Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

There are much better companies to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2019
Training is the worst I've seen in my 30 years of working in customer service. They seem to have a "Sink or Swim" mentality. 5 days training in the slowest store, with one of the nastiest store managers they have..

District management is toxic. Zero support. Kiss your job goodbye if the Regional manager doesn't like you.

Head office is a joke. So many cutbacks that you can't get any answers.

Hours cut back so much that managers work alone 50%-70% of their work week.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Everything else
Bentley was full of baggage
Receiving & Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON13 March 2019
For a menial type position it was highly unorganized and the management did nothing to make their employees feel like a part of the company in fact it was quite the opposite. It was quite the opposite for example the yearly bonus was not paid if you took one sick day.
Pros
Not many weekends
Cons
terrible work, life balance
belle experience
Caissier-vendeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 March 2019
rempli de nouvelle rencontre et client super aimable
Terrible workplace
Full -Time Product Knowledge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 March 2019
Honestly if I could give this company no stars I would. I was a fulltime employee I signed up being told how much I would be making and getting benefits. My 3 month probation comes to an end and they tell me I don’t get benefits. The district manager is very unprofessional and rude. Just avoid working here if you can.
Cons
Pay and being promised something and not receiving it.
great!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2019
Working with bentley is perfect for students looking for part time work, though management can be a little back and forth - many unnecessary changes to little things such as dress code that are almost immediately reversed ect.
a welcoming place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2019
A typical day at Bentley consists of cleaning the store, selling merchandise, processing transactions and answering any questions a customer may have concerting the specified item they are either searching for or generally inquiring about.
Pros
great people
Cons
lots or paper work
fun coworkers, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 February 2019
I enjoyed the other sales associates that I spent my shifts with, but the store was very poorly run, by both the store manager and the district manager. The hours were horrible, and expectations of staff were very unrealistic (e.g. setting a sales associate's budget as over $1000 on the least busy days of the year, and the sales associates being punished when budgets were not met, even if no customers came into the store)
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
poorly managed
Productive workplace with encouraging staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 January 2019
At Super Tikka House I was given the opportunity to work with the staff to serve help customers and create a happy workplace. The hardest part of the job that taught me an important life skill was that you will have to work hard in order to achieve what you want and that not everybody will be nice to you and patience is key.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
bad location
Alright for a short time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 January 2019
If you're looking to get your footing in a new place and just need a temporary job, I would suggest bentley's. It's a failing store that likes to blame their employees for their shortcomings, but the swift turnover rate almost guarantees you a job. I got my position without an interview and saw the entire staff turn over at least twice in the three months a worked there.
The management was a pain, and I felt like voicing my opinions on certain topics could jeopardize my position (though that was just more of a personal thing with my manager). The only shifts I had with other staff members outside of management were rare and so we didn't get to talk, and I had a very malformed view of the workplace culture. My hours were also sometimes only 4 hours a week.
The discounts were great though, and the customers could be really great.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
Management, short hours, poor workplace culture
"Don't give the customer a choice"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2019
This company absolutely does not care about it's employees. I have made 2 HR complaints and brought up these concerns to a district and regional manager and absolutely nothing has been done about our workplace. Whether its the manager threatening us with write ups, putting us in uncomfortable positions (leaving employees alone for 1-3 hours), punching boxes in the back when angry, giving unauthorized discounts and then claiming "I'm the manager I can do what I want" when confronted about it - and even knowingly putting back a broken ladder for another employee to potentially use and cause a workplace accident, nothing has been resolved. DO NOT work for this company long-term. They do not care about you. I would only recommend this place for a seasonal job or
Pros
50% off employee discount, amazing coworkers
Cons
management, frequent schedule changes
Free availabitlity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2019
The management could use improvement however the lack of staff and poor management put alot of strain on the employees. Furthermore, the boss also showed nepitism towards certain employees which forced other employees to over compensate for the clear favoritism in the work place. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service and the interaction with the customers.
Pros
Open availability
Cons
Poor management
Decent but poor mangement
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2018
Most everyone working here was nice and made it worth trying to stay but unfortunately management was unprofessional and plays favouritism. Lowball threats, felt like you're being set up for failure if disliked without a valid reason and poor attitude.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Unprofessional
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 December 2018
selling the best languages at the best prices and a very good environment to work in with competitive tasks and weekly goals. good people good company nice place.
Great Part Time Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
Great flexibility - reasonable environment and management.
Little room to grow within the company.
Management is somewhat fair however favoritism is explicit
nice retail experience
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 September 2018
good company to work however market is volatile leaving space for innovation, creativity, fast paced but employee can to excel if they want to, nice building
Pros
people, head office, warehouse, stores like a big family
Cons
stressful due to the nature of retail market.
High pressure, No reward.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2018
Bentley is a fading company but are in denial so they are blaming staff for sales loss. Really what they need is to rethink their branding and cater to current trends, not trends from 4 years ago. Bring in new brands not Celiene Dion and Jessica Simpson.
All Bentley brand product looks like a 80 year old woman designed it. There is nothing fresh or interesting, even old ladies are tired of this stuff.

Everything is your fault when sales are bad. Little or no kodos when you actually do Well. They want you to work your fingers to the bone but won't pay you what you're worth.

I hit rock bottom when I started working for this company. Save yourself the stress and work at McDonald's.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia31 August 2018
Bentleys have a customer counter at the front of the store.
your sales should match the customers coming in. Being the first to see what goes out next is exciting. It would be nice if the stores had the freedom to place the merchandise differently but Bentleys wants all their stores to have the same layouts.
Pros
our discounts
Cons
quotas had to be made.
Great experience!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2018
Love my job at Bentley! everyday is a new experience, never boring and a lot to learn. Theres a lot of paper work to do but is easy as long as you willing to learn. customer services is my favorite part. In Bentley the customer is the most important part of our day.
Pros
Great management and coworkers
Cons
Not commissions per sales
Environnement de travail a horaire fixe
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC3 August 2018
J'ai tout appris grace à ce job ( comptage de caisse, ouverture/fermeture du magasin ) ...
Productive Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2018
inspired to travel from hearing people tell tales of their past travel experiences and help provide their needs before the flight. Great environment to work in
Pros
discounts
Cons
low salary wage