Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews for Solution Specialist

Solution Specialist131 reviews
Canada131 reviews
fun place to work at, competitive yet collaborative nature of the job. You learn a lot about your department and you make some cool friends! When you know about the product knowledge, job is super easy
Pros
lots of hours, fun
Cons
long hours, can be place of gossip
The thing that make any place a good place to work is the people. From co-workers, to the top level management, everyone at that store made it a safe and collaborative environment
While working at Best buy your management team will always ask you to push for upselling with insurance geek squad products with most purchases that is going to be made, but you would not get rewarded only the management team does.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pushy sales
you can have a lot of activities in this company. the manager will organize lots of fun games from time to time. also, they will give you the medical benefit even you are part-time employee.
It was a great place to work. All staff were helpful and friendly. They were very helpful especially during the learning stages of the job. I can’t say anything bad
Great student or part time job due to very low job security. employees that are promoted are friends or family of management. favouritism runs rampant and egos run high. we do not work on commission but are expected to sell warranties and a certain dollar amount of product per month with no financial incentive / disciplined if goals are not met via less hours but hey the discount is great (Cost + 5%)
Under the management of Mo and YP, I felt confident and also at ease in the workplace. I was able to get all the help I needed in order to become a successful sales associate
Overall I enjoyed the experience with my co-workers but the overall expectancy of the employees felt very pressured to add to sales and persuade the customer to buy additional services.
Good place to start as a part time employee, good discounts, gives you the ability to speak with all kinds of people. Would recommend to whoever .
It’s a stepping stone for your career at best.

Not a long term investment.

You learn a few good things about work life but most get paid less for the effort you make.

You leave with being a shell of yourself personally
I enjoyed
working at best buy with good people however the management was poor. They expected above and beyond performance for minimal pay and no recognition.
Drive those sales and don’t be afraid to ask for pointers on how to make the next sale better then the last it’s very competitive and you must push yourself if you want to stay employed
It is a good place to work in retail. It has a good environment and even it is part-time after 3 months you will have some benefits.
Especially if you like to work in a technology job.
Worked at the Halifax location for over 2 years. Only had one pay raise. Unrealistic expectations for part time employees expected full time hours from part time employees. Even as a student you were expected to be able to work 5 shifts and if you had a problem they talked about maybe having to let you go. They are awful to work for . Coworkers were good discount was good cost plus 10%. Insignia is super marked up!
The management was great and very understanding, they also understood how to get the most out of employees. Sales were a focus, but the main aspect of the job was to provide the best possible customer service, and leave them with a great experience.
The company was cool but the internal issues at my location I worked at was unprofessional. This predicted my patience and enjoyment with the company.
Extremely fun place to be with a lot to learn. Several departments to go into and lots of opportunities to show how diverse your knowledge in technology can be.
i mean if you like electronics and are comfortable selling and working in retail marketplace then its not a bad place to work, it can get a little pushy when it comes to making number but all in all not bad
top company excellent culture like minded people
they take care of employees very professional and giving line management salary an issue as Vancouver is expensive but ample growth chance
Pros
nice employee discounts
Cons
salary
As a former employee of the Best Buy Canada on Pembina, Winnipeg, MB, I feel compelled to provide feedback on the 3+ years I spent working there. First and foremost, it is important to call attention to the behaviour of the floor leads. It was my daily experience to bare witness to the complete lack of professionalism and constant confrontational style of leadership. This behaviour lead to a poor work environment and diminished team morale on a daily basis. Furthermore, the internal politics that played a role in promoting staff, with particular favoritism towards the Indian employees, was completely unfair and meritless. Lastly, I was routinely hounded by my immediate supervisor to sell Geek Squad services to customers without a commission incentive. Floor leads are only nice to you when you sell services, otherwise your service to customers is not amazing. I personally believe that the way floor leads treated me and if I as an employee gave the same ill treatment to customers for not buying the Geek services, they would never come to Best Buy for shopping. It is also my experience that staff will work harder and provide attention to detail if their efforts are properly rewarded, and so it is my opinion that Best Buy Canada should change this policy going forward.
Pros
Other Co-workers
Cons
Clueless management, Favourism, Very stressful work environment
I enjoyed working at Best Buy but always felt anxious working there. They would tell me what I should do, but I felt like they always wanted more. It was confusing. The people there were very nice and welcoming though!