Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews for Product Specialist

The colleagues were supportive and helpful enough. Since was a seasonal employee the workload was comparatively higher. Overall the working environment was well above average
Working with Best Buy has been amazing. Coworkers are nothing short of friendly. The job itself takes some heavy lifting and willingness to learn but awesome once you get the hang of it !
Working for Best Buy was an incredible opportunity for me, made me grow as a person and as an employee which made it easier to grow into the field I wanted to peruse. Best Buy wasn't a job for me it was home. The management staff were always helpful and sin-sear. I learned how to work in a team based setting as well as working alone. I learned delegating skills as I grew within the company. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing what was expected and to do my job happily "having fun while being the best" one of the best values to live by.
Best Buy is an fun place to work. Always pushing you to grow as a person and strengthen your skills. A typical day at work for a Product Process Specialist consist of ensuring shelves are customer ready.
- Very nice place to work. - Co-workers are very friendly and cooperative. - I love this work since i started working at BestBuy. - Whenever i need help from anyone then they always helps me.
Management will lie to you and fire you for there own friends if they dont like you. And will treat bad employees like they are the best because they suck up.
I worked at two different locations in a variety of different positions. In the end my experience was horrible. There is clear favouritism and most managers have a secondary agenda. In the end it was an extremely toxic workplace. The things I have learned about this Company are disgusting, you can get away with anything and everything if you're a favourite of the higher ups. They specifically speak against retaliation in their policy but people do it ALL the time. Harassment claim? Don't expect anything. Sometimes managers will tell you who made the claim!! Fight on store property? If your a favourite you get promoted! Mention your wage? Get fired immediately though, goodness forbid any transparency. There is a great discount, good benefits and some good people, the job is easy if there are no politics involved... too bad there are always politics involved.
Best Buy provides excellent staff training and there are many ways to advance if you are passionate and work smart, not hard! They also allow for flexibility to try out different departments to find the best fit for their staff. My experience at Best Buy was very positive.
Although it's very hard to get an interview due to the number of applicants. After getting the job even though I was seasonal the environment is amazing everyone is very supportive and nice the management is encouraging and positive and they offer the whole nine yards for benefits for full-time employees. Definitely an amazing place to work.
Though it was years ago - I did enjoy working along with such caring/funny people. It helped my re-introduction into the warehouse environment. I valued my time there greatly.
Great people to work with. You get to learn a lot and experience different skills. You get to learn more about electronics. Great benefits and discounts.
It was a good experience when it came to sales and such. I would recommend to students and people who are looking to step their feet into retail. Great environment.
This is a work place that is very fast paced and always full of moving pieces and tasks from working trucks to ensuring planograms and pricing are done there is always something to do and yet you are trained on everything under the sun and then some. Amazing place to work and grow your skills with countless opportunities to advance and be promoted to new positions, as well they have amazing benefits for all level of staff.
Started as seasonal part time, worked my way up to full-time about 6 months later. If it were my first job, it would've been great. For Sales Associates you will definitely feel the stress of metrics. Constantly understaffed. High turnover rate, especially when the young kids head for Uni/College. Management will vary from store to store. My management team definitely had their favourites, and favouritism is universally the #1 issue for BBY Canada when they do their yearly employee satisfaction survey. You will be expected to go beyond your job title, and if you're looking to work your way up the ladder, you will be expected to drink the 'kool-aid' so-to-speak. Benefits Package is awesome, as well as the employee discount and 'EPPs' (Employee Purchase Plans) every so often.
Best place I have worked at to date. Made lots of friends through working with Best Buy and got the opportunity to grow with the company. From working with the company I got the chance to learn new skills that I can use for other jobs.
I worked in the warehouse. A typical day at my work would include jobs like opening boxes and organizing items neatly, down-stocking products on the floor and checking if the price specified is correct.
The company offers great learning tools for you to get started with your activities. They give you the impression you will have a great experience working there (Have fun while being the best). Well, this is true in part, but there are some senior leaders that treat you in a poor manner. The salary paid is minimum (13.85) plus 4% vacation, and there is no way to develop that while you are part-time. It's a great first job and learning experience, but you don`t want to stay there for much more than a year.
This was temp job during their busy season, Product process does the work that no one else wants to do, at 1 point i was working days and nights in the same week. I would start at 8pm finish at 3am, then have to be back the same day at 10am till 5pm. Most of my job was spent working on my own with no direction from Management. I injuring myself on the 2nd last day, ended up in the Hospital that morning when i called to let them know i couldn't make it in and what had happened, their response was "well its good you don't work here anymore" and hung up. Real professional
I worked at Best Buy for almost 4 years of my life. During that time I had made my way up from a part time worker, to full time, to (almost a) senior. I had to move back to my home town due to personal reasons, but the room for growth is amazing, if you work in a big city. Management can or cannot be great. It all depends on the person who the manager is. Personally, Sasaktoon has one of the best managers I have ever met. The benefits package is absolutely amazing. One of the best I’ve ever had. Unfortunately the pay way not exceptionally great, especially for the amount of work product process puts in. All in all, I loved working for Best Buy.
typical day; come to work and sort touts as they are offloaded into the warehouse. I learned alot about Retail and its processes such as product placing and pricing. I had no problem with my supervisor and the hardest part of my job was to learn where each item belongs to on the floor... max results The most enjoyable and important part of my job was working with fantastic associates
I have worked several holiday contracts with Best Buy at different locations and my overall experience has been positive. Best Buy is a fairly enjoyable place to work since they sell interesting products and all the people I have met there are really nice.