Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate332 reviews
Canada332 reviews
Expected to always be moving. I started as a holy child because of my previous sales experience. After a couple of months, it was clear that whether or not you made the most sales, you were not treated any better than those who do nothing.
Pros
Great discount and fun coworkers
Cons
Low pay, no compensation for leading the store in sales. Management only wants their bonus.
I love my job here, but it’s more so about the people I work with that make it such a fun and amazing job!
It can be quite a slow job but during holidays, sales, and busy days it’s very fast paced and keeps you on your toes!
Wonderful benefits and opportunities. Fun to work with constantly new product and tons of training constantly provided! Awesome opportunity to meet product representatives.
Pros
Caring Employer, rare in corporations.
Cons
Long hours standing on feet
Trying to get full time here is like winning the lottery, it'll probably never happen. I found management showed a lot of favoritism towards the immigrant students. What I mean by that is they would get more compliments and "good jobs" than the rest of us.Good luck paying your bills because during their slow season, you'll only get 8 hours a week... How does anyone in their right mind expect someone to live on that??
Pros
Fellow employees were amazing
Cons
Everything else
It is pretty fun and you get to talk to and meet new people everyday and provide a great costumer service. Further, you can be more informed about the latest technology.
Pros
great management
Cons
Sales can be very demanding but it is what you make of it. Can be stressful to keep numbers up but it isn't that hard as long as you put in constant effort.
Great experience, I learned a lot during my time at Best Buy. The team was great, the first GM was excellent but the substitute was simply awful, work became place completely changed
Pros
great employee prices
Cons
Great working environment and supportive managers. Awesome learning and team building activities. Great staff benefits and greater potential to advance in the organization if you are willing to relocate.
Good environment, not a bad place to work.
Setting up merchandise on the sales floor • Promote daily or monthly promotions of different product • Assist customers by proposing solutions to address the needs • Contributing toward the stores daily sale target and goals • Supporting fellow advisors with customer and helping to create a positive work environment through team work
Just any retail job but just with alot of added pressure if you are working in sales. other departments are much easier to handle and learn. Good place to expand your skills
Best Buy has a very established culture and work flow. The training and process is excellent and the culture, aforementioned, is very niche so if you are a tech or gear head it is a nice place to pick up a few friends.
Best Buy Canada is a company to increase sales skills and communication skills. It involves solving problems customer to customer helping them find the device that best fits their needs
Cons
Boxing day, Black friday
I loved working at Best Buy, it’s was the highlight of my works experience. I got along with my managers everyone was friendly and the discount helped, they had fair breaks and paid fairly on experience
This was a very friendly environment! It had very flexible hours, bery nice people, and it was an incredibly easy job to pick and the best part was that they had some fun closing hours.
Managers are always super helpful, company policies and activities suited for taking care of their employees no matter the cost. The hardest part about the job was just the bad customers you would get every once in a while, but my coworkers and managers were always there supporting me and the decisions I made 100%
My department had many responsibilities such as sales, customer service answering phones and helping customers with online orders. We usually had 2 people working in the department but closing shift only had one person which made the job very stressful. other than that best buy had good culture and people.
Also if you are working through the holiday season you will always be overloaded with orders and customers leaving no room for breaks.
The atmosphere, coworkers, management and all around experience is amazing. They are a family that cares for your well being and wants the best for you. The ideal place to start learning how to treat customers and give them the best overall experience.
Management is terrible, one of the managers was having an affair with one of the girl associates.

Benefits are good and depending who you suck up too you can get a better position.
It's not a bad place to work for, if you're up for constant challenges.

PRO:

- You have the opportunity to learn about A LOT via E-Learning.

- Managers are pretty good about training you up to sell, as well as knowing how products work.

- Everyone's pretty chill and gets along.

- Great work parties!

CONS:

- You will be expected to know every product in the ENTIRE STORE! Even if it's not your department.

- If you want to move up to management positions, you have to be part of the "it" crowd.

- You will get harped on for things that are not in your control (i.e. slow days, returns that affect your departments numbers)

Overall, it's alright job. Just don't look into making this a career, there's better out there.
Everyone there was not just coworkers but more like a family. Everyone was willing to help out whenever they could. And management was always understanding of everyone's situations.
Collaborative and fun workplace, management was great also co workers were great. Fast paced work environment, have to be quick thinker to sell warranties.