Best Buy Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 276 reviews matching the search See all 26,447 reviews
Toxic work environment
Sales Associate/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 October 2019
Toxicity oozes from this store. I could rant for hours on the amount of things management does that's hypocritical or against the Ontario labor board but I'll save us the time. If you do choose to work for any best buy and you work overtime I highly recommend that you make sure you get paid for it. More than one time myself or a coworker had hours mysteriously disappear from one week to only appear the next to avoid the 1.5x pay out. Happens a lot since the Managers do love their bonuses.
i only liked the people who i worked with
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 October 2019
i worked for the company for 4 years and people who worked for less got paid more because management knew i would be too shy to ask for a raise or call them out for it
Pros
free food
Cons
wage
fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2019
Overall a good place to work.
Management was great
salary was to be expected
Hard to move up the ladder I felt. This is because there was definite favouritism with in the company.
great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 September 2019
Good place to work for a part-time job, easy to balance work and university. For the amount of work done on holiday days, the pay is not worth it though. But the benefits are great.
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 September 2019
For anyone who enjoys technology this is a great job! It's great seeing all the new tech that comes out and helping other people learn about some of the tech
Pros
Discounts and people
Cons
Boxing day LOL
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 August 2019
Engaging place to work with friendly and helpful coworkers. Multiple employee benefits including discounts on all mainstream electronics.

Flexible Hours
Inclusive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2019
I worked as a high school student part time, and i always went to work looking forward to seeing my fellow employees and helping customers in need. I always left work with a smile.
Great Place For Students and Amateur Tech Enthusiasts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2019
- Customer service
- Teamwork and team building
- Providing in-depth product knowledge to customers
- Sales Associate
- Receive merchandise
- Enter merchandise into database
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Poor Breaks
fun to work at for a while
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2019
Fun place to work at for a while although management team can sometimes be too strict unessecarily as well as be kinder to certain employees based on who they like more.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC20 August 2019
Best Buy was good for experience and growing knowledge of the industry but lacks a sense of fairness in terms of hours and salary they’re constantly hiring but not giving hours to current associates
Fun and exciting place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON20 August 2019
Very fun to work at with a lot of energy flowing. Always the greatest technology with energetic managers. Managers are very relatable and help you to achieve your goals.
Pros
Worked around your schedule
Cons
salary
Great Coworkers, Bad Job Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2019
I really enjoyed the people I met, from colleagues, to brand reps and even a few managers were really good people. The job had some good perks with good opportunities for raises and promotions.

With that being said, there is really a fake vibe that exudes from the Best Buy job culture. Best Buy comes across as a company that is obsessed with customer satisfaction but is really only concerned with numbers and sales figures. You could give a customer a great experience but are questioned on why they didn't buy an extended warranty or sign up for the $20 a month membership. They are all about wanting "what's best for the customer that fits their needs" but also expects that every customer should be a Geek Squad Member. You really need to drink the Best Buy kool aid to advance and be liked, there's a lot of favoritism from managers for employees who use sneaky sales tactics to bump their numbers up. I was appalled by some of the things I witnessed from other associates lying and deceiving customers just to make that sale with the warranty that would impress their boss. Some of the tactics were really slimy and manipulative and those kinds of actions are rewarded at Best Buy. Honestly, after working for Best Buy I'm not even sure I'd make big purchases from there as a customer. The only reason I stayed for so long is that the pay was good for my particular position as a student.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
only care about numbers and metrics, reward bad behaviour, favouritism
I enjoyed the day to day work experience through Best Buy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2019
Day to day was repetitive and simple, nothing to difficult or easy. I enjoyed the work environment and helping customers also the opportunity to grow and learn new things.
Pros
always learning new things
Cons
Sales pressure
If you want to kiss butt you'll do well
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 August 2019
As a company they brag about being rated one of Canada's top employers, and they love to mention their "no pressure" sales approach. It's all a sham. Many of my co-workers will resort to scare tactics or lies to sell service plans. They're all about gross margin and upselling. Typical corporate, everything is about profit, and management is all about making sure they get their bonuses.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2019
I’ve worked retail my whole career and I will admit it is nice to work for a large company. They train you with the intentions of possible promotions, mind you, with expected relocations. They have great values. They don’t make you feel small and insignificant. For example; I recommended a small change on how to improve a sheet of paper we use with our sales and it was brought all the way up to corporate and they made the change.

Overall good place to work. Fun environment and you learn lots of new tech.
Fun workplace but in need of management
Sales Associate in Mobile Audio (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC25 July 2019
I learned a lot coming from Mcdonald's. I knew going in that it would be a slower paced job. I always wanted results from my team and I got everyone on the same page.
Toxic Environment
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 July 2019
Management created a toxic work environment where gosip and hear say are taken a gospel. I loved the job itself and the customers I helped over the two and a half years I work at the store. I gave my best and it was ruined by a few. Apply at your own risk.
Run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 July 2019
All they want is gopher type people I was hired to sell appliances with decades of experience all they seemed to care about is unloading truck cleaning and watching shop lifters no one there has long term appliance knowledge like myself it’s all kids paid only slightly more than minimum wage with no incentives they only want u to sell warranties not good products no bonuses no spiffs
Pros
Some staff ok
Cons
Poor wage no bonus to many supervisors
Great Starting Job
Mobile Sales Associate / Best Buy Canada (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 July 2019
A good place to work for students looking for part-time work. Great benefits and discounts on a wide range of products.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 July 2019
best buy was a great workplace with great management. it was a easy but at times was stressful. they have great employees that always left the customer satisfied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.6K