Best Buy Employee Reviews

Decent Environment to work in with good people
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2018
Everyone I worked with at Best Buy was very friendly and easy going. I learned a lot more about technology than I knew before working there. In the warehouse I learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes to make sure we kept the store tidy and in order throughout the day. The managers and supervisors there where super friendly and easy going as well, they understood you when you had something going on. The culture was great. Everyone got along and when we had team events they where usually something very fun and interesting. Hardest part about the job was probably the warehouse and moving all the big appliances around. What I really enjoyed about Best Buy was the people I worked with, it was always a fun but productive time.
challenging but fun
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 May 2018
Was a fun and vibrant experience. Clean dress code that boosts ego in a professional manner. Excellent training services. I feel like the wages could be better, but overall I worked with great people which makes it very bearable.
Pros
Very busy your day goes by fast.
Cons
lower wage for what you sell but thats an opinion.
Fun place to work
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC17 May 2018
Amazing place to work throughly enjoyed it. Everyone was fantastic to work with each was different. Employee were all well taken care off with benefits and discounts.
Productive and fun workplace for a electronic retalier
DC Loss Prevention Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2018
If you want to go work then play video games afterwards this is the place to be. Didn't have any issues working there. very easy going when compared to others.
Environnement de travail agréable
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC16 May 2018
Pour un nouveau employé, les formations et l’orientation dans le magasin sont phénoménal.

Bon environnement de travail et un bon travail d'équipe entre les collègues.

Par contre, forte pression sur les chiffres de vente sans récompenser l'employé.
Pros
Les gérants, les employeurs, les formations, l’interaction avec les clients et l’environnement de travail
Cons
Pression forte au niveau des chiffres de vente pourtant il n'y a pas de comission
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2018
Best buy taught me what it's like to have fun while getting the job done. The 936 store was the best and taught me the importance of providing great customer service
Extremely busy and pressuring workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2018
You get around minimum wage and it's non commission but the supervisors and managers expect so much from you. My coworkers were fun and you get a discount, apart from that it's not the best place to work. Although, you do get lots of good customer experience because it's super busy and you deal with all types of people at Best Buy.
Fun place to work but needs major changes.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON15 May 2018
I have been with Best Buy for a little less than a year now and everything about the place is great except for a few things. Number one people abuse status 100% within best buy and there's nothing you'll be able to do about it. The schedule is absurd and shifts are never the same and constantly change each week. Working part-time if you even get 1 shift a week you're lucky on some occasions. Also, they are unable to give sufficient shifts for people to live off of but still hire more employees to further make the issue worse. The pay is nice but you don't work enough to ever make any money once they fix this issue then it would be a more admirable place to work at! Lastly, they think that just giving you a raise and once again not giving you anymore working time will keep you happy but it is impossible to live off of there paychecks.
Pros
decent incentives to stay within the company and great environment
Cons
Schedule constantly changing, never a set schedule
Working here was alright.
Operations/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2018
My time working for Best Buy was not as great as my other experiences working for other companies. I did not feel welcomed and did not feel comfortable. I also was asked to quit because the employers could not accommodate my schedule with my school schedule.
Overall Nice Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 May 2018
The work life balance is good at Best buy. The staff are there to help you. Everyone was nice and welcoming, The employees treat you as there own from day one. There is a sense of community. However, the management needs to be restructured.
Great company great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 May 2018
Very well balanced work and life scheduling and a great experience with coworkers. Everyone is very supportive and very motivated. If you're into technology you end up learning a lot here.
Pros
Great for students and lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Few hours for part-time
Fun work environment
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 May 2018
Working at best buy was the most enjoyable job I have ever had. Every co-worker was like family and made a really enjoyable work environment. There was never a day I wished I was not working there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB10 May 2018
Felt like I could accomplish more there, but the role I was given held my skills back. Overall, the work atmosphere and people were great to work with and learn from.
Fun workplace
Home Solutions Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
Working at Best Buy was fun because of the people I worked. We all shared a competitive nature and wanted our store to be the best. Working in home solutions was my favourite because it was a job where I could literally talk about video games and tv's the whole time.
Pretty decent
Warehouse/ Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON7 May 2018
The hours are inconsistent but the work is pretty chill, and the discount is amazing. The team is very friendly and nice to work with, and they are eager to teach you new things
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Limited Hours
Hard t o say...
Product process/computer sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2018
Work in best buy is as it is, work. But experience in the work place depends, in what department you are put yourself in. In the warehouse you have yourself a team working team that want unison and hard work. On the floor their maybe respectful employees that love help and also are kind, but there is allot of employees that are like sharks who get "vicious" when they see their sale get "stolen" and start creating gossip between other employees trying to put you in a bad spot before the management even notices. Pay is fair and hours were good. But being between " fun hard working" employees can be a dice roll. So usually when you do work try yo not speak to other get close to the employees as much as possible till you ensure that they are good people.
A Nice Productive Work Environment
End User Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 May 2018
A Nice Productive Work Environment, Management is good, gets busier during end of the year, other times a pleasant place to work and learn new technologies and do your best.
Amazing people to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2018
Over the years that I have worked with BestBuy. I have meet some of the most amazing people to work with. Have Fun While Being The Best. You should work here
Pros
Great discount
Cons
There are none
Good company to work with
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 May 2018
It's a good company especially as a student or contract position, but they don't often hire more people unless someone has left the company because there are very few positions within each store. Pay is usually minimum wage or just above if you are lucky. I had a good group of coworkers so we had fun working together. Because a lot of the hires are contract, job security is a bit tough.

- Typical days aren't too hard and sometimes boring.
- Learnt about sales and entering sales into the computers
- Management was approachable
- Culture was fun group with a Christmas event every year
- Hardest part was the cumbersome sales on the computers
- Most enjoyable was the evening cleaning, music playing having a fun time
Pros
Fun work, Not difficult, Good training
Cons
Lower pay
productive and fun workplace wit table tennis and video games
Full Case Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2018
good experience, very team orientated, great place to make some money. allowed me to gain the knowledge of different electronics and utilizing customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

56K