Best Buy Employee Reviews in Brantford, ON

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 26,867 reviews
An extremely slow and boring job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 July 2019
Best Buy was a unenjoyable experience for me. The cons of working there highly outweigh the pros. Management is, for the most part, very uncooperative and will, most of the time, leave your questions unanswered, and will often just leave messages on read rather than responding. Although the staff is not on commission, many are still extremely competitive, and will insult you if you don't know certain things. Shifts are also very limited. Unless you are a full-timer, which there are only about four or five in the entire store, you are lucky to get two shifts a week. When I requested more shifts from the managers, I was always given the same response, which was that they were "looking into it". In the warehouse, which is where the product processing team works, the AC is completely broken, so it is always extremely hot or extremely cold. When brought up to management, they were extremely unprofessional, telling me to "deal with it", and that it "wasn't a concern." Favoritism is also very apparent amongst the management and staff. When awards and recognition are given, it is given to the same three or four people, making other staff members feel less important than the three or four favorites. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat/coldness, the pressure put on you by management, and dealing with aggressive co-workers. The most enjoyable for me was finding a very small group of people (three total) who weren't aggressive or rude, and whom I consider to be actual kind people. If you are looking to apply here, most likely for the discount, I urge you to reconsider,  more... as you will not enjoy yourself, and the discount sucks.  less
Pros
Benefits, small discount
Cons
Unprofessional management, terrible hours, aggressive staff
Interactive workplace engaging with customers and demos
Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 July 2018
Bestbuy is a lively place when customers are shopping but without customers it's dead. SMH this needs to be reviewed idk what else to say I left in 5 months for another better paying job.
overall experience of the best buy family
Merchandiser / Invetory Control (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 March 2017
lots of great people to work with a typical day is upbeat and happy
learned a lot of back end stuff with the company
management was always there to help if needed
such a great workplace culture so many different people to meet and learn from as well
hardest part of the job is making sure all customers are well taken care of
most enjoyable part was a morning game to help boost our brains and know certain things about that particular day ie: whats on sale,
whats new with best buy in general
Pros
bbq days
Cons
short staff sometimes long hours
productive, and great environment to work in
Connected Solutions Specialist (Employee Position) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 February 2017
I've learned great customer service skills and sales skills, improving my skills progressively as I work there. A typical day will be restocking shelfs with units, putting some devices on demo displays, consulting customers with products and recommending services that will benefit them. As well as cleaning the tills and display areas when the store is closing. The management is fantastic, as they listen to my recommendations and concerns I might have. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't much customer traffic through the store and meeting the sales goals we want to reach. The most enjoyable part of working at Best Buy is everything, the staff is amazing, there is great customer experience and much to learn on and off the job.
Productive and fun work environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 November 2016
Even though my work experience was short at best buy, I enjoyed working in the department I was in. The co-workers were all very easy going and I had a great time working there.
Amazing workplace culture and team building organization. Strives Sales Experts to step outside their boundaries and improve interpersonal skills.
Sales Expert (Home Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 September 2016
BestBuy gives employees a vast amount of opportunities to understand the linguistics and skills needed in order to be a successful salesman, while at the same time promoting quality service to consumers. Managing staff are often competent and helpful with sales and product knowledge and can offer some great advice to improve productivity. The cultural atmosphere is welcoming but can seem challenging at first due to a results oriented nature of the departments, but once a employee gets used to the products and process, sales becomes less challenging.
Pros
Great working atmosphere, product discounts, technology knowledge to help products used at home.
Cons
Retail Hours, Weekend Shifts, Overflow of Consumers on holidays or events
Fun to work at
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 May 2016
Aot to do in a shift cool technology Great staff and a great company! Sad to have only been contracted Seasonal and hope to work with them again!
Amazing place to work! Great team and atmosphere
Customer Service Rep and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 September 2015
- increased customer service skills
- sales experience
- amazing team; fun and easy to work with
- fast pace
- being able to help customers
Pros
great team
Cons
not enough hours; all the time