Best Brains Learning Center

Best Brains Learning Center Employee Reviews

professional workplace

The work environment is friendly and professional. Every one works collaboratively. The teaching methodology work with all learning ability kids. flexible hours of work.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

part time

It was a lifeline of a job when I was in between jobs and it became a steady job

I had a great supervisor at The Las Colinas location. Clear and concise instructions plus feedback before and after class. I felt welcomed. Sometimes expectations did differ when we had special kids with learning issues and it was not communicated at times. 6 kids per table when some have learning issues is a struggle and a disadvantage for others.

Pros

Great location and great supervisor

Cons

Lack of benefits

It’s a great place

They owners are super nice and there are wonderful smart kids there They are so bright and friendly they two owners are women and are so sweet and lovely

Pros

Cons

Not

Great staff and management. Work pace is not stressful but fast paced.

A good place to make a start if you are just building up your experience in Canada. Flexible timings and great support. Treats you like family. The classes can get a little overwhelming because people don't come on time but otherwise it is great. Love interacting with the students.

My experience at Best Brains

A typical day at work you come in to a friendly environment from your coworkers and your boss, the hardest part of the job is the relationship between parents and the teachers whenever the parents don't care, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with the students and watch them progress in the subject being taught.

Small groups environment

I like it because all I can do there is teach which I love to do 100% of the time. I work at multiple locations and meet different people. I learn so much while I am teaching.

flexible hours

At Best Brains Learning Center, you will be working with students from pre -kinder to the eighth grade. Helping them in Math as well as English. The classes are hourly and there has to be a balance between both subjects.

Pros

Flexible Hours in the afternoon

Cons

Low pay

Productive and Fun workplace

It is a great part time and flexible job with good pay and great environment; loved the center head, she is a fun person to work with. The co teachers are also very helpful and supportive.

Good job

Great way to make a difference in the lives of students and help them achieve learning goals. Only a few hours a week, rewarding and pleasant work environment.

A wonderful place to work

This is a relaxed work environment, where the management staff truly wants to help you and make you feel comfortable. I love the job culture, and it is a great part-time job for someone who enjoys working with kids!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Best Brains Learning Center?

Hopeless learning center

This place is a waste of time for the kids as teachers don't grade their books and throw it into a pile. There are teachers who know nothing about math and ask students how to do the math problem!!! This is just ridiculous!!

Somewhat friendly disciplined atmosphere to learn, though a bit rigid system that doesn't encourage enough creative or social skills for the students.

Best Brains has a relatively good system for bilingual children age 3 to 14 to enhance their school learning experience. I mostly enjoyed teaching their public speaking classes but they were not promoted as much as the math and English so only were given one summer out of the 1 1/2 years I worked there. The pay I received of $17 per hour with no paid time off or any benefits, without building any team to improve on some student's apathy and other problems, was barely motivating. However, I am glad that my experience with 90% of the children was increasingly positive which made up for those disappointments. I look forward to my new position teaching for Best Brains for $20 per hour when I move to Arizona in October 2019. I will be requesting more teacher/manager contact and hope that I enjoy working more as a team there.

Great Part-Time Job

As a student this is only meant to be a part time job for me, however it has been an excellent place that has great management/owners and has worked perfectly with my school schedule.

I love This Job

As someone with anxiety and depression, it's a great starting job to help someone get out there and make some type of income. I love the job and the management at the Owings Mills location is wonderful. The pay is also decent starting at 10.10 an hour. My only problem is there isn't enough hours simply because of how little the center itself is open. I typically spend most of my time quietly grading student workbooks and occasionally helping a teacher when they are a bit overwhelmed with students that need individual attention or a student that needs a little extra help with their work.

Pros

Great management, amazing environment, not too demanding

Cons

Not enough work hours

Best Brains was a great company to work for right out of college.

I began working at Best Brains right after I graduated from college. It was a great work environment and I loved working with the children. I loved how they challenged the children to go beyond expectations in a way they loved to learn.

Pros

Great Work Environment

Cons

N/a

Fun!

Excellent company to work for- great job for those that enjoy working with kids. Uses a prepared curriculum so there is no out-of-work prep for teachers.

Management and curriculum is a mess

Curriculum keeps changing and answer keys have many errors. Management keeps changing and there was no support. I was thrown into the position without any training or procedures. Current manager was too demanding. Never gave feedback so never knew if I was successful and wanted a 1 week notice if you were going to miss a 3 hour session. Was let go because "services were no longer needed" but actually for because I didn't give them 1 week's notice for a last minute interview. Nice money, but not enough hours, odd hours, no support, manager would throw random students at you without prior notice, and curriculum is not efficient or lined up to CC. Kids are nice but extra work for them.

Pros

Kids and other teachers/graders

Cons

Curriculum is bad, managers are not educators and don't know how to treat their teachers.

Fun place

Fun work place helping young minds learn and grow We work two days a week in the evening teaching the Best Brains program. The manager is very friendly and understanding Hardest part of the job is paying own taxes

Horrible manager

Barely any hours, the room where you grade papers smells like mold, we sit in small childrens chairs so its very uncomfortable, the grading room is shared with a teacher teaching kids so you cant even concentrate on grading packets because of the children talking, a lot of the teachers get smart and loud with the kids, the bathroom is disgusting and never has soap or tissue, very disorganized, coworkers always left early when manger was not at work, the manger is extremely stuck up and rude to everyone, and they don't even notify you about days the learning center is closed.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Rude manager, no benefits, low hours, the center itself is unsanitary and most likely has mold

Very Unorganized place to work

since I have started working here the system has been down and parents haven't been able to get their updates of their children's progress. the management is never here and never able to answer the questions of the parents. I love working with the students. i absolutely love the environment for the kids. but behind the scenes needs woek.

Pros

extra time for lunch, flexible hours, and adorable children

Cons

terrible management, poor quality computer systems

Great Job

Nice place to work, Good enviornment and co workers. I am still enjoying working there. God good experience. I want to recommend Best Brains Center to work to any one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Brains Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement