Best Buy
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 2,683 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,630 reviews

Easy warehouse job

The job is straight forward. Easy to perform. It’s not fast paced like other warehouse jobs. I would prefer if this is your first job. Manager r chill

Pros

Free lunch sometime

Cons

Pay

Feels like rock bottom

The managers and supervisors don't educate you about 99% of the products you sell so it just feels like you are walking around blindly here disappointing customers with your lack of product knowledge. The hours are long and often stressful, and you are expected to be a guru of product knowledge and deal with bs customers for absolute minimum wage. The breaks are short and most often late (and unpaid) because you aren't allowed to go on break until you are done helping the current customer.. and the worst part is that when you are walking towards the break room, ANOTHER CUSTOMER STOPS YOU AND ASKS YOU ABOUT A PRODUCT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Long hours, Minimum wage, Absolutely everything

Overall good environment

The people were nice, cooperative, and easily approachable. I learnt a lot on electronics, specifically about TV's. The hardest part about working at BestBuy is the fast pace that occurs at times. However, the fast pace customers does get easy with time. A good part time job for teens and young adults going to school.

Pros

discounted items

Cons

fast paced

Unprofessional boring illiterate and spoiled management

Hindi Punjabi speaking associates and managers.Kissass culture. That’s how they promote people.If you are college or university educated don’t waste your time in this embarrassing place.

Pros

Spoon feeding type of jobs

Cons

Deal with stupid leaders embarrassingly unprofessional and no knowledge of subject

Company is amazing, Newmarket store is toxic trashheap

Amazing company to work for, fair pay, great benifits, when I first started there it felt like a second home. However, with time, the store I worked at had a very toxic management system that made it grade school feeling and def favorites were played.

Pros

Paid fair, company culture is amazing

Cons

Management at the store I worked at were toxic and played favorites, enjoyed gas lighting employees

Great environment to work at

I would work there again if I could. The staff and co workers are amazing helpers , there’s defiantly a lot to learn from working at Best Buy, you will love working there.

Profuctive and fun workplace

Very open and honest people and very easygoing way of doing things they have great communication skills and try their best to make your move into their group quite warm

Great workplace good people

Like all retail work it's not always the best work you will ever do in your career. That being said the team at the Moncton Best Buy location were great. They know what they are doing, have cultivated a great work atmosphere and if you apply yourself there will always be chances for advancement.

Pros

Staff discount

Good people with less pay

Quite disappointing. Pay is very less; employees are nice, easy job with zero growth. Even if your productivity is 100% they wanna push more for $15 an hour.

Pros

Good employees

Cons

Poor management

A lot of work with no reward

I was hired as a seasonal then was kept as a permanent part-time employee, it was my first real job and at first it was really fun as at the store I was located in, had a lot of fun people my age. With time you start to notice how unfairly the management set expectations, and how you receive no benefits from working hard. They give a hard time to everyone unless you’re the managers favourites, which is far from determined by how hard you work. You’ll only receive a tiny increase of pay if they like you, otherwise you’ll be working for 5 years and only get a dollar increased wage. At my location, there were only two fair managers who treated you as a person, and in return they both ended up being let go because of that. They will only keep you if you help them get high numbers, and help them hit their targets, unless of course you are their favourites, then you don’t have to work nearly as hard. I, as well as others had to have a specific open availability, while one of the coworkers was able to work just once a week for a 4 hour shift consecutively, again favouritism. Was constantly pressed on getting high sales with attachments such as warranties which were never rewarded with anything. Should definitely be paid more with how much work is demanded. The overall experience would’ve been great, if it weren’t with the constant pressure and unfairness within the management, and company itself.

Pros

Discount, some friendly staff.

Cons

Terrible pay, unfair managers, etc

Jobs at Best Buy

See more jobs

Part time job

I worked here for a few months during the holiday period. Very busy and hectic. Management is busy doing their own thing to be helpful. Everyone else is either new or think too highly of themselves to help new hires.

Fun place, good company culture, I like my team

It is a good place to work, can learn a lot of things, improve sales skills, customer service skills. The managers are all helpful and patient! I feel happy for my work.

