Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

not good place to work
Sales Associate July (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 May 2018
Never got hours that i was looking for, was never busy, often times would leave early due to the lack of traffic in store, management was okay but could be better
Pros
Na
Cons
short breaks
Its an okay place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2018
Its too too much expectations, communication break down from Company to Dm to store managers. Staff is the only up side to working at Bentlys, product is great ..
Pros
staff
Cons
way too much mis communication
Don't do it!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 April 2018
Bentleys s is the absolute worst company of work for my entire life. I've heard retail for well over 15 years. The way they treat their employees to training and development just a management team in general is absolutely despicable. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Cons
No training; high pressure sales enviroment; poor fallow through on promises...
Very fun staff, easy to learn
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS4 April 2018
The staff at the Bentley I worked at were fantastic people. They were absolutely easy to get along with and made working there better. The work load was not necessarily easy but I was quick to catch on.
Pros
Pays well, customers are fairly easy to deal with
Cons
Can’t sit down
bentley
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Saint-Georges-de-Beauce, QC27 March 2018
periode de recrutement : automne et hiver.........
Pros
travail/études
Cons
chiffre de 3h
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2018
this was my first job and I think it was really good experience. he employees are professional and responsible, the company is pretty good to work for overall , a little bit strict though
Good for a time. ☺
Sales/cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland ,ON16 March 2018
While it was a fairly easy/smooth job, management was not good at communicating.
There was a great discount for employees and the 'mystery shops' were fun.
Pros
Big discount on store items, which very much interested me.
Cons
Very short shifts, with zero chance of getting more hrs. Management was difficult to speak to.
The atmosphere was nice with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 March 2018
It was a wonderful place to have customers come in and I enjoyed explaining the product and warranties to them. It was in a nice location of the mall and most coworkers were great.
Micro management is not involved at all with everyday issues
Full time sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara11 March 2018
Not a good place to work! The district manager is always turning employees against each other and does nothing but send out nasty emails! The Company it’s self has no idea what they are doing! The inventory is horrible they say you have 10 in your store when you have none! Customers come in for something they see online. The online availability is the location has 2 but has none and the Customers take it out on employees at store level!
great work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St.-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC7 March 2018
the environment was wonderful to work in and the clientele was easy going. it was great being able to help people find exactly what they needed and make sure that they were satisfied with their product

Want to know more about Bentley Leathers?

Ask a question
Fun and organized
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC5 March 2018
I love working at Bentley, not only is my manager understanding and funny but she also doesn’t waste time. We work very well in teams and we’re trained to work our best and hardest, I even improved in my second language (French) since working here. Here I learned how to properly serve and help people.
Pros
Good hours, good managing
Cons
I had a really cool manager at the time, who was 18, but an amazing person.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
Bentley had a one hour break for lunch, instead of a break every two hours, so this was an adjustment for me. And, if you were by yourself, for the whole length of your shift, because someone phoned in sick, you had to call mall security to watch the store, while you did something as simple as go to the bathroom! They do have a very good training program, and I learned a lot about luggage warranties, what to do if you experienced airline damage, and all about the types of products and services Bentley provided. If you like purses, hand bags, totes, wallets, and acessories, you may find yourself spending a lot of your pay check here, but they have really cool stuff, too.
Pros
The one hour lunch break.
Cons
Long periods of time working alone.
fun and felt like home
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2018
i have been working at Bentley leathers for almost two years and all i can say is it was an amazing experience i have never had in a job before . all the staff were amazing and we were all one big family and the management was great and such a nice people
Pros
great environment
benefits
Emploie agreable
Gerante (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC9 February 2018
Emploie assez agreable. Employer aimable. Et qui aime travailler
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Salaire trop bas. Pour toutes les taches a faire et responsabilites
Good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 February 2018
it mattered about the people that I worked with. employee turnover was very high. I did enjoy working there, however, was quite stressful to deal with certain issues within the store.
District Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 February 2018
Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork starts your day.

When sales are down company is quick to point fingers at employees. Company fails to take into account less traffic and more online sales. Many factors beyond stores control.

On the positive side
There is a new CEO who is willing to think outside of the box. Realizing not all stores have the same demographics and allowing changes in order to accommodate clientele.

Head office management needs to take responsibility for poor choices from the buying department. No more dollar store items or mystery boxes.
Order what customers want: luggage that will accommodate airline restrictions.

The hardest part of the job is the Archaic computer system that has so many steps to complete work. So much time could be freed up for training, selling and day to day tasks if system was updated. Constant corrections of information sent out to stores.

The most enjoyable parts of the job is the learning product knowledge to pass onto our customers. Our customers are great they make your day.

Every company has good and bad points but Bentley I would suggest is a fun place to work.
Pros
Excellent Customer Service, Generous Return Policy, New Products
Cons
Too much paperwork, Ridiculous waste of money on Signage (many not used), Sale Items Advertised usually not available at the start of sale, Head office constantly sending out corrections from wrong information already received
An amazing experience
Retail Sales Associate - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2018
I worked at Bentley Leathers for about two years and loved every minute of it, there was never a day that I dreaded going to work. My manager in Stratford was the absolute best and never made the job feel like work. Always made accommodations for me especially when I relocated to London, ON- they were able to find me a position in a London location that felt just as much like family as my base store.
Pros
flexible schedules, opportunity for advancement, close-knit "family" type of environment, extremely friendly staff
Bon emploie
Gerante (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC19 January 2018
Votre travail sera apprecier et reconnu! Manque un peu d'organisation au sein de la compagnie mais j'ai aimer mon experience de travail. Un emploie stimulant!
Sales Associte
Sales Associated (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
i enjoyed working here, all the employees were a pleasure to work with.. i didn't really like selling things but, the made me feel real comfortable. the most enjoyable part of the job was trying to have the most sales for the month.
Minimum Wage Forever
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2018
Every person I've talked to about the company is more likely to complain about their job than talk about enjoying it. The higher management do not respect the salespeople. The salespeople are often dramatic and hard to work with peacefully.