Best Buy Employee Reviews in Richmond Hill, ON

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 26,850 reviews
great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 September 2019
Good place to work for a part-time job, easy to balance work and university. For the amount of work done on holiday days, the pay is not worth it though. But the benefits are great.
awful toxic work environment, management horrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 July 2019
they dont give you commission yet they expect you to sell as if youre making anything over 14 an hour. The management is toxic and its a lot of pressure on you for how much youre getting paid. Forget it dont work here
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, toxic work culture, management disorganized and immature
fast paced and enjoyable work environmet
Customer Service/ Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 July 2019
Was able to learn many new skills and product/ service development through the duration of my employment with this company. Job rotation training skills and continual educational workshops were offered and completed.
Pros
management
Cons
down sizing
Such a professional place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 April 2019
Developed my skill at representing and built my confidence by putting myself in challenging situations. Workplace culture is pretty friendly but professional.
good working environment
Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 February 2019
very friendly staff
learned a lot about computers
management is good
lots of room to move positions in the store
quarterly meetings you get free food during them
staff always trying to make work fun by hosting game nights every once in a while
Fun environment friendly colleagues
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 June 2018
Never to busy always fun and enthusiastic colleagues. Learned a lot of tech and what different brands do differently. hardest part of the job must be boxing day but its one day and worth it
Productive and very dynamic work environment. Excellent coaching & training support
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 April 2018
Very dynamic work environment. Excellent coaching and training support system. Management team is very supportive and helps in lot of training and coaching of the team.
Pros
Coaching and training
Cons
extended work hours
Very unstable, depending on their mood.
PRODUCT PROCESS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 March 2018
Worked for the company for over 6 years. Years ago the culture of the company was very different now the sales team gets a lot of pressure, the managers are from other companies and often very inexperienced. In the many companies that I have worked for this one had the most turn over. Depending on the store you land on the story might be different but at the end the ethics are now the same, get a long with the managers no matter how hard or how bad you work. Their way to deal with "bad" employees is one - Gather paper work to get them out of here- Other companies will work on addressing internal issues and work with them.
Pros
Okay benefits
Love their core values! Especially "Have fun while being the best!"
LEAD MOBILE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 April 2017
Honestly, working at Best Buy was a blast! I had fun while working! I gained a lot of customer service experience as I grew in this company. Aside from the work we do, we set aside hours for our team to get together and do activities. We raise money for some campaigns. Best Buy always worked as a team. Loved to see new faces and talk to people every day!
Pros
Treated the employees like family. Was amazing! Loved working in that environment.
Cons
Sometimes long hours with less employees were a disaster, No breaks that depended on the amount of sick calls we get each day.
fun, exciting
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 September 2016
new challenges to face on a daily basis. surrounded by interesting technology and great opportunity to convey information you are personally interested in to clients.
Working with tech and people
Counter Intelligence Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 August 2016
helping people with their computer related issues. many different challenges with multiple solutions. you get what you pay for and best buy will deliver.
Good work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 July 2016
Good and productive so much things to learn in best buy staff are good polite and helpful and is a good environment to learn, adapt to the situations and learn customer service.
productive, fast paced environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 June 2016
overall good place to work, really nice people, helpful and taught me a lot but little to no hours. working with Best Buy was a good experience.
Pros
10 percent off store merch
Cons
little to no hours
Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
Worked with Future Shop for 10 years
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 March 2016
Good company. Learned a lot. Made me successful for my next career. Good atmosphere. Really Challenging. And the pay was more than fair.
Great Sales Experience
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 December 2015
The job was fun for employees. But you could also see the structural problems of management and the way the company operated from the ground floor employee level. From the sales floor, you could see redundancies and customer behaviour that made you question how the company was making money sometimes. And this eventually led to the falling of Future Shop (similar model).
Product process specialist( media position )
product process specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill high tech9 September 2015
Really o.k when your in co-op than possible chance ,I recently became a part time , but I`m still doing the same positions in co-op ( movies , down stocking , putting prices tags and pricing movies). Really I feel that the manager is really making an excuse for to fire me! but really I manage to do my best coping this part time and looking for new job part time job in future. Surly that the manager would be happy but really good discounts, dental benefits , like insurance. Even as student (full time and taking part time continue education in post secondary school). But maybe there might be possible that I might become a full part time product process position, or I might just find another before the manager take me out of the job.
Pros
really comfortable environment, good discounts, general manager is great and great supervisor
Cons
low days, lack of hours or no days at all and no promotions
Great working atmosphere
Product Processing Specialist (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 January 2015
Co-workers are great and you learn a lot. Management shown great leadership. The department that I am a part of includes Loss Prevention which has a lot of responsibilities as well as being stressful at times.
fun place to work and learning new things
Senior Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 November 2014
Working for Geek Squad is a lot of fun and has a lot of challenges, everyday I get to help people who has difficulty using technology. My team is very talented and I have shared and learned ideas with them.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Working on holidays and every weekend
Fun Workplace
Head Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 February 2014
Through out my almost 8 years at Best Buy, I have learned to have fun while being the best along with being patient. I have also improved in staying organized and being a multitasker!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K