Best Buy Employee Reviews for Product Specialist

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 26,473 reviews
Feels like family
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 September 2019
I really enjoyed my time with Best Buy. A great work ethic definitely helps with advancement through the company. The culture was always one of fun and inclusion. It really feels like family there. Plenty of ways to keep learning about products and processes.
fun place to work, great community
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2019
Overall, it was a fun experience that exposed me to management logistic and product management in a warehouse setting. Since the work was in the back end of the store managers allowed for a free environment.
Flexible hours and good people
Product Process specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON20 August 2019
Great hours for people with lifestyles that require flexible hours managment helped out a lot with that but some of the guidelines were unnecessary and very few people agreed with them at all but while the corporation itself has problems I think the location I worked at overall had great people working for it.
It's fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2019
It is a fun working environment. You'll learn continuously about technologies and what's new. You will enjoy all the activities and games that the leaders will implement during the special days.
Fun workplace with a friendly and humanistic environment
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2019
A typical day at work starts off with a charge up meeting that ends with a store chant to get the employees feeling ready for the day and energized.

The management is friendly and understanding of employee and customer issues, they are always willing to work to improve the environment with the use of e-voice (employee voice); which allows employees to voice their concerns and suggestions.

The culture is friendly and down to earth, some of the values of the company include stay human and have fun while being the best! this encourages employees to put themselves in place of the customer and not focus so much on selling the most expensive products, as well as creating a more personal environment that feels less like a sale and more like a friendly recommendation.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the busiest days, which include the VIP sales and boxing day. It is difficult making sure we talk to every customer as well as the warehouse is making sure that all the extra product received on the bigger trucks is organized and easy to access.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your coworkers and managers, gaining friends within the work environment and with customers. Best buy is a great place to meet new people and make new friends.
Pros
Rewards for hard work
Cons
hours vary and are not constant
An extremely slow and boring job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 July 2019
Best Buy was a unenjoyable experience for me. The cons of working there highly outweigh the pros. Management is, for the most part, very uncooperative and will, most of the time, leave your questions unanswered, and will often just leave messages on read rather than responding. Although the staff is not on commission, many are still extremely competitive, and will insult you if you don't know certain things. Shifts are also very limited. Unless you are a full-timer, which there are only about four or five in the entire store, you are lucky to get two shifts a week. When I requested more shifts from the managers, I was always given the same response, which was that they were "looking into it". In the warehouse, which is where the product processing team works, the AC is completely broken, so it is always extremely hot or extremely cold. When brought up to management, they were extremely unprofessional, telling me to "deal with it", and that it "wasn't a concern." Favoritism is also very apparent amongst the management and staff. When awards and recognition are given, it is given to the same three or four people, making other staff members feel less important than the three or four favorites. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat/coldness, the pressure put on you by management, and dealing with aggressive co-workers. The most enjoyable for me was finding a very small group of people (three total) who weren't aggressive or rude, and whom I consider to be actual kind people. If you are looking to apply here, most likely for the discount, I urge you to reconsider,  more... as you will not enjoy yourself, and the discount sucks.  less
Pros
Benefits, small discount
Cons
Unprofessional management, terrible hours, aggressive staff
Fair, fun and reasonable place to work for
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alberta31 May 2019
transferred from Ontario to Alberta, the store i was originally from was absolutely amazing to work for cause the people really made the place while i was going through college. The place i work at right now is great but not the same, its more high pace- less interaction.
Pros
free pizza every sunday
Cons
worked closing late shifts and open early 6 am shifts
Good work environment, higher ups can be iffy
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canada9 May 2019
The people I work with in all departments are great across the board. I enjoy almost all aspects of the job so no real complaints there. The only real issue I have is with the higher ups (higher than in store management) and how they micromanage things they have no clue about. Essentially they think they have a great idea that doesn't really make sense with the way the day to day process goes.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Higher ups
A Very fun and rewarding company to work with
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 May 2019
I enjoyed my time with Best Buy. It's a great company to build experience and network with. Work hard for them and they will reward you with excellent opportunities.
Allows people to build their skills
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2019
Best Buy has been ranked in the top 100 jobs in Canada for a reason. The management team is bread to help the associates grow and work hard. This doesn't take away from the fact that they strive to make best buy a fun place to work. Allowing us to act natural and enjoy ourselves on the job rather than being too strict.
Decent place to work
Product Process Specialist (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 April 2019
Very busy and hectic work environment
Management was alright could have been better
Enjoyed the hands on work
Co workers were good
Hours were very limited
Best Buy
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2019
You get there and you see so many people in the store looking for help and I'm the kind of person who likes to help others. I learned how to push sales while making sure you don't sell something your client not looking for. I had opportunity to run my own team for 3 days, and I learned how to keep everyone motivated to be the best version of themselves. Workplace culture was really good, everyone always will to help if you need any. Hardest part of the job was waking up at 6 am every 3 months because of the companies meeting. I had a lot of fun learning new skills while having fun and best buy would organize activities after work hours which was fun for example- Nerf war, barbecue etc and through you get to know your co-workers.
Pros
Lunches every Saturday, employee discounts.
Cons
Not enough hours
It's Ok
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2019
Basically there's a bunch of favoritism, i would assume in any store.
You can't really advance bc for example, i'm a part timer and so is my other co workers, but he gets 5 shifts a week, constantly, and i get 2.
Him and i are basically equal but he gets treated like a full timer
Was a fun job, but was not informed it was Seasonal
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 February 2019
When I was first interviewed and introduced to this position, it was presented as a Full Time job, which is what I was looking for.

I came to find out on my first day, which was at least three months after the interview, that it was Seasonal, completely different and not what I was told during the interview. I remember specifically saying that I did not want a Seasonal position.

Hours were very minimal, which also meant that pay was small, too.

The actual job itself and the environment surrounding it was astounding, I just wish that I wasn't strung along with false information, and then thrown away once the Holiday season was over.
Pros
Very good work environment and great employees
Cons
False information and no chance of advancement
Good working environments but terrible management
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC4 February 2019
The communication between supervisors and their employess is very degrading. Most supervisors don't even care about their own job. Other employees tend to be egotistical and the relationship between sellers and product process is non existent and embarrassing a workplace has people divided in that way.
good business with some people who are full of themselves
Certified product processing specialist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 January 2019
they do not care about you, it's not really terrible but no matter how good a worker you are you are ultimately expendable especially in the first 90 days
good
Product Process Specialist (PPS) (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 January 2019
learned a lot about managing my time, working productively and with 100% success. I Learned how to work better as a team to get stuff done efficiently
Productive work environment, friendly and easy-going staff.
Product Process Specialist (Certified) (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 November 2018
I worked at Best Buy Store 986 for about 4 months before I moved away for University, it was a good experience, and I seriously considered transferring to another location in Edmonton if my course schedule was lighter. However, some of the management is very prejudice towards specific employees/departments.
Pros
Amazing benefit programs/discounts
Cons
Sore feet from steel toes.
Good
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 October 2018
Best buy is a good place to work I learn how to organized place in the store the way vendor could like it to be. Management are away nice and will to teach
Pros
you will learn a lot
Cons
standing
Product Processes Specialist
PRODUCT PROCESS SPECIALIST (PPS) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2018
I have learned about products, safety procedures, time management, team work, team building, and, personal communication with coworkers and customers.
Pros
Excellent employee discounts and benefits
Cons
Working long hours during December/Summer time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.6K