Best Buy

Product Specialist137 reviews
Canada137 reviews

Found 137 reviews matching the searchSee all 32,934 reviews

Chill

Pretty easy, just stocked and changed price tags also do online order pick up.Overwhelming at first and a lot to learn but pretty easyChill work environment not too busy and friendly co workers

Good company to work with

Good enjoyable working atmosphere. Had good time over there. Made good friends and experience.Fairly flexible shifts for part-timers / students.Con. - the general manager was too arrogant and biased.

Fun and awesome coworkers but store leader is awful

Definitely an awesome place to meet cool people and what not but the Kitchener Fairview location is run by pretty arrogant and pretentious people that make it pretty cringe. The pay to work in the warehouse is underpaid and unfair for the amount of work people have to do at times.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Bad Hours

Not bad

Worked there during the season. Very busy and stressful sometimes. Co-workers are very supportive. Most of the managers are good but had some unpleasant experiences with some of them.

Pros

Good co-workers.

Cons

Some managers are not good

Great place to work at but not in the Warehouse

The work-life and the people working there are nice. However, if you're working there as a seasonal hire in the warehouse it'll become way tough for your body and mental health.

Pros

Employee discount and management

Cons

Shifts are all over the place

Retail job with decent benefits

the hourly wage is close to minimum wage but the discounts are good. Work is alright, it really depends on the store you work at. They require a lot of multi-tasking and heavy lifting. work culture is decent. Big disconnect between corporate employees and retail employees.

Pros

discounts on a wide range of items

Cons

retail, customers, pay

Used to be a great place to work until new leadership ruined it

Good benefits, poor wageNever enough employees to work due to unwillingness to hire full timersEmployees get abused by customers with little accountabilityNo career advancement and lots of favoritismEven on your days off you could never truly escape the companyNo training at all for new employees

Pros

Great health coverage Awesome colleagues

Cons

Poor wage No training Customer abuse No career advancement

Great working environment with

Relaxed dependable coworkers who helped me learn and get a handle of my duties quickly. I felt very comfortable and content to go work after only a few weeks. I enjoyed interacting with the customers and helping them find what products worked best for their needs. Management was always easy to work with.

Pros

Free food whenever there was a very difficult day, Hub area with Nintendo switch and snack bar - very affordable, Dependable upper management that dealt with matters appropriately and positively

Cons

Hours can be very strenuous, EX: 4am-12pm however management is very willing to swap you to a later shift, If you are not an independent worker it will be difficult to fill time, Very customer oriented have to be energetic for most of the shift

Great Discounts, Horrible Managment

The job itself is a standard retail gig. The issues with this particular location lead back to the current managerial staff in place. During my time at this location I saw many instances of senior level staff either not leading by example or blatantly lying to lower level employees without any repercussions. The General Manager at this location plays favorites and advancement only seems to be reserved for "Chosen" employees.

Pros

Staff Discounts are great.

Cons

Rampant Favoritism

Company is amazing, Newmarket store is toxic trashheap

Amazing company to work for, fair pay, great benifits, when I first started there it felt like a second home. However, with time, the store I worked at had a very toxic management system that made it grade school feeling and def favorites were played.

Pros

Paid fair, company culture is amazing

Cons

Management at the store I worked at were toxic and played favorites, enjoyed gas lighting employees

Fun workplace with fun people!

Very fun environment to work in. Everybody in the branch treats each other like family, cracking jokes and doing stuff that just makes it fun for everyone.A typical day consists of putting items on shelves (and making them look pretty), making sure the tags on the shelf are accurate to the item, take care of online orders and returns, and finally making sure the store and warehouse is clean. Although it sounds uneventful and boring, the people you work with really help you get into the mood.It is a difficult, endurance-testing job if you're working the winter holidays, and truck day during those times are definitely the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that you're working with great people who make the workplace fun!Overall, I enjoyed my time here very much. I would definitely recommend working here.

Horrible management

As a company, this place was great. The Belleville location though was horrible to work at. The management team is honestly a joke. There's a bunch of people there who are terrible at their job or just don't do anything, but face no consequences. If you are a good worker they will push you too far and take advantage of you. Problems never get solved and turn into bigger issues.

Cons

Poor management

Productive and fun workplace

Working for Best Buy was an incredible opportunity for me, made me grow as a person and as an employee which made it easier to grow into the field I wanted to peruse. Best Buy wasn't a job for me it was home. The management staff were always helpful and sin-sear. I learned how to work in a team based setting as well as working alone. I learned delegating skills as I grew within the company. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing what was expected and to do my job happily "having fun while being the best" one of the best values to live by.

Productive and supportive environment

The colleagues were supportive and helpful enough. Since was a seasonal employee the workload was comparatively higher. Overall the working environment was well above average

Fun place to work that challeges you to grow

Best Buy is an fun place to work. Always pushing you to grow as a person and strengthen your skills. A typical day at work for a Product Process Specialist consist of ensuring shelves are customer ready.

Very nice place to work

- Very nice place to work. - Co-workers are very friendly and cooperative. - I love this work since i started working at BestBuy. - Whenever i need help from anyone then they always helps me.

Awful

Management will lie to you and fire you for there own friends if they dont like you. And will treat bad employees like they are the best because they suck up.

Keep to yourself

I worked at two different locations in a variety of different positions. In the end my experience was horrible. There is clear favouritism and most managers have a secondary agenda. In the end it was an extremely toxic workplace. The things I have learned about this Company are disgusting, you can get away with anything and everything if you're a favourite of the higher ups. They specifically speak against retaliation in their policy but people do it ALL the time. Harassment claim? Don't expect anything. Sometimes managers will tell you who made the claim!! Fight on store property? If your a favourite you get promoted! Mention your wage? Get fired immediately though, goodness forbid any transparency. There is a great discount, good benefits and some good people, the job is easy if there are no politics involved... too bad there are always politics involved.

Professional and Fun Environment

Best Buy provides excellent staff training and there are many ways to advance if you are passionate and work smart, not hard! They also allow for flexibility to try out different departments to find the best fit for their staff. My experience at Best Buy was very positive.

Fantastic place to work

Although it's very hard to get an interview due to the number of applicants. After getting the job even though I was seasonal the environment is amazing everyone is very supportive and nice the management is encouraging and positive and they offer the whole nine yards for benefits for full-time employees. Definitely an amazing place to work.

A Good Place to Work / Great staff.

Though it was years ago - I did enjoy working along with such caring/funny people. It helped my re-introduction into the warehouse environment. I valued my time there greatly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement