Best Buy Canada Employee Reviews

Environnement agréable et instructif
Vendeur (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC16 September 2018
Bonne ambiance de travail et bons avantages pour les employés ! BestBuy permet d’acquérir une bonne expérience dans le domaine de la vente.
The staff are wonderful and it is a fun and competitive atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
The staff are wonderful and it is a fun and competitive atmosphere to be there. It promotes healthy competition. High sales focus and aggressive atmosphere.
Pros
Good feedback system for associates below the management level
Cons
Very negative upper managementt
représentant des ventes en cinema maison
REPRÉSENTANT DES VENTES (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC9 September 2018
Beaucoup de pression pour peux d'avantages autant salaire que assurance ,congés etc .
Great Place to work, Hard to stag long
CONTENT STRATEGIST & INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2018
Best Buy is a great place to start but you get paid lower than market average, and management seems to favour hiring externally vs internal promotion.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
Low pay high expectation
It is an okay part time job.
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 September 2018
The job is okay for part time work, but it is minimum wage and relatively tedious. It is great for students just looking for a job to pay for going out or minor bills.
Horrible Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 September 2018
I used to work there and the managers at BestBuy are extremely horrible. They say that BestBuy is a non-commisioned company but pressures your employees to sell and sell and sell. If you do not meet your weekly budget, you will be stuck with the managers and the managers will pressure you, even more, when you don't sell the geek squad warranty. Managers always mess up the hours and blame the employees for not reminding the managers. Last pay raise I got from BestBuy was 30cent. It is not worth to work there for what you get.
Pros
insignia cables
Cons
Horrible Managers, horrible time schedule, low pay
Bestbuy Canada is a great place to work
Certified Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2018
I enjoy working at Best Buy Canada, the hours are good and flexible, the culture is true to the core values of having fun while being the best, and I would recommend the company to other people.
Great work environment and boss, but hard to advance
Multi-Channel Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 September 2018
In all my jobs before this one, I've never been happy to come to work every day. Three years with Best Buy, and I still enjoyed my job. If only there was room to advance from within...
Pros
Great boss and community
Cons
No room for advancement
It was a nice place to work
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK23 August 2018
Best Buy has its ups and downs obviously just like any jobs. The ups were the discounts. Discounts were really good for some things.but somethings u had no discounts which sucked. The management never talked to each other. They all asked the same employee to do a different task and it was pretty confusing on who to listen to. Everyone got along in my department obviously not everyone gets along that’s expected in any job.hours were alright they get worse when there r more employees like for winter it sucks. the cons are When u leave the job even quit on good terms they WONT GIVE U A REFERENCE. I was there for 3.5 years and I like how could I get a reference somewhere else when I’ve been there for the past 3 years. Honestly wish I quit sooner because of that they screwed me over for a lot of other good opportunities but it’s there POLICY which sucks. The wage is unfair. I was there for 3 years and was getting paid 13.09 and yet some new guy came along and gets paid 13$ an hour. Like what?!
Pros
Discounts. good coworkers
Cons
Hours sucked, Management sucked at communicating with each other. When you quit you get no references.
Average at best
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2018
worked for the company for 3 years+. the company usually has great people and has a decent community and social involvement. The management seems consistently poor and there is little to no room for advancement unless you plan on staying with the company for 10 years. the pay is not worth the trouble and you can find similar employment without the exhausting retail politics.
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
poor management, no advancement opportunities.
Fun Workplace
General Manager In Training (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 August 2018
Typical work day included mentoring staff, making sure we hit our daily target. Accountable for revenue, margin, budget across all channels including P&L. Supervise the work of sales consultants including training and development, coaching, mediating and follow up.
Super emploie étudiant
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC20 August 2018
Bon emploie pour apprendre les bases de la vente et super avantageux au plan sociaux
E-commerce
E-Commerce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 August 2018
The company is backwards they talk a out building a future but they are just stuck chasing budgets every week. Middle management are a bunch of incompetent millenials that do not know how to grow and develop talent.
Pros
Employee pricing, nice co-workers, value cafeteria food
Cons
Incompetent management
Fun place to work be better if you made commission
Mobile Lead (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 August 2018
Fun place to work with tech and inform the public on how to use their phone. If this job was based on a commission style payment structure I would not have left.
Tres bon emploie étude/travail
Représentante du service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Rosemère, QC13 August 2018
Une entreprise qui prend a coeur la réussite de ses employés autant à l’intérieur de l’entreprise qu’à l’extérieur (il y a beaucoup d’étudiants)
No Job Security and No Trust
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2018
If your 16 and looking for a job with minimal training and no job security. This place is for you. If your looking to make this a career. Then forget it. The leadership team in this company is based on how much you can make others feel bad, horrible meetings that don't go anywhere and no trust in leadership team or team members.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else.
Bad Management Pathetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 August 2018
Bad place to work. Last few years they have reduced their staff to half and still they hire .
Shady management .No proper communication. Bad work ethics . I would suggest never to work here
Pros
Cons
Management does whatever it feels like
Great people, weak leadership
Designer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 August 2018
Awesome people to work with, weak leaders and reactionary, afraid and really stale bureaucratic structure.

Changes are abundant and pretty much everyone oversteps their job description causing a lot of problems and making it really slow and difficult to get anything done.
Pros
great people
Cons
really far, not close to any amenities, lunches are fairly priced but not great.
Computer-focused, team atmosphere with very nice facilites
Parts Procurement (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 July 2018
My position in Parts Procurement was alongside 8-10 other team members, although we were situated in a warehouse full of technicians, other administrative teams, and order pickers. A typical day had us sitting at a desk with 2+ monitors, completing "work orders" by ordering the appropriate part from the appropriate vendor. We, as a team, could complete over 1,000+ work orders daily. I quickly become proficient with the Word, Excel, and Outlook programs through Microsoft, as well as learning 2 computer systems, and various "wizards" in which we used to order parts. Our management system with in tiers, with a team leaders who were more hands-on with any questions, approvals. We then had a Manager whom was above the team leaders, and whom would conduct the bi-weekly meetings. The workplace culture was a calm, welcoming, and happy environment. The hardest part of the job would be sitting at a desk for 5+ hours day, I would have liked to see sit-stand desks. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, sitting with them and being able to create friendships while accomplishing our daily tasks. The most impressive part was the efficiency in which any problem, question, computer error, or general inquiry was taken care of. The only reason I did not star at this job was because I was hired on a contract basis, and when my contract was near finishing, the administrative budget did not allow for a full-time permanent position.
Pros
Nice facilities, in-house cafeteria, clean work space, job advancement
Cons
No personal electronics allowed in the building ( emergencies), sitting at desk.
Overall workplace
Sales Representative/ Mobile (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 July 2018
Great place to work. Gained a great deal amount of knowledge. Never had any complaints working here. Overall good. Managment and supervisors are great help. always there for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy Canada. Our community is ready to answer.