Best Buy Employee Reviews in Whitby, ON

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 26,886 reviews
Very hectic in the winter season
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 September 2019
I'm sure that as long as its not the holiday season, it's not terribly busy, but if it is you're going to do a lot of walking. Don't expect fellow workers to have time to help you.
Amazing workers, costumers, and working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 March 2019
Working at Best Buy was amazing! Getting to know all your coworkers and connecting with the costumers was just the start. Working there you had one job and that’s to be amazing, to make the costumers experience amazing even if there not so fawn of the store before. Making them come back and telling their family and friends about what an amazing experience they had.
Amazing work environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 September 2018
Best Buy was hard to leave, its not everyday you get to show up at your work and have a smile on your face. The work environment is like your at home.
Pros
Great People
Amazing group of employees. Definitely miss working there.
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 July 2018
Working as a co-op student at Best Buy helped me learn and explore new things. I met new employees and developed good responsibilities from them as well. The employees at Best Buy made me feel like I belong with them as a family. They included me in team discussions and accepted me for not only my learning challenges but also my great work. I appreciate the time they took to help me to improve on my skills and abilities in order to be successful moving forward into my future. I became great friends with them and developed new skills that I can now be proud of and utilize within my future jobs/careers. I honestly miss working at Best Buy and being part of the great team of employees. I also miss learning and developing new skills as well as working in the technology environment. Since that field of business is what I am interested in, I definitely enjoyed working there and felt motivated to improve on the skills I currently had. If I was given the opportunity to work at Best Buy again I wouldn't hesitate to take it. I would love to work there again!
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 March 2018
satisfactory work experience, not much job security. One of the benefits was being able to work with many different types of technology. constant learning and educational opportunities available.
It be the best buy
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 September 2017
Loved the place until customers ruined it for me. Other than that, work environment is great depending on who you work with. Day to day work can get tedious.
Amazing place with lifelong friends
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 July 2017
I have been working here for almost 7 years and it has been great. The work environment is always fantastic thanks to the great management. Everyone is very supportive and accomdating to everyone else interests and needs. Great place to work
Best Job Ever
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 April 2017
Best Buy played a fundamental role in developing my essential job market skills. It provided an environment focused on success with the help and engagement of friendly, knowledgeable, and caring management team. I learned to become more assertive and explain the key benefits of products to fit the consumers lifestyle.
Pros
Great Team to work with
Cons
Overly structured/bureaucratic environment
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 April 2016
you get to use your phone while you work & the managers are chill with talking when there are no customers, as long as the store and sections are tidy
Pros
lots of free incentives.. free food/lunches/huge product discounts
Productive, light-hearted atmosphere
Geek Squad, Tech Support/Sales (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 April 2015
It was an excellent opportunity to showcase my acquired LAN/WAN/PC knowledge. The management team was on par with what was expected of them. Provided an excellent staff room, complete with vending machines, coffee makers, tv. And free lunches were sometimes added as incentives to drive sales up.
Sales and customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 March 2015
Good job to be in, gives you the opportunity to develop as an individual. I enjoy meeting and talking to new people, it allows your days to go by faster.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
performance based on sales
good stability
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby,On.12 June 2014
customer service
enjoyable place
how to deal with hard customers
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 March 2014
BestBuy was a wonderful company to work for.
I learned a lot while I was there, and met some wonderful people who taught me, how to do deposits for the bank, supervisor skills, time management as well as how to have fun on a daily basis.
the hardest part of the job was customers some days, other days the customers is what my day worth while, the satisfaction of making somebody happy and finding an answer to their problem was worth the frustration on both the customers and my side.
I enjoyed working with my team mates, we worked hard as well as having fun and making our day fun.
The managment team, was great as well. They gave constructive criticism, as well as told you when you did something great, they stuck by you when you felt something was right.
Pros
weekly contests, fun enviroment.
Cons
some times coverage wasnt great.
Great work atmosphere, excellent staff discount, random hours and difficulty with finding time off was stressful on my home life.
Digital Imaging Senior (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 September 2012
I worked at Best Buy in Whitby, Ontario for almost five years. Over that course of time I started as a Home Theatre sales assossiate whos job was to sell TVs. I was promoted up to Business Professional whos job it was to attend chamber of commerce meetings, sell large scale packages to businesses, and to teach out product knowledge to part-time and full-time associates on the floor. Once this job was moved up to the corporate level at Best Buy, I was then giving the Senior role for the Digital Imaging department. My responsibilities included managing my own department, attending Senior meetings with the GM, preforming bi-monthly employee evaluations, and keeping pace with all the latest technologies and services Best Buy had to offer.

The employees at Best Buy Whitby are fantastic. Friendly, fun, energetic, and really worked together quite nicely. It was a treat to work with those individuals every day.

The management for the most part was excellent as well. I got along with almost every manager Best Buy had in the five years I worked there.

While I was a Digital Imaging Senior my typical work day involved coming in the morning, making sure all our cameras, camcorders and displays were fully functional. Checking the state of the department to ensure all product was put away from the night before and that the department was clean and bright for positive customer perception. I would meet and greet any company reps that would come by. My responsibilities would include matching up my assossiates with our customers and to oversee their interactions to make sure the customer was
  more... recieving the attention they deserved. I would take care of any customer issues, resolving or escalating said issues to management, depending on what they were. I would create pacakge deals for my assossiates sales, while keeping in mind that financial growth must be maintained. I also would trouble shoot a variety of camera and camcorder issues. I would also preform bi-monthly employee preformance evaluations. Throughout all this I would be tracking our daily financial numbers to see what areas we were succeeding in and what areas needed my attention to ensure proper financial growth within the department.

The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain projected financial results on slow days when the customers were not coming in. If I needed to sell four thousand dollars of stock in a day, it was a challenge if I was only seeing three customers looking for point-and-shoot cameras in an eight hour shift. The other issue was the difficulty of finding a way to get time off. Best Buy made this incredibly difficullt and was very stressful to my home life.

The employees were definatly the most enjoyable. A positive work enviroment is important to me, and really made me want to go to work everyday. They are the heart and soul of that company.

As for knowledge, in my five years I've learned so much. A substantial amount of product knowldge from Home Theatres and how they operate to DSLR cameras to Apple Computer Systems and everything in between. I learned how to manage a team and how to communicate comany values, goals, and inititives effectivly to those members. I learned a lot about team work and working within an enviroment that so heavily depends on that team atmosphere. I also learned how to talk to customers and relate to them by finding out what their needs and wants are and to use those to talk to them on a more personal and understanding level. As a customer service representitive I've learned to listen. Most customer service confrontations can be avoided if the sales assossiate just listens to the problem and addresses it directly.
Pros
friendly assossiates, positive work enviroment, great staff discount
Cons
random hours made organizing home life quite difficult.