Bentall Kennedy

Bentall Kennedy Employee Reviews

Canada63 reviews
The lawyer for BentallGreenOak was not the person he thought he was. He let me go after 10 years of service without any reason given not even to the management staff.
Pros
Cons
Higher up position people
This is a highly stressful extremely formal environment. If you don't check your personality at the door you will not fit in. All business all the time. Women are very under represented.
Pros
Some opportunity to improve skills though internal training
Cons
Still a true boys club and no one really seems to be having any fun at work.
management isn't that approachable. doesn't demonstrate well high versus low priority. HR department seem to listen to more management staff than normal regular staff.
management reviews are not based on facts.
Everything is good about BK. Higher management, HR, salary, benefits every thing is better than other properties. .........................................
I enjoyed my contract employment as a Community Manager.
Interpersonal Skills to liaison with the public, trades, BK employees and tenants are paramount. You should be fluent in english, be empathetic in circumstances, yet firm when necessary. Multi tasking and time management skills are essential
One person carries an inordinate share of work, not left to complete tasks before being sent off to do something else. Lack of responsibility from onsite management. Yelling is used to motivate. Lack of respect shown.
Awful IT manager that ran the IT department like a child, hold grudges against most of her staff and always failing to communicate with any member of her team. Very rude and unfriendly place to work
I had many managers over the years at Bentall but found them all to be fairminded and encouraging. When a position came open they often recommended me to apply for it. I gained a vast amount of experience there.
Excellent work life balance, good benefits, pay is not that great, but company provide employment security. Good management, summer hours, convenient location
poor management, lack of emotional intelligence. I think they need to have more empathy towards co workers when things get really bad. You can be replaced the next day kinda feeling working there
they are now (QuadReal)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bentall Kennedy?
Contract to fill a position during a maternity leave. I would have stayed if it was at all possible. One of the most professionally competent organization that I have ever been associated with.
Worked for the company and worked in the building at 10 Dundas east and handed out free movie tickets to customers. Fast paced and gave me the chance to interact with people which I really liked.
Best Company I have ever worked with. Won't leave this job if I didn't have some family problems. One of largest property management and logistic company in north America.
Not a good company to work with. Toxic environment, Workplace harrassment, micromanagement, low pay, no Overtime, overwork and underpaid. No job security.
Cons
Toxic environment, over work, underpaid, no job security
Enjoyed working for Bentall. Treated employees fairly. Everyone worked as a team. Management staff were great and always willing to let you improve and move forward. They were very supportive.
its short term contract to finish backlog. For me its a great opportunity to apply my skills and enhance my work experience in the field of property management.
As an operator at Bentall you have opportunities to build your skills. Most building operators work inside and don’t have a lot of physically or mentally demanding tasks. There is some growth potential in earnings.
Management was pretty good in my opinion.

They pay for all safety courses and technical courses that benefit the company.

The only issue with the company is that they don’t reward employees who are loyal to the business. They don’t allow current employees to interview for new openings. They “say” they hire within. Instead, they look outside the company for new managers or promotions. It would have been worth seeing bentall offering mentoring programs or cross training between departments. That way they could foster new growth and ideas within the organization.

It’s a good place if you want a pay Cheque, simple work, and you don’t want to work in the cold.

There are a lot of menial tasks and also- you should expect to be comfortable with unclogging toilets regularly if you work in the downtown portfolio. Overall, I found it boring after 4 years and didn’t see any reason to stay. Also, my immediate manager told me the upper level managers wanted to find a way to get rid of operators to reduce cost.

I have no regrets working for Bentall but I probably wouldn’t go back.
Pros
Free coffee every day, long paid safety meetings, Easy money, consistent pay Cheque, little to no skill required, free donuts at meetings, benefits, parking downtown, some free lunches, I once got a bonus Cheque when the company had a profitable year
Cons
Pay structure- some people with less skills received better compensation, expected to work weekends regularly, no real opportunity to grow technical skill set, not challenging in anyway
The company provides great job opportunities and experience. The opportunity for training and education is highly valued and company pays for courses. The pay is fair.
The work load was heavy and higher management was not concerned about the work load on the employees. Employees need to work lots of overtime to get things completed without compensation or recognition. The current General manager for Winnipeg did not help out the staff which caused other managers & employees to pick up the load and work long hours. Managers had little time for their staff and didn't want to be disturbed. The staff got burnt out quickly and were frequently sick.

Workplace harassment issues went unresolved which made for a unhealthy work place. The communication was poor and staff were never included on big decision making items that would affect them.

If the work load was properly distributed and the managers were more supportive the company would be great to work for.
Pros
Good location, good experience
Cons
Poor management & communication
Good place to work. Well rewarded for your hard work. Unstable job could be replaced easily. management were difficult and always buy, hard to approach. It was nice to have half Fridays in the summer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management were difficult
Good benefits, Good conditions, feeling appreciated, colleagues are very competent and like to help out, everyone works hard and give their 150%, management professional and treat all the employees equally.
Good company to work for. Provides training and support. Many different sites and offices to work out of. Experience may differ depending on location, but overall good place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bentall Kennedy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9