Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Just any retail job but just with alot of added pressure if you are working in sales. other departments are much easier to handle and learn. Good place to expand your skills
not enough hands on training, sales associates expected to understand all products and their features without any formal training. Management held very high standards of sales quotas.
really enjoyed the team at best buy. marine drive location is very quiet and sometimes can become understaffed during peak holidays. some crazy customers made the job super enjoyable.
Great experience, I learned a lot during my time at Best Buy. The team was great, the first GM was excellent but the substitute was simply awful, work became place completely changed
Pros
great employee prices
Cons
Great working environment and supportive managers. Awesome learning and team building activities. Great staff benefits and greater potential to advance in the organization if you are willing to relocate.
have consistently received praise for my humility and exceptional people skills, as an innovator and I would say “refreshing” ambassador of open communication and a “One Team” philosophy success has come from, placing business and personal values at the centre of all these activation methods. Measurable KPI’s and long term goals having been achieved at each and every gateway, along the roadmap.
I joined as a co-op student at my third year of undergrad. You can learn a lot here and people are very friendly. They understand your situation and care about your development
I love working at best buy, everyday i get to experience new situations. I love mostly being a CEA. greeting people, looking over the store as a guardian angel, exposing or terminating shrink possibilities.
Working at Best Buy was a very fun experience since I was a quiet person before working for that company. Having to work in that environment made me be more open about myself. Most enjoyable part of that job was learning about different types of electronics.
A good and fun organization to work with if your peers are fun-loving and collaborative. Workplace culture is fun and conducive but can be stressful if it has politics.
Best buy was enjoyable to work at especially when you're young and learning new skills. It's great way to grow your customer service skills. Best buy employees ranges from any ages but young at heart environment.
Coworkers are amazing and hours can be good. The customers are not as bad as they're made out to be. However, the store leaders can literally flip the entire culture upside down and ruin it.
Mainly provide advice on devices like laptops and related devices to customers, so there is a great chance for learning customer service through interactions. Might be hard to manage and help multiple customers on holidays and sale days. Senior advisors and staff are very supportive.
Pay was low, but the job is mostly searching for younger people in school rather than those who are older and looking for more pay and benefits to suit their living needs.
top company excellent culture like minded people they take care of employees very professional and giving line management salary an issue as Vancouver is expensive but ample growth chance
Pros
nice employee discounts
Cons
salary
Employers are friendly and helpful. They have a flexible schedule and are always concerned with your welfare. Good place to learn about sales, customer service and products. Great benefits in terms of employee discounts.
For Beginners and students working at best buy good to start , you will get discount on electronic stuff and you will learn lots of things about technology which is good
Its a nice place to work, because you develop many skills, like costumer service, practice your english, because comes people from all over the world. Also you lerarn how to play in a team roll.
I truly enjoyed my experience at Best Buy. It was a challenging culture that rewarded hard work and outstanding performance. I was afforded the opportunity to work in multiple areas and develop a well rounded skill set.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, Product discounts, Fun culture
Cons
Headquarters is located in Minnesota
Great opportunity to delvelop leadership skill. The company's culture revolves around their core values. So values based leadership is what they preach and practise. In the process you become an expert in people management. In my opinion, as a strong leader, one of the core skill set that everyone must have is an ability to influence others in a positive way. I felt, i had opportunities to learn and practise the same throughout the time i spent in Best Buy. When majority of the people around you feel the same, the learning you share from each other is exponential. Thats a skill, thats hardly explained in a resume.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Sometimes long hours and performance needs
It is a fun working environment. You'll learn continuously about technologies and what's new. You will enjoy all the activities and games that the leaders will implement during the special days.