Best Buy Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 26,886 reviews
Geek Squad
Geek Squad Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2019
Vibrant exposure to customer service and supportive staff. part timers get few hours. perfect for people who are tech savvy and love working close to technology.
Occasional opportunity to try new products such as vr headset
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2019
Every so often when a new product would come out, and we would sometimes get the opportunity to try out the new products. This often was not okay, however, sometimes we were encouraged to try out these new devices. On those particular occasions, it was quite enjoyable.
days work
Connected Solutions Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2019
it was an easy job fun day learnt a lot and expand my knowledge on computers and software this job also it helped me pay my way through university till I graduate
Great Coworkers, Bad Job Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2019
I really enjoyed the people I met, from colleagues, to brand reps and even a few managers were really good people. The job had some good perks with good opportunities for raises and promotions.

With that being said, there is really a fake vibe that exudes from the Best Buy job culture. Best Buy comes across as a company that is obsessed with customer satisfaction but is really only concerned with numbers and sales figures. You could give a customer a great experience but are questioned on why they didn't buy an extended warranty or sign up for the $20 a month membership. They are all about wanting "what's best for the customer that fits their needs" but also expects that every customer should be a Geek Squad Member. You really need to drink the Best Buy kool aid to advance and be liked, there's a lot of favoritism from managers for employees who use sneaky sales tactics to bump their numbers up. I was appalled by some of the things I witnessed from other associates lying and deceiving customers just to make that sale with the warranty that would impress their boss. Some of the tactics were really slimy and manipulative and those kinds of actions are rewarded at Best Buy. Honestly, after working for Best Buy I'm not even sure I'd make big purchases from there as a customer. The only reason I stayed for so long is that the pay was good for my particular position as a student.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
only care about numbers and metrics, reward bad behaviour, favouritism
Great company
Management (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 April 2019
Long shifts, but team was amazing. They were the only reason I worked there as long as i did. Boxing days and big sales days were tough. Hard to start a family with the hours in retail.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2019
Ensuring inventory was all displayed, knowledge of any new products that have been displayed, greeting and assisting customers with products they are interest in.
I learned various products and services throughout the company while assisting in all departments.
Entry level position in mobile industry
Mobile Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2018
Non commission sales, however depending on traffic you will assist other departments. Learned about cellular plans and cellular technology. Team culture is great.
Awesome workplace...
Sales Specialist- Retail (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2018
Awesome place to work upon if you are starting your careers in retail. Management is super helpful and there is a great scope of learning and taking your decisions while working on Sales Floor. I love the customer interactions so used to be one of the top scorers in customer feedback score in the Best Buy Regent, Winnipeg.
Pros
free food, parties
Cons
nothing
Fun work environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2018
Fast-paced work environment with a large number of duties.
Learn the basics of technology.
Management is dependable.
A lot of stress under pressure.
Build a strong close relationship with your teammates.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No consistency within policy
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2018
Orientation was clear and welcoming. Enjoyed meeting new people whether customers or co-workers, friendly environment. Great place to learn new things.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Good
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2018
Its nice to work there when you have good employees and management. Schedules and availability are not so flexible. Best Buy cares alot about their customers and strives to give them an amazing experience
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast paced and demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2018
Although Best Buy is a overall good, stable company. Team leaders and management expect a lot out of employees with hardly anything to return. There is no commission although you are selling the companies products as well as extra insurance. Sometimes managers don't learn your name. But the
Pros
Really good benefits
Cons
No commission
part time student job
Mobile Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 June 2018
best buy is a very good place to work as a student, flexible hours and great management. Due to it being non-commission sales there is a lot less pressure and relationships with coworkers are formed easier.
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 June 2018
Terrible training for new employee.
Co-workers are friendly.
Annyoing customers.
Poor Managment.
Working during the holiday season is nightmare.
Not recommend to anyone.
it was alright, good discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 June 2018
managers keep pushing you and you receive nothing but they do. For whatever you sell whether it be a television, a remote or even batteries, if it makes money they make money
Pros
discounts
Cons
no hours
Boring, Long Days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 May 2018
Even though I was part time, they made me work various 8 hour shifts when I was still in high school. The shifts were boring and they pressured you to sell way too much for the actual traffic coming into the store. I spent most of my days dusting the shelves and ended up quitting after a few months. They also expect you to devote your whole life to Best Buy - telling them 3 and a half weeks in advance and getting 2 managers approval for one day off.
Pros
Good employee/break room, nice managers, nice co-workers, good pay
Cons
long days, boring shifts, unrealistic expectations
Fun Place to Work with Great People
Multi-Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2018
This job gave me a new look on electronic support. These people are not on commission so they genuinely care about the customers and clients. This is not an easy job, as customer relations can be difficult. However, I would definitely return here if given the opportunity. The managers take the time to ask you how you're doing and take the time to get to know you.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
On your feet the whole shift
Extremely busy and pressuring workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2018
You get around minimum wage and it's non commission but the supervisors and managers expect so much from you. My coworkers were fun and you get a discount, apart from that it's not the best place to work. Although, you do get lots of good customer experience because it's super busy and you deal with all types of people at Best Buy.
Great working place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 January 2018
Company provides e-learning ongoing to support employee knowledge of products and service. Manager team is friendly and directs work great. Co-worker are nice and helpful. Love the teamwork.
Pros
Co-worker is nice.
Cons
Salary isn't very competitive.
Nice entry level place to work
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Best Buy is a nice place to work for your first time, especially if you have experience with technology. However, in my experience, you're not really going to get anywhere working there. Not a lot of people get promoted, and often, it was the people least deserving of a promotion, though that may just have been poor management.
Pros
Usually great people and job culture
Cons
Not much in terms of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K