Best Buy Employee Reviews for Computer Technician

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 26,827 reviews
Good Experience
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2019
Good experience. Co-workers were amazing however management could use some work. They place a lot of pressure on selling warranties which can take away the genuine customer experience we so much would like to provide.
Under paid Job
Computer Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 September 2019
've worked here for 2years now and it has been the worst 2 years in my life. They expect way too much from certain individuals and when they go above and beyond they don't even recognize them. Management has SEVERE favoritism and chooses to hire mainly their friends so that they can talk in groups instead of doing actual work. A lot of people get away with things in the store but when someone else does the same thing they get written up which makes NO sense. Do not expect to advance in this company even if you are a stellar worker unless you are best friends with management do not even expect to be noticed for your hard work because you won't. I've been told that for my position they only need a body to fill a spot it doesn't matter who the body belongs to. They don't care about employees at all and only care about sales numbers. If you have other options... DONT WORK HERE!!!
Overall
In-Store Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 August 2019
over all OK , but not fixed hours all the time and sometimes dealing with mad customers but the best time part was gain more knowledge about latest technology.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun, Development based Environment with... Moderate Pay
Computer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Canada3 May 2019
As an regular employee, I have never had so much learning and developing myself. The Managers at some of the stores seem to care way more than the others, and there is some conflict between the Corporate Culture and the local drive.

Many numbers based emails locally with a country wide aim towards not looking at numbers.
Pros
Amazing Benefits package. Amazing Discounts and Employee Purchase Plans.
Cons
As you get Higher up in the company, the pressure to go against the company vision increases.
Perfect for entry level technician
Computer Technician and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON11 March 2019
Working for the Geek Squad at Best Buy was a good learning experience, having had only practical experience prior to the placement. The staff were friendly, management was fair and the culture surrounding the job was typical of any technician type job. Like any technician placement I have had in the past and post to, the best part of the job for me was tackling new computer type issues on a daily basis. There was rarely a dull moment.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Repetitive after a while
Managment and helping me to manage personal issues.
Sales, Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB27 December 2018
The management I experienced at best buy is the best I have ever had. They were very enjoyable to be around while offering great opportunity and rewarding hard work. When dealing with personal medical issues management could not have been more supportive in working towards helping me achieve health in work and my life outside of work.
Pros
Excellent staff and community
Cons
Other locations have been known to have poor work environment socially and psychologically
Job Environment
Geek Squad Computer Technician (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC28 September 2018
Excellent Environment for whom is starting on the sales related position. Fast paced and nice coworkers. Amazing management. Excellent prices for employers.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
low wage
team work
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 August 2018
when we are working geek squad we always working as a team. Because team working is most important . we respect each other and we have an good relationship with our customer .
Great place to start your career
Computer Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 July 2018
Great for students looking to learn about sales and customer service. Management will help you find your interest and career path, build confidence and learn how to read sales reports.
Geek Squad Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2018
Great place to work, Excellent team and lots of opportunities. Especially geek squad. Great work place culture. Time would fly on a typical work day!!
Good place to learn.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2018
My location is a good place to learn so many thing in IT. we usually start at 7:45 and end at 4:15.
the management always asks you to learn more from other colleague.
Enjoyed the busy holiday seasons
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
-Had a great work experience working with busy environment and lot of people to meet and enjoy the reality of customer service.

-Boxing days and Christmas was the busy place to learn.
Pros
Busy and learn lot
Cons
not busy can be boring
stressfull
In-Store Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 November 2017
I worked as tech support . basically all my job was helping customer with some technical issue.it was always busy and I had to deal with some happy and sometime unhappy customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no job scurity
Double-standards and corner cutting from every level of managment
Resident Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
Company's missions statement is to provide the best customer experieince to every client that walks in the door, however they underpay qualified techs on the same level they pay under qualified technicians. Management refuses to spend enough money to ensure that quality standards are being met with something as simple as staffing enough people.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Inconsistent leadership, lack of foresight, no integrity
productiveve place
Computer Technician (geek squad agent) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2017
Amazing place to work and have fun at the same time with committed work culture, a relaxed atmosphere. provide a good sense of security,training and a mix of culture and diversity. ability to thrive and learn capable skills also the flexibility of working in any department you qualified for,
Pros
relaxed working enviroment
Cons
not a very diplomatic management team
Good place to work.
Computer Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
Good times. Good friends. Great place to work. Would definitely go back if asked to. Hard to commute from Airdrie in winter conditions.
Pros
Flexible shifts when required.
Cons
Boxing Day Nightmare
I love working with different kind of people, helping out clients, solving their problems, and finally make them happy.
Computer Technician (Counter Intelligence Agent) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
Its really fun working here, sometimes it feels like challenging but I really like the way everything is so organized here, even your management is so friendly that you can talk with them like they are your friends
Pros
game nights, BBQ's, etc
Striving for awesome customer service and having fun while being the best.
Computer Technician/Computers Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Newmarket3 June 2015
Best Buy is a great place to work, we really care about our customer experience and overall quality as a team together. Management helps greatly with support and will teach you how to be better. Co- workers and environment has been great. Have learned a lot as a tech and sales person, enough to be recognized as one of the top in the district. Overall great work environment and fun to strive to be a better employee.
N/a
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2015
I learn more and more things everyday while being at my job. I like my role in this Job the most, and team leadership and work makes this job interesting and enjoyable.
Good wages, terrible company
Sales Associate, Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
Was promised a steady job with security, started that way until consistent hour cuts and then laid off without cause along with 70% of the other employees so that they could hire cheaper new employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible Company Ethics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K