Best Buy Employee Reviews for Entry Level Insurance Agent

3.5Pay & Benefits
Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 26,811 reviews
Great atmosphere
Counter Inteligence Agent Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 December 2018
This is the first job in a long time where I have been in the public eye and I was nervous about it, my co-workers are extremely helpful and it makes the environment more enjoyable.
Pros
Fun work enviorment.
Cons
Part time
you can learn some stuff
Counter Intelligence Agent Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
I'm not going to trash the company with my review because i dont like that i Will give my experiences with the company though.

1st and foremost you need to realize that this is 100% a retail position, yes you remove viruses and sometimes repair hardware issues however the main focus from the management team is on selling as many TPPs and GSPs as possible. If your part time (90% are ) than your hours will depend on the amount you sell.

Now when there is a hardware issue they prefer that you send it to their warehouse for repairs regardless of whether you know how to repair it or not especially when they are busy. They will want you to focus on restoring the windows/mac images on infected computers as well as selling the service plans.

Management is a mixed bag. There are some good ones and some terrible ones. When i started at bestbuy we had a kind and compassionate manager who was for the employees. He would listen to them, engage in conversations, and was generally a nice person to be around. Before i left however the manager they replaced him with was a cold individual who was only about the profit. If the profit was low you heard about it, if yours sales and numbers were low you got written up. In the time they brought him in to the time i left the store lost all the good employees.

Don't expect to leave the store on your breaks either. I clocked out for a 15 and ran to the store for a drink that wasnt going to bankrupt me and i was laid off for leaving the store.
Pros
some management members and you get to learn new things
Cons
Upper management and a focus on sales