Benjamin Moore Management reviews

Part Time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2018
As each Benjamin Moore is privately owned as a franchise, the consistency of management is questionable. It was alright for a part time job during school.
Pros
Flