Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Canada3,047 reviews

Found 3,047 reviews matching the searchSee all 34,537 reviews
bestbuygeeksalediscountsquadcanadaelectronicsproduct

Encouraging management. I always felt at home whenever I walked into that building. Work was fun, always something new to learn.

Featured review

Best Buy selected this as a representative review
They’re very accepting and have a diverse work crew which is nice to see. I was never looked down upon for my tattoos, piercings, dyed hair. Extremely encouraging staff. I was always acknowledged for my work ethic and achievements. 10/10 would recommend.

Pros

Great benefits, great opportunity to room to move up, friendly staff, amazing environment.

Cons

N/a

get to do commission work without paying commission

They just care about the attachment and warranty to be sold with the products. If you dont sell those then you would fired in a month or so. Basically you are doing commission work without commission.They will make you feel part of the team but it is not what is seems. Some people at work are nice and helping and some are worst people to work with. I am not against everyone but be careful if you get job their specially as a seasonal, They may terminate you any time by saying budget cuts.

Pros

Good place to work for few short months during christmas period

Cons

Less hours and to much focus on selling warranty.

Low pay bad hours and bad management

its a low paying job that expects high effort with management that's down your throat at all times. There is little to know room for advancement people working there 5 years are making the same as new hires.

Relaxed Enviroment

the environment was very relaxed, and the guys I worked with were great. the pay was alright for a retail job. although people were let go frequently.

Pros

pay, environment

Cons

job security

Awful place, awful management, awful training system

I do not recommend working for this company to anyone! The really bad and unorganized management system in this company makes it one of the worst places to work.

Pros

You may make some friendships.

Cons

too stressful, unorganized, no proper training SYSTEM, one of the worst MANAGEMENT systems ever

Very

Good thirty goodness to have been able with my work and the plan to be in a good mood and when we will start working with a lot of things it’s been a long day for all the kids to do it all this year and I am not looking 👀 to help me

Fun Workplace

I love the ethos of Best Buy, working here set me up for success. I would have loved to stay with the company, however my personal life would not allow that. The company pays competitively, has tons of room for growth and really cares about their employees in the head office.

Pros

Cool head office building, competitive pay, and growth opportunities

Cons

Non-remote as of 2018 may have changed recently though

Great people, minimal work-life balance

This was one of my first jobs and I was very disappointed when my seasonal term ended. Management was absolutely amazing and super accommodating when I started dealing with sudden health issues while at work. I honestly only had 2 problems while working there. 1) Less than a week's notice about my boxing day hours being extended (not my choice) and 2) being scheduled every single day of my availability including weekends which left me with no time to complete schoolwork.Overall I was very happy to have worked there. The work was fulfilling, coworkers were friendly, and the atmosphere was very laid back.

HHead office doesn't really care about the functionality of the location and ask things of you that are good on paper but in reality don't work.

Complaints about management get brushed off by HR.If you aren't one of the people who bring in the money for the company your opinion means very little. The sales people are untouchable if they do something wrong.

Cons

When visiting other location i was only allowed half a break compared to others

Long hours, no commission

Lots of pushing sales on services that feels scammy. No incentives or recognition for good sales numbers. Overall easy entry job but not long term solution.

Great place to work recommend it to anyone.

Work, life schedule is good. Pay is good an around the holidays u make extra money.Great management to help you learn and move forward. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a job outta school.

Bestbuy

It's BestBuy, once you been there for over a year you'll understand this review. Honestly after awhile you'll begin to question the overall management and co-workers. They act like they care about you, but in-reality they don't, you're an umber. A replaceable number at that.

Not horrible

Only issue is the micro managing done by management. Some managers are great, done power trip. It is an ok place to work to start out. Pay is low compared to competitors

Great place to work once you know everything

Customers are either entitled, clueless, creepy, irate, verbally abusive, or, all of the above. Best Buy training. It is always important to train your staff rather than handing them off to a one team member that is not comfortable training you on anything other than how to scan a product. It is really embarrassing to constantly send customers back to a long line because no one knows how to train new employees. That being said you will have a team that supports you and help you when you ask for help (you will be asking for help often!)

Pros

Your part of a team

Cons

Entitled customers/Karen/Kevin/old creeps

Unhappy

Salary is minimum with no commissions Hope i find good job i will never be coming again. However, the staff and team mates are very responsible and respectful. Im just here because of the environment.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Low wage

Fast Pace work environment

It is a fast pace environment. There are many deadlines and it could be stressful. There aren't work like balance. Most people work very hard in order to meet the company target.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

High stress.

highly productive and work friendly environment

daily meetings to discuss on the backlog issues and planning for the rest of the day.fun filled and energy driven individuals focussed on achieving the team goals

Productive and fun place to work

It was an enjoyable experience, but the pay was pretty low. I'd say it's a good job if you're new to the country or need something with extreme flexibility

Fun workplace

Great place for your first job, fun work environment and the employees are really friendly. They are just to pushy with the metrics and you don't have any commission

Great staff members and management

It is a pleasant place to work. Management is great and make your day enjoyable. Most customers are easy enough to work with. I have nothing but good things to say.

Pros

Great experience

Decent job

Nice people to work with, good energy. However, they do not put enough effort to keep employees trained and up to date with how to do their job effectively. M

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement