Best Buy Canada Employee Reviews

Found 1,496 reviews matching the search See all 1,530 reviews
Horrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 March 2019
Worst store to work for. Definitely regret transferring from another store. No feedback or support from upper management in times of need, and purely sales driven.
Pros
When they're driven to make sales they're really nice to their employee's
Cons
Poor management, poor atmosphere
Meh
Repack associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 March 2019
I first worked in the first building in repack. I did enjoy it. After contract was up supervisor wasnt honest about extending contract. Gave false hope. But came back few weeks later worked in other building . Much better environment. Supervisor was the same as first boss had to deal with. Gave false hope again. They take advantage of seasonal employees. They only keep certain people. They make favourites. Discount wasnt even worth the work.
Pros
Some co workers were nice.
Cons
No job security
Amazing workers, costumers, and working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 March 2019
Working at Best Buy was amazing! Getting to know all your coworkers and connecting with the costumers was just the start. Working there you had one job and that’s to be amazing, to make the costumers experience amazing even if there not so fawn of the store before. Making them come back and telling their family and friends about what an amazing experience they had.
It's Ok
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2019
Basically there's a bunch of favoritism, i would assume in any store.
You can't really advance bc for example, i'm a part timer and so is my other co workers, but he gets 5 shifts a week, constantly, and i get 2.
Him and i are basically equal but he gets treated like a full timer
poor work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC19 March 2019
poor work life balance as well as you are just a number, you don't matter no matter how much effort you put forth. great culture but not followed in most stores
Good work culture
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2019
Great benefits and workplace culture, office has a nice gym service with classes, on-site physiotherapy and massage chairs are available, cafeteria has good food
Emploie saisonier
Commis (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC18 March 2019
idéal pour emploie étudiant , saisonnier ou même temps plein.
Typical Retail Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 March 2019
The staff are all overworked and underpaid. Unless you're in management and getting bonuses. There is no commission for sales reps, which doesn't give them an incentive to "be amazing". Too much pressure for sales staff to hit their numbers and unrealistic goals.
Pros
Staff discount; great job for students
Cons
Low wage; stressful; no room to advance
Overall great experience
telephone representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2019
I had to answer phone calls, place orders for cx's, help rectify problems for them as well. Do price matching for them, help them to the best of my ability.
Worst Place to Work
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 February 2019
Pressure to sell services and warranties. No respect for employees. The only competency to be in the store management is if you can shove warranties in the mouth of customers. Grievance system is useless and management supports the management. No incentive for achieving the sales target.
Harassment, bullying, lack of respect and pressure tactics are part of the culture.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
work culture, sales tactics, management

Want to know more about Best Buy Canada?

Ask a question
Une bonne expérience professionnelle
Home Theater Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC20 February 2019
Best Buy Canada m'a permis de développer mes qualités de Leadership, d'avoir de nouveaux challenges et d'aller chercher de nouvelles compétences.
BestBuy
Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 February 2019
I would work for BestBuy again, the staff culture was friendly and I enjoyed supervision of students and mature staff members. The pay was on par with other retail environments.
Good
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2019
I have been working at bestbuy for the past 3.5 years and have always felt at home no matter what store I work in. I never feel pressured at work and they always accommodate any problem I have.
Pros
Friendly, Fun, Fair
Cons
Retail (unavoidable)
Good job Odd culture
Mobile Lead (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 February 2019
The job is good but the no commission no pressure is a lie. You are pushed to sell geeksquad and even setups on customers who may not need it to hit numbers rather than just selling products
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2019
Perfect for students who wish to work part-time while continuing their studies. Working as a Customer Ambassador is a great experience as you interact with the public a lot.
Think they're above the law
Mobile Lead (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 January 2019
They do not care about their employee's. Management looks out for each other and that's about it. Started as a seasonal hire and worked my way up to supervisor over 5 years.

They put a written warning in my file without my knowledge and without my signature and said it was final warning. My wife was 7 months pregnant at the time and I received no sympathy. After dealing with the Ontario labor board they were ordered to pay 4 weeks pay within 30 days because he write up that was slipped into my file was for months earlier when they accused me of taking lunch and not punching out (lies) but the GM failed to actually present that write up for me to sign, there's even a space for an explanation if I refused to sign which was also blank. . They've decided to ignore the notice in a attempt to pay me less and settle or have the ministry of finance attempt to collect the money they owe me.

The issue was I covered a co workers shift which does not allow me to use the punch clock like normal and I have to fill out a form instead. I forgot to write what time I took lunch before going home, a simple mistake that was due to me trying to help another employee. They could have simply asked me what time I took lunch that day but instead built a case to get rid of me.

I asked to see the write up when I was fired and they refused hoping that I was stupid and wouldn't know I have the right to view the contents of my personal file. To further proof their guilt, when I asked for this info the response was from their senior legal counsel and not from the local management or HR rep.
  more...

So again they were ordered by the labor board to pay me severance but have decided the laws don't apply to them. They're going to try and offer me less and if I refuse it will probably take years for the Ministry of Finance to collect the money if ever.

Also they pay is terrible, no commission, micro management to the highest level. Very sexist, if your a girl you get to work the register, if your a guy you can work in sales.

I hope you're reading this Best Buy because its not over.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 January 2019
Best Buy is one of the successful retail companies. I would honestly say that it was one the best jobs I've ever had. I've learned so mush from them, such as a good customer service and technology. The ambiance is really fun.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Gets busy really quickly
Fun and productive work environment
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 January 2019
Fun and productive work environment that incentivizes good customer service and product knowledge. The employee discount is awesome, with occasional employee price programs.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2019
Ensuring inventory was all displayed, knowledge of any new products that have been displayed, greeting and assisting customers with products they are interest in.
I learned various products and services throughout the company while assisting in all departments.
Good Starter Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2019
Good starter company for those wanting to make the transition into sales in the future. A lot of personal and work development programs as well as awesome health coverage and benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy Canada. Our community is ready to answer.