned with numbers and sales figures. You could give a customer a great experience but are questioned on why they didn't buy an extended warranty or sign up for the $20 a month membership. They are all about wanting "what's best for the customer that fits their needs" but also expects that every customer should be a Geek Squad Member. You really need to drink the Best Buy kool aid to advance and be liked, there's a lot of favoritism from managers for employees who use sneaky sales tactics to bump their numbers up. I was appalled by some of the things I witnessed from other associates lying and deceiving customers just to make that sale with the warranty that would impress their boss. Some of the tactics were really slimy and manipulative and those kinds of actions are rewarded at Best Buy. Honestly, after working for Best Buy I'm not even sure I'd make big purchases from there as a customer. The only reason I stayed for so long is that the pay was good for my particular position as a student.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
only care about numbers and metrics, reward bad behaviour, favouritism

Other Best Buy Employee Reviews

Beware of higher-ups
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2019
Moved up the ranks over the years. Others got promoted as they were friends of management (drinking hobbies) etc. Those who should be promoted aren't. Beware of GMs in the store as they will become best friends with other managers. Hold one manager accountable and the whole company will fold in and suffocate you out. Hr will not help as they are in bed with the rest of the team .
Best Job for anyone who is hands on
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2019
I started working at Bestbuy early in my University years and worked there for approximately 9 years. By far the best company i have worked for, they are flexible, team oriented and generally a caring company. I worked my way from a seasonal employee to a Supervisor. There is definitely a lot of room for growth and to learn new things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.9K