Best Buy
Information from Best Buy:

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Canada2,535 reviews
Found 2,535 reviews matching the search
Good place to work and nice environment. The employees and the environment is nice. I have learnt alot through this. Always keep updating about new changes. Proper training was given.
Learnt a lot of customer service skills
Learnt a lot during my time at best buy from peers, management and on the job experience.
A great job for someone who is looking for their first or a retail job in general. You will soon learn the skill of customer service which is something you'll need wherever you go.
Typical Retail
Very good culture and people. Mostly young people out of college or High School. Typical management that focus more on politics than actual results. They will pressure you to hit sales targets despite no commission being paid out
Easy and Hard
- Quiet in the morning; busy afternoons
- Very busy holidays

- Fun activities such as games nights

- Charity support

Depending on your position and store you may be asked to also take on more responsibilities however. The managers are very open to suggestions and feedbacks.
Fun place to work
Great experience, I learned a lot during my time at Best Buy. The team was great, the first GM was excellent but the substitute was simply awful, work became place completely changed
Pros
great employee prices
Cons
Great place to work and meet friends
I found that Best Buy is a great place to work part time or full-time in all most all departments. However, as you grow in the company management can be quite hard to deal with and are gossipy. The over-all culture is relaxed and you make some great friends along the way.
Productive and a good hardworking place
helped take boxes of the belt and put boxes on belt when needed to
i learned that not all work is fast paced and it can be fun

the hardest part of the job is maintaining focus sometimes cause u sit around for a long time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the free lunches and dinner they gave out during the year.
fun workplace to work
you can have a lot of activities in this company. the manager will organize lots of fun games from time to time. also, they will give you the medical benefit even you are part-time employee.
great place to work
It was a great place to work. All staff were helpful and friendly. They were very helpful especially during the learning stages of the job. I can’t say anything bad
Bonne ambiance de travail
Belle ambiance et belle équipe. La direction manque de professionnalisme parfois et le salaire laisse à désirer pour la charge de travail. Par contre l'équipe est formidable et les activités aussi.
Relaxed Working Environment. Room for growth
Working at bestbuy was very relaxed. You were able to collaborate and work with others in your area. Lunch was available in a cafeteria with games as well as a foosball table. Made a lot of friends there.

Worked at a Best Buy Distribution Centre in Langley
Pros
- Great working environment
Cons
There was some favourability towards some individuals
Productive Work enviroment
A very helpful and productive community. I learned many skills here and I thank everyone for their support. I learned skills such as customer service and being able to work in a fast-paced enviroment.
Productive and fun workplace
Working for Best Buy was an incredible opportunity for me, made me grow as a person and as an employee which made it easier to grow into the field I wanted to peruse. Best Buy wasn't a job for me it was home. The management staff were always helpful and sin-sear. I learned how to work in a team based setting as well as working alone. I learned delegating skills as I grew within the company. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing what was expected and to do my job happily "having fun while being the best" one of the best values to live by.
Sales and Servie
Great working environment and supportive managers. Awesome learning and team building activities. Great staff benefits and greater potential to advance in the organization if you are willing to relocate.
Good at Best Buy.
Worked at Best Buy in 2014 when I was 19 years old. Fun overall experience. Would recommend for anyone that likes working. Also get a good look at the new products coming out for the future.
Low pay, Great discount
Great student or part time job due to very low job security. employees that are promoted are friends or family of management. favouritism runs rampant and egos run high. we do not work on commission but are expected to sell warranties and a certain dollar amount of product per month with no financial incentive / disciplined if goals are not met via less hours but hey the discount is great (Cost + 5%)
Good environment, not a bad place to work.
Setting up merchandise on the sales floor • Promote daily or monthly promotions of different product • Assist customers by proposing solutions to address the needs • Contributing toward the stores daily sale target and goals • Supporting fellow advisors with customer and helping to create a positive work environment through team work
Alight place to work
Just any retail job but just with alot of added pressure if you are working in sales. other departments are much easier to handle and learn. Good place to expand your skills
Good if you’re serious about it
I was hired as a seasonal worker. I loved it but was working two jobs. Not a fan of them sending people out of town for training, or their training methods- creative but took up a lot of unpaid time. If you are a geek then this is the place for you! They have the latest and a great place for you to help those who don’t know too much about it and not only inform them, but help them find what’s best for them. They have great discounts too. Great environment.
Pros
Discounts, Perks, work with the latest in tech, help customers
Cons
Send people away for training
Productive and supportive environment
The colleagues were supportive and helpful enough. Since was a seasonal employee the workload was comparatively higher. Overall the working environment was well above average
Was a nice place
Loved working there environment is good was close to my home as well and the staff is too nice they are co operative .I’d recommend another people to work there too