Bentley & Cie Ltée

Bentley & Cie Ltée Employee Reviews

Canada278 reviews
As manager you salary was not much. I could of worked in a corner store and made more. It was not worth the headache. I had great staff, but they are all looking for job security at this point
Pros
50% off
Cons
You don’t get 40 hours a week
I had a medical emergency and had to go on EI for awhile. Thought nothing of it, everyone was really nice and they made it easy for me. That was until I tried to return, fought me the whole time. Wanted me to come back in a month, when legally they have to in either next payroll or in two weeks. Tried to explain that and they wouldn't listen, called labor board and was told the samething. They were forced to put me on the schedule then the management proceeded to bully me.
No support from upper management. Lying and broken promises on a daily basis. Listening to the wrong people. It’s all in a days work at Bentley. Heard they cleaned house at the executive level of the problem people finally. Too bad they didn’t listen while I worked there. Simply a terrible company to work for. Run
Pros
Not much
Cons
See my review
DM take all the credit for what employees do, and expect the GM to do their jobs so they can sit back and not show up to work. There is no support for GM from their DM.
Overall Bentley is a great place to work. However, I had a a bad manager who threaten to fire us if we didn't meet sales goals regardless of exterior factors such as weather or holidays. But, when I had a good manager it was a great experienced and the staff got along much better.
Pros
Less Customers
Cons
Strict Sale goals
Management isn’t always professional, and will act like teens when you aren’t around. Taking behind your back instead of to your face. The pay is not good for the amount of work you have to do. Especially if you have to do more than your own job description. And if you ask for a raise to compensate for the work you are told that you are ungrateful. As a first job it does show you how retail is but I do not recommend staying longer than 6 months.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, pay, no break until 6 hours and sometimes you don’t get it
Réception , entrepôsage et présentation de la marchandise.
Respecter les guides de présentation visuelle.

maintenir une ambiance de travail agréable et positive

ventes et atteinte des objectifs
Management was very rude to employees, and customers. Benefits were subpar to say the least. Stock was very heavy. Workplace culture was very toxic and uncomfortable.
Coworkers are what makes this job. Shifts are extremely slow - how often do people buy luggage? - but successfully selling items gives a good sense of achievement. They did make me do keyholder duties when I was still a sales associate (at min wage), so beware.
You won’t get any hours here!
The store has less than100 hr budget and it goes to the mngr and assistant “ about 70” hr . Then more than 4 pet timers will get the rest 🤐
Pros
Employee’s discount
Cons
No job/ hrs
They don’t give more than 8 hrs per week for the part timers! And wants an open availability to get it! If you want a job for 4 hrs weekly it could be a thing for you , but if you are looking for a real job skip it.
There is no chance for advancement as well no matter how good you are and all the effort and “ kpi “# you achieve will be ignored.to be a manager you will have to be 50+ And have 10+years at Bentley !
Bentley was my first job in ontario. The manager and the whole team helped me alot. Working hours were flexible and work load was moderate too. They taught me how to efficiently work in a fast paced environment
it was great working with the people lots of great time .i will always love work with great people it was my first job in Canada so i do really enjoy it beautiful.
I worked at Bentley for almost 3 years. I was taught a lot by my store manager and fellow sales associates. Hours were not the best during the slow season, but that's to be expected for retail.
The District Manager and positions above were what ruined this job. There were unrealistic expectations about sales goals, they were completely out of touch with the customers that Bentley brought in and what the customers were wanting. The DM was very catty, would constantly gossip and talk behind everyone's back, would make fun of people's appearance and everything that didn't fit her "standards".

Very high turn-over rate, but people quit their boss, not their job.
I have no review or anything nice to say for this employer. Wasn't a good experience. Not recommend this job to anyone. Maybe if they changed their values and treat their employees better.
ALOT of employee turnover, especially with management. I had 3 district managers and 4 store managers in almost 2 years. When I was promoted to ASM I asked for training and was told my manager of 4 days was supposed to train me (she left after 3 weeks).
The company isn't worth your sanity.
I worked for Bentley from 2010-2015. Ad the store manager working 35-40 hours a week , I only made 13.65 an hour. Now that was before the minimum wage went up to 15.00 per hour. Still as the store manager at the time, I felt I was under paid . The location I worked at was quite slow and subsequently the store is now closed. Performed normal manager duties.
Bentley is very structured, very results-oriented and very strict. I enjoyed the honesty with which management provided feedback; however, feedback was constant. They definitely use the first three months to watch you carefully. If you enjoy a fast-paced job in close quarters with a sales and merchandising focus
Worked for this company for years and wished I hadn't stayed. All sales responsibility lies with the associates. Corporate puts all blame on associates when sales plummet due to overpriced products and terrible sales promotions. I was considered full time with 25 hrs a week and NO benefits. When my store was closing no head office support, it was like we didn't exist anymore.
a typical day is being on the sales floor and give great customer service to all customers that walk through the door, and listen to their travel stories where they have been or going to. Through the years I've learned many things about luggage and great places to visit. Its not a hard job in general but its a challenging job at moments but also very rewarding at times and enjoyable . At back to school its great to see the kids come and pick out their backpacks and ready to take on another school year or going for the first time. Customers coming in to pick their luggage because their going on a great trip, Bentley has been and still is a nice company to work for but recently went through alot of changes, with restructure of the company,and many stores closed. I've worked with many nice people at the store level and district managers and have a great relationship with management, past and present. In conclusion I like to say I've learned many things while working for Bentley, Payroll, inventory, schedules, conversions , and led a team of 10 sales people.
The job and management were good and everyone was very friendly. There is not enough hours to go around the store unfortunately so there are weeks you could only get 3 hours. The discount was pretty good although with sales around Christmas and Black Friday it really didn't matter much since it was almost the same. The sales are competitive and treated similar to if you were getting commission but it is only minimum wage.
Pros
Easy job, good co-workers/management, employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours, lacking job security