Best Buy Employee Reviews

Good
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2018
Its nice to work there when you have good employees and management. Schedules and availability are not so flexible. Best Buy cares alot about their customers and strives to give them an amazing experience
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and nice workplace & culture overall.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 August 2018
productive and nice work workplace overall. good staff and worked good hours there. culture is good and friendly and the age group ranges. most enjoyable part of the job is the discounts on merchandise if the items being sold are in your interest.
Pros
discounts on items
Great perks
Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 August 2018
It's becoming a sweatshop again.
The management is taking advantage of Agile to overload cheap software developers and IT folks.

Only the Yes Men survive.
Pros
Discounts on products, a fairly good restaurant at the HQ.
Cons
It seems that there is a strategy to keep only the Yes Men.
Great management great staff!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2018
The hardest part about leaving was definitely the great management. They go above and beyond to make other happy! Pay is decent, it goes up over time as long as you meet targets.
Great Place To Work
Connected Solution Sales Representative FT (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 August 2018
After a few years away from this job I think of what a great place it was to work in! The work it self was enjoyable helping clients was always the best part! of course if you were trying to help everyone you always got the odd one that would complain and make you look bad but for the most part the clients were pleasant and open to hear what you had to offer.
Pros
Great atmosphere, discounts, flexibility to help in your way, independence
Cons
untruthful clients (sometimes), understaffed sometimes
Multi-Department Trained Associate (Current Employee) –  St. James, MB14 August 2018
Best buy is a great place to work at as it helps you challenge yourself to bring out your best potential and skills. Skills that can be used within and outside of the store.
Fun and Exciting work place
Connected Solutions Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2018
Great co workers fun work environment, great management and training. Made my first job experience my most memorable one, would recommend to anybody that is into electronics
good place. Not very good
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 August 2018
Indeed should give us options to take these surveys or not. I don't want to take this survey. Now I am just trying to get to 150 characters. 12 more to go. Now I am done
Productive and fun
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 August 2018
Schedule changes weekly
Good training in customer service
Management listens and coaches well
Young team generally fun place to work
Customers can be awesome and unnecessarily demanding, but thats the business
a good company
Warehouse Staff (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 August 2018
I worked there for only 5 months. The working environment in Langley warehouse is comfortable. Best Buy warehouse is good choice in case you prefer a less stress job.
Good Work Environment
Operations, Customer Service Associate, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 August 2018
Good work environment, with friendly people and management. Good opportunities for growth and personal improvements.
Part time hours are lacking a bit. Usually about 15 hours every 2 weeks.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2018
A typical day at Best Buy is fun and joyful. Learned a lot from the management team and fellow coworkers. A great first place to work in for my career path.
Pros
fun, opportunity for growth
Cons
repetitive
Just amazing experience
Sales & customer service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 August 2018
it was amazing experience while i was working at best buy.
My coworkers & manager was so helpful. I learned lots of things from them & it would be great for my future professional life.
Not a career, but good for retail.
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2018
High employee turnover at all levels leads to alot of confusion and favoritism. Store managers typically work hard to foster an in store culture of fun, which means bbq's, staff contests, games nights and such. Not much fun once youve been around a few years and see they're trying to compensate for poor pay and terrible job security, but still better than most retail gigs.
Fun Job
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2018
Every employee was treated with respect and treated the same. I found it interesting how they treat the new employees the same as the ones they had before
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Difficult finding products
Fun place to work with great coworkers and parties every so often.
Sales Associate & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
Going to work was almost like a party every day with good people. Only annoying thing is the training session that is periodic and must be done but you can take your time while you do it so as to complete it satisfactorily.
Pros
Parties
Fun place to work
PART TIME SALES (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC31 July 2018
the COMPANY is amazing in all ways, from its values, benefits, and the opportunities for advancement within the different sections of the COMPANY.

best buy offers RRSP, stock options, medical, dental, massage therapy, optical, they have some of the best advantages for their employees and the COMPANY tries their hardest to make sure every employee is taken care of to the best of their ability.

individual store management is touch and go. some stores have absolutely amazing management and the COMPANY values run through the store environment building a beautiful and energetic place to work.

I have worked in a location like this at one point in time for the COMPANY, it was the best job experience I have ever had.

I have also worked for General Managers within this company who treat their employees and the team like disposable garbage.
Pros
Benifits and decent wage
Cons
management
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
everyday coming into work was a blast. co-workers are very great people. 0 management change while i was employed. Hardest part of the job was working black friday.
Cons
nothing
Amazing group of employees. Definitely miss working there.
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 July 2018
Working as a co-op student at Best Buy helped me learn and explore new things. I met new employees and developed good responsibilities from them as well. The employees at Best Buy made me feel like I belong with them as a family. They included me in team discussions and accepted me for not only my learning challenges but also my great work. I appreciate the time they took to help me to improve on my skills and abilities in order to be successful moving forward into my future. I became great friends with them and developed new skills that I can now be proud of and utilize within my future jobs/careers. I honestly miss working at Best Buy and being part of the great team of employees. I also miss learning and developing new skills as well as working in the technology environment. Since that field of business is what I am interested in, I definitely enjoyed working there and felt motivated to improve on the skills I currently had. If I was given the opportunity to work at Best Buy again I wouldn't hesitate to take it. I would love to work there again!
Fun and Productive Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warden, ON30 July 2018
My short time working for Best Buy I had more than an amazing time learning and efficiency performing to store policy. As routinely we needed to sales quotas which were reasonable targets and all the training staff had helped us in being able to hit those targets when we get our opportunity. It was an amazing place to work learning much about sales associate on pitching products and getting sales while having a fun atmosphere around me while working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

56K