Benson Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Good people at the store level
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 September 2019
Great folks at the store levels however upper management only cares about you making them $$. They make promises they don't keep and are very sly in getting what they want. Overall great atmosphere in the stores but don't expect anything from above.
Family Owned and Run
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON8 July 2019
I started with the company doing deliveries but I was able to advance into management.
I was also given the opportunity to take a two year college course which was paid for by the company. I now have my red seal trade certification because of this! Benson's is a great place to make a career.
Pros
Monday to Friday's and the occaional Saturday.
Great Company Great People
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 July 2019
Very well organized company, great staff and fair wages. Management is very helpful and supportive. Positive team environment.!! Show up positive, Work Hard and you will be appreciated and recognized.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
N/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2019
Good place to work, if you work hard you get opportunities to advance. Management team working hard for you. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for work.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
this company cares about its employees, competitive salary/benefit package
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON11 June 2019
great place to work, large emphasis on family. The owner cares for you as an individual, has done many fund raisers over the years for staff in need. if you want to work and learn there is plenty of potential for advancement with so many stores in a small geographical area. This company promotes from within whenever possible.
Pros
closing extra days at Christmas
Cons
customers can be very grumpy at times
Long term career
management (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2019
I started sweeping the floors and putting away stock...moved into the warehouse...delivered parts...shifted my career into becoming a counter person and loved it....was helped through the years with multiple mentors...started to learn and understand the best leadership traits and qualities, which enabled me to be promoted to management...treating people with respect and being fair in our day to day business is what makes our family run company operate successfully.
Its a great place for students during the summer
Its a great place for retirees who want to continue to work but not full time
Its a great place for anyone to build a career in the automotive parts aftermarket-you even get pretty good deals on replacement parts for you cars.
Decent
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 June 2019
This is a decent place to work, the employees and camaraderie make it a great place to work. I am employed with a supportive team. I also like my hours of work.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment
Great Atmosphere To Work In
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Ontario10 June 2019
Staff are friendly always eager to help customers, great care is put into the store to make it run efficiently. Everyone always has a positive outlook and brainstorms on how to draw in new customers and keep current ones happy.
Pros
Work Schedule
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 June 2019
Been with the company 20 plus years, great team to work with from top to bottom, very helpful when time needed to be with sick family members, all staff including the office staff in Cornwall are great to deal with.
Pros
very flexable with team members that have kids
Cons
all good
Professional, with career opportunities.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa Valley10 June 2019
This is an excellent employer to start your career. Very professional, and fun place to work. Plenty of opportunities for advancement with lots of dedicated employees with many years of knowledge that are always willing to help. Great benefits package for single person or a family. You will not be disappointed to join this great team.
tres bonne ambiance de travail
gerant (Current Employee) –  Benson Auto Parts10 June 2019
Une cie pret a former, aider, ecouter et evoluer avec ses employes. J'aime travailler en equipe et cest ce que je retrouve a chaque jour. Il faut etre ouvert aux changements et etre pret a evoluer.
Pros
travail d'equipe
Many Oppurtunities
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2019
I have worked for Benson Tire for 7 years, Benson tire went above and beyond to make my years enjoyable, They encouraged me to learn every aspect of the company with the opportunity of growth within there organization. I would recommend Benson Tire if you are looking for a sable and rewarding place to work.
Pros
Company growth
Secure and professional fun place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2019
Benson Auto parts has many diverse job opportunities and is a great place to work! it is a fast paced yet fun environment with many great people who have become like family
I truly enjoy working at Benson's!
Pros
Exciting!
Dynamic place to work
Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 June 2019
> fast paced environment with new things to learn & do daily
> diverse range of staff & customers keeps it interesting
> management in general cares for the well being of the staff that work here
> strong team dynamic is encouraged & embraced
> satisfying a broad range of customer & employee needs & wants is the hardest part of the job
> working with small business owners & staff to help them be successful is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
working with good staff & customers
Good stable place to work mixed with fun...
Operation/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2019
Great work environment, high pace work place with good people, Fun from day to day,,,great bunch of people to work with who help each other succeed. When we spend as much time at work as we do people need to get along wih each other and i find that this is waht its like here
Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 June 2019
Benson took over the company I worked for. New management were more focused on procedures at first so it was very different. But it's a much bigger company and they renovated the store for us.
I work on the counter answering phones and selling parts, we have lots of walk in business.
My manager is good at what he does and very fair with all staff.
Pros
Communication
Nice Company
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2019
I enjoyed the staff, we all got along. Store I worked at was clean and bright.
I answer phones, put away stock and occasionally drive.
Strong upper management but could have visited our location more often.
Had to leave company to move to another province.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Driving
Good Times
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2019
Everyone within company mostly positive. I enjoy my job delivering parts. Management very personable. I am retired and company lets me schedule just enough hours so taxes are not an issue. Delivery car is old but well maintained. A good place to work.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Driving
Good Times
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2019
Pros
Driving
Cons
Driving
Great Company
Counter Person (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 June 2019
Been with Benson over 11 years now. Very positive atmosphere, great people to work with. Continuous up to date training.
Benefits and salary on par with industry.
Pros
Staff