Best Buy Employee Reviews in Red Deer, AB

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 26,886 reviews
A fun place to work for with great co-workers
Product Process Full-Time / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 May 2019
Enjoyed my time at Best Buy. It can, and usually was, a great place to meet new friends and work hard. I worked in merchandising for several years and was rewarded several times for my hard work.
Productive and fun work place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 April 2019
Everyone at best buy is welcoming, understanding and friendly, when I had a question about anything they were quick to help me. I learned many things while working here and never had a bad day, definitely recommend working here.
Very professional and fun work place
Custumor Service representative/Sale Asssociate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 October 2018
my job was a customer service representative i do returns and exchanges to customers , i help with sales and in other departements if they need me and if its really slow then i will be cleaning and organizing
very healthy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 October 2018
i liked working at best buy because of all the cool stuff im dealing with and the great customers.
i liked the management a lot ,they were very considerate and passionate
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Great Place To Work
Connected Solution Sales Representative FT (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 August 2018
After a few years away from this job I think of what a great place it was to work in! The work it self was enjoyable helping clients was always the best part! of course if you were trying to help everyone you always got the odd one that would complain and make you look bad but for the most part the clients were pleasant and open to hear what you had to offer.
Pros
Great atmosphere, discounts, flexibility to help in your way, independence
Cons
untruthful clients (sometimes), understaffed sometimes
Fun and diverse work environment.
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 May 2018
Management and Staff are both friendly and encourage growth both within the company and personal. I learned a great deal about technology and installation in my 4 years of work. Everyday is a new challenge to learn and overcome.
Decent workplace
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 April 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at this store. Manager is business-oriented yet understands that the employee experience is a high priority. Most management staff were good to work with and easy to relate to. Despite turnover, co-workers were great to work with and made the experience much more enjoyable.
Pros
Great relationships with co-workers; prospects to diversify within business is good
was a good part time job
Cashier/sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 February 2018
was a good part time job overall, but you are not promised hours, and they over staff a ton. resulting in less hours for everyone else. i enjoyed my time there but since i left it has gotten worse
Pros
discount on products
Cons
the hours suck
Manager/Geek Squad
Home Theater Installer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 June 2017
Worked for 7 years for this company, from sales to management to Geek Squad. Management position was a nightmare, Geek squad was the most fun you can have while still doing work. Great place to learn about retail.
Great Atmosphere
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2017
Strong and well organized team that made a common sales goal, that was achieved through cooperation and fantastic communication, was fantastic to help everyday people with questions that were confusing to them, only to answer them with simple everyday terms
productive workplace
Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 March 2017
I help build the red deer best buy and it was a great place to work i was in charge of the media part and loved working there and seeing all the new games and moives.
Pros
people lunch
Cons
long ours
Fun experience
Seasonal Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
I was given the chance to try my hand at video game retail sales when I landed a seasonal job at Best Buy as a Gaming Specialist. It was such a fun job, great people to work with, great managers, wish I could've gotten a part time or full time position.
I just didn't enjoy it
Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 March 2017
Personally, the job wasn't for me. It was boring work, making me clean everything literally ten times per shift if it wasn't busy. I didn't have ideal hours and they were not flexible with them at all. I also was aware after 3 months of working there, they were over staffed and to be honest, I never felt like my job was secure.

One day I wanted to go see my grand father and they refused to give me the time off. The sad par was that would have been the last time I saw him. He died a week later and I am a high school student so it's not like I could leave.

The worst part about the whole experience is I worked there for 8 months an they never TRAINED me. They even trained those who were hired after me so when the economy crashed I was the most logical lay-off.

I believe this is the second worst job I ever had,
Great job
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
As soon as I got in I went straight to the warehouse to get up to speed with what needed to be done and started work right away. I learned how to receive and ship trucks. The management at the highest level was really good, but for the lower management such as the supervisors it seemed lackluster. Not very good coordination with team. Co-workers were great people had a lot of fun working with them. The hardest part of the job was during truck shipment days, very busy and hectic in the warehouse, needed to work fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Price reduction on alot of in-store purchases.
Cons
Very early starting shifts for my position (4am)
Overall good sales environment with relatively low pressure
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 August 2016
Coworkers are definitely the best thing about Best Buy, and management has been great with the exception of a few unnamed individuals. Overall, my social skills have improved greatly, and the only really challenging thing about it is learning the selling points for the vast selection of items.
Pros
cost +5% on all items
Cons
some higher up management are less than leaderly
Fun work enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 May 2016
Fun place to work. Great place to learn workplace skills and someone starting out in the work force. Teaches you lots of skills that you need in life and need in the workforce.
Fun Workplace
Customer service attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 April 2016
It's a fun workplace, specially since I love technology. I learned how to be patient.

The routine is, we open the store, have a little meeting about the some quota for the day and then each department are left to work.

The hardest part of the job is when customers just refuse to listen even if said thing is the best thing we can do.

I enjoyed being on top of the current tech.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude Customers
Good working environment except for sales pressure
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 February 2015
Overall I've enjoyed working for Best Buy. Great management, and fun staff, however one thing I will say that drove me up the wall was the constant pressure to sell not only product but geek squad services and protection plans. Sales associates are asked to be "sharks on the floor" as if we are on commission... This was especially annoying during the Christmas season. I'm a college student and I need money of course, and for the amount of work expected for the same hourly wage as a mall kiosk, I'd say a person is better off working at a small store than at Best Buy. The discounts are pretty wicked though.
Pros
Good management, fun staff, great discount
Cons
Sales pressure, no commission or bonuses
Ok
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 October 2014
glad for the opportunity, not very friendly people. have their own groups
productive
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 December 2013
great place to work, I was in charge of Setting up new pangrams Organizing the warehouse
Providing customer service
Big Joe operation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K