Disorganized with pressure sales and no work/life balance

The first red flag was being asked to be in a group chat that wasn't about covering shifts or growing relationships - but to provide training information and cover topics that employees should be paid to review. I was also asked to do some of my very unhelpful training material at home, unpaid. When I asked why I was told "it will save time."There is little to no respect of work/life balance, you will be expected to perform pressure sales, and the training was incredibly unorganized.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

pressure sales, unorganized, unfriendly

Fun, stress-free place to work

Working here is a fun, stress-free and learning experience. Great colleagues, jovial and casual atmosphere, and you enjoy customer interactions. You also get to learn about the new tech in the industry and some cool employee discounts. Focus is on employee behaviors rather than outcomes. The flexibility of time is also another great aspect, and management generally speaking is accommodating. The company in general takes care of it's employees very well and the culture is great.Here's the downside - the pay. Don't expect to get paid well unless you are at a high position - Sales Lead and above. Considering the work you put in and the skills you bring to the table, there really are other type of jobs that will pay you better. Growth isn't very easy either - the culture is to help people grow, but that can depend on whether you are in the good books of your superiors.However, it's full marks for company culture and work atmosphere.

Pros

Flexible schedule, Great colleagues, Fun atmosphere

Cons

Pay, Growth will take time

Incredible work experience with excellent management

The Best Buy I worked at in Dartmouth Nova Scotia was incredible. The time I spent there was some of the best years of my life. Management is excellent and they are always on your side. Clientele can be a challenge sometimes but that would come with any retail job. If you want to work there I would recommend it.

Pros

Management, coworkers, workplace culture

Cons

Clientele and overly numbers focused

Decent place to work, easy job in a hard setting, low wage

Do not need much to join the In-Home Field Agents team, the most important requirement is a G-class driver's license, being able to carry loads up to 50 lbs., willing to learn, being decent to people, and be able to drive 3 - 6 hours a day. The work mostly consists of mounting and installation of TVs, smart home devices, and if you are good with computers some computer troubleshooting and networking. Initially, do not need to know anything, there are training sessions as well as on-site training. The starting wage is something between 14.5 up to 16.5, and will not go up that much other than on very special circumstances. On the other hand, the benefits are actually good, CPP match, employee discount, health and dental, RRSP, etc. The shift usually starts before the store opens and it ends before the store closes, overtime is not unusual due to the nature of the work, you will end up with a lot of nights coming back after the store is fully closed and even managers are home. Working on weekends and holidays is not mandatory, but management expects it like any other job in retail, you should consider working at least one day at weekends.Company culture on paper is great but in practice, a lot is being missed. Managers are a little indifferent about people's performance, more effort and dedication do not necessarily mean faster promotion or better pay, and most of the time not even a thank you, on the other hand, they are also as careless with discipline as well, people who are slacking off are not facing proper consequences, which might be attractive to certain applicants. -

Was good till new store leader

Was a good place to work until the new store leader started there. He is all about himself and does not care about the customers. only cares about winning the district totals everyday. Pushes customers till they say yes and stand over you as you do your sales and takes over the sales and offers discounts instead of trying to sell. The rest of the Management team is good.

Horrible place to work

The job itself was ridiculously easy but the work atmosphere was terrible and management was insufferable. No job security and was lured in with false promises.

Fast paced and fun

Best Buy was one of my favorite places to work. Although it was stressful because you had quota to meet and dealing with busy enviroment, it taught me a lot of skills to take with me for future jobs. The only thing is that staff is super friendly but sometimes competative. And management does add pressure only cause they want you to succeed

Pros

Great staff and all

Cons

Fast paced and too much pressure

Disrespectful manager

Let’s just say the managers feel they can talk to their employees any way. Very disrespectful and they clearly pick favourites at a workplace where’s your supposed to be unbiased.

Productive and fun place to work

Best Buy is by far the best place I have ever worked. I definitely would not mind retiring and working here, however I cannot afford to work here and live off minimum wage. This job as amazing perks such as their employee discount, they engage their employees with activities such as murder mystery night and game nights and are very inclusive and welcoming

Pros

free lunches, breaks when needed, inclusvie, supportive

Cons

short breaks, stressful customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10.3K