Best Buy Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Meh well we had a T.V.
Computers Sales Asscociate I (Former Employee) –  Elgin, IL23 June 2018
Meh could have been better could have been worse. Strict favortism to some employees. Kinda cliqued up, as in if you're not apart of it you wont go very far.
Best Buy Sales Representative Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MD21 June 2018
Best Buy was a great place to work. I was close with the other associates and I learned a ton about how to be successful in sales. On a daily basis we were pushed to achieve our goals and to maintain the business's values. The hardest part of the job was the constant push to do better, but of course this was always doable, especially over time when I learned how to be a better sales representative and to interact with customers.
Pros
Discounts, College Tuition Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Most Friendly Environment but Never Taken Seriously
Mobile Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA21 June 2018
BestBuy is a wonderful place to work, especially if its your first job or if you've ever had experience in retail.
Everyone is always so friendly and in a great mood which really helps for the long shifts with no steady traffic.
The training is amazing and no matter how 'small' your position may feel, you are given top notch out of town training with paid hotel, travel and food.
The pay is also great for new people in the workplace as they do not start at minimum wage and managers make a killing, even just a department manager.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the 11 years I had at GameStop before entering BestBuy, I would probably still be there. I say that because GameStop was a lot more serious about their goals and BestBuy was a bit too laid back about missing sales and profit plan. So as a previous store manager, it felt odd working under people who either don't care or have the passion for their team's and companies' success.
EXAMPLE: One month, on the 21st, while working in mobile sales, I read on our daily goal sheet that our store was down by $83,000 but our department was down $104,000. That tells me that our department was not only missing sales but we were missing so much sales that we were taking money from other departments to make up for our deficit. I did the math and we would have to have done $15,000 everyday OVER sales just to break even by the end of the month. I wanted to know why this sort of message was written on the bottom of a goal sheet on the 21st of the month instead of being addressed to every associate in the department, weeks before when we
  more... saw the issue begin.
Who knows, maybe I'm too passionate haha but I saw that as very odd and eye opening.
Pros
Wonderful staff, decent pay, great training
Cons
Hard to move up and managers don't take you seriously
Fun Hardworking Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ20 June 2018
I worked here for 10 months and I loved it. They had great starting pay, and they also immersed me in the culture of Best Buy very fast. We also get monthly bonuses if we meet our revenue goals which is very nice to have.
Pros
Conference Vacations, Pay
Cons
NOne
Mediocre Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA18 June 2018
I started off as a seasonal temp. But after 3 months, Best Buy hired me. I worked in the media department. I learned how to do managerial duties, open and close the store and delegate tasks to fellow coworkers. But I was never praised or thanked for my hard work from my time there. Other workers in my department who barely did anything were praised and thanked. I didn't really care if I had praise or not because I was doing my job. But when your supervisor of your department praises someone else for your hard work, it would get to you. Overall, it was a good place to work for the time being. I wouldn't consider working here long term.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Top dos don't care about the little people
Fun Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 June 2018
Team was amazing, learned a lot! Management really cared about you. Always strived to reach goals in the work place. Monthly meetings helped you re group.
Best Buy
Sales, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO12 June 2018
Reinforced sales skills
Provided product training
Working with a variety of customers and workforce, including assisting senior with product issues and technical knowledge
Fun place to work as a new employee
Computing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ9 June 2018
If you are in college or high school, best buy is a wonderful place to work. But it is not a career company unless you are lucky enough to be promoted early and quickly.
A great place to be
Smart home sales (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FL6 June 2018
Best Buy is an amazing company to work for, they train us as needed and when in time of need our company is there. I remember when I started with Best Buy I knew enough to get my self into trouble. I have learned so much and keep learning

The hardest part of my job is sometimes customer's it can be a challenge but its a learning challenge. You always have people questioning what you know or if you know at all, but with the training that is provided for us. we come to take all questing with strides.
Pros
Amazing discounts
Cons
Sometimes you have to trave
fun environment
Mobile Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX5 June 2018
The company is driven by sales there is so much completion here that in a way is fun. You learn new products and are secured to keep on track of every product in the store
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
to much is asked from you and the pay is not great

Want to know more about Best Buy?

Ask a question
Student Job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA5 June 2018
I liked working for best buy. I worked for the company for 3 years while I was in college. I really forced me to be customer driven and build a relationship with customer.
Fun work place, typical retail hours
Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID29 May 2018
Hardest part of the job was getting stuck after hours, also after Christmas as a part time agent there were barely any hours. However I really enjoyed working there, I was able to meet a lot of really fun outgoing individuals and I enjoyed making a difference in my customers lives.
Pros
Fun and exciting, discount is amazing
Cons
Hours
It was a flexible part time job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Parker, CO20 May 2018
This job was a steping stone for me before I started at my current place of work. The flexible schedule and team dynamic are the most memorable characteristics about this job.
Overall a good stepping stone
Computer Department Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC14 May 2018
BestBuy helped me learn and develop skills on how to help customers finding exactly what they are looking for. these skills are important for any future job that you acquire later on in your professional career.
Home theatre sales representative (Former Employee) –  Newington, NH9 May 2018
Staff was awesome to work with. all had similar love for things I did so we could completely geek out on stuff and we would always know what the other was talking about. Everyone was friendly and professional.
Pros
Kind staff, knowledgeable and very inviting
Cons
few hours as part time, Bi-weekly pay
best buy honest opinions
Sales-Representative in the Computer (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LA9 May 2018
It was a pretty good job, i definitely enjoyed working for this company. i learned a lot of different things, i learned a lot about technology and team work.
Didn't really pay attention to it's employees
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA 165098 May 2018
This site that I worked at didn't pay attention to the people that they were employing. They promoted someone to a department they had zero knowledge of instead of the person that had busted for them for years, taking the courses specifically to move up in the store.
Good First Time Job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA8 May 2018
Great first-time job for someone fresh out of HighSchool. would not make a career out of it even the manager spots come and go and the pay vs the time you put in each day is not a good work life balance specially come the holidays
It was an okay experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FL7 May 2018
Working for Best Buy was ok except they really didn't want to give me the drive I need to push my sales. The managers are pretty cool as well. I got along with everyone.
Not career focused
Tablets and Computer Sales, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GA7 May 2018
They claim salespeople do not work on commission but if you are not in top sales you do not get any hours. Sales guidelines based on profit measurement. Always forced to sell high-profit items if a customer needs it or not. Told what to sell and what not to sell. Training says to speak with the customer to determine what they need but in truth they want you to sell them the high-profit item. Training not always the best and is based upon influencing you to push the high-profit items.
Pros
Training and discount perks
Cons
part-time with no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K