Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 239 reviews matching the search See all 20,938 reviews
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 January 2019
At my location, Best Buy North Bay was a phenomenal place to work. It has a very positive work environment, with constant on-going feedback, training, and coaching to help better yourself not just as an employee, but as an individual as well. The managerial staff at Best Buy North Bay was by far the best I've ever worked for. In such a large store with x number of associates, they make you feel as though everyone's voice matters. They are extremely flexible, offering top notch work/life balance, and consecutively day after day, find a way to make work fun. Finally, for those of you potentially interested in working at Best Buy, my GM of the North Bay store, #632 will be the best boss you've ever had.
Pros
management, flexibility, benefits, lunches
Not so great
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Had real sad experience working here. Staff was okay, Managers were troubling and the general environment was horrifying to work. Was really sad to work.
Pros
money
Cons
stand
Un bon travail pendant que vous allez à l'école
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2019
Mais, je ne trouve pas que c'est un bon travail comme carrière.
sécurité de l'emploi
entretien de mon espace de travail (Former Employee) –  Rimouski, QC14 January 2019
je n'ai pas travailler là assez longtemps mais j'étais caissière dans le temps des fêtes et ce n'étais pas facile. peu de pause pour le trop grand nombres de clients
Pros
droit au cellulaire
Cons
courte pause
great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2019
great company great discounts great environment room for growth they help develop your skills and strengths ………………………………………………………………………………………………………...
Productive with a lax enviroment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2019
Your typical day at this job depends on it being the start or the ending of the month as you would see it get real busy at the beginning but due back down towards the end of the month. I have learned that productivity is key in these types of jobs but also that it should be done properly and how to manage ones time in order to maximize said productivity. Management there was chill but serious at the same time, what I mean by this is that there was leeway in certain things as long as you didn't take advantage and they did things for there workers such as free lunches and etc. The hardest part about the job was on a busy day when you had a lot of appointments coming through and we would have to check on the measurements sheet to see if we had to measure the product but since there was so many appointments sometimes it was hard to check all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers as well as hand bombing trucks that were in the yard waiting.
Pros
The Game Room
Cons
Nothing to do somethimes
Oh boy, retail
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2019
I can only speak to my location, but I sadly cannot speak well of it. Managers were corrupt and known to be stealing from the company. They would abuse power against employees and show favoritism, even towards employees caught sneaking service plans onto customer purchases when said customers had already refused the offer. I'm hesitant to mention this, but truthfully at my location, the store manager was known for controversial opinions about race.

The job itself is your run-of-the-mill retail experience. Lots of customers who act entitled, know nothing, and treat you poorly. Occasional customers who are decent people that make the job worthwhile. Ineffective bosses and over-relied upon Standard Operating Procedure meant to streamline work and only often makes things runs less effectively. Coworkers you will become quick friends with... or avoid like the plague

If you end up here, just treat it like what it is... a paycheque and nothing more
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poorly run company that seems to only somehow survive running itself
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Laird, ON13 January 2019
great place to work with great fellow employees. Great location with new renovations.

Hours of work are great also, teamwork is very good also. I hope to work with them again in the future
Good place to start, and get through school
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2019
The benefits are great and that is about it. Unless you want to continue a career in retail, do not waste your time here after school. There is not a lot of growth, and even if there is, there is minimal wage increase but a maximal duties increase.
Pros
benefits for part timers, employee discount, laid back
Cons
no advancment, careless managment
poorly run
Product Process (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2019
At first it was great the training was good although, 16 hours for a presentation (Saturday and Sunday) about how Best Buy became and not really being trained on the department you're assigned to, the managers from each department really takes time to make sure everyone is trained properly (you learn as you work), but with that the managers and current employee's start to take advantage of new employee's or seasonal's, as well managers try to withhold you from taking your break or won't let you take any breaks even thought its is against labor law.
I was in product Process, there was a lot of heavy lifting, one time a manager from my department asked me to get a 55" TV from the floor on Black Friday (I am a woman) they didn't even bother to ask anyone to assist me, I had to ask one of the guys in my department. As well, after Black Friday they start to cut hours. I would also keep an eye out, they usually start letting employees and seasonal go after Black Friday and Best Buy's VIP Day.
Over all its not a great environment.
Pros
make new friends
Cons
Managers are rude, they tell you to skip your breaks or have non at all, poorly run, and you stay late longer then an hour and half.
great place to work if you already have money.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 January 2019
Great place to work if you already have money. Best Buy is one of the best place I have ever worked but the main issue here is not getting paid enough. Minimum wage is not what you want if you work at best buy.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
bad pay
the most important thing i learned at work was math skills
Repacking Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2019
best buy was good work place.Few things that could make that work place better was kind supervisors, more friendly environment, team work and less work load.
Everywhere you work you gain new experiences.At best buy i gain math skills. doing math everyone day of how many box i opened, how many unity each box had, how many boxes i put way, how many boxes i replant. Mad me better at math every day.
Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia8 January 2019
Great environment to work within!
They take what you want to do career wise and help you grow within the company!
Great benefits
Nice people working with you
Very team orientated
Multi Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 January 2019
My experience with Best Buy was for the most part exceptional. The hourly wage was comfortable, and the MCSA position was a good fit for myself. Management was always professional, while keeping it fun!
Pros
Good wages, benefits
Cons
retail hours (uncontrollable with a retail store)
productive
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2019
Great culure and envournement and lotd of oppertunities for the growthh.management is is so supportive and emplyee oriented.Customes are are super happy about the services.
Fast paced but well managed workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2019
Amazing management team that provided quality training's for the position you're put into. Quite a fast paced environment during the holiday season. Easy to pick up on and learn what's required of you.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No cons.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC4 January 2019
Very energetic environment. Management very friendly and co operative. Gets very busy at times but works out well when you can work under pressure. Staff is very friendly .
Great Place to Learn and Develop
Connected Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 December 2018
Typical day at work we do a lot of interactions with both customers and with our colleagues. Unless on break, we would always be assisting customers with their needs. Management was fantastic; everybody was organized, new what their objective were, and had a solid plan to run the organization. Every worker had a lot of benefits and freedom to do what they want as long as they did their job properly, to the company's standards, and showed strong improvements.
Positive environment promoting valuable experiences.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2018
Best Buy is a great company to work with. There is a good environment with many learning experiences while working which makes it a big plus. There is a good management and a very helpful team that is willing to assist whenever needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers improving their tech lives while being the best!
Pros
Free snacks.
Environnement du travail
Spécialiste divertissement multimédia (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON29 December 2018
Tres bonne compagnie , j'ai appris beaucoup de choses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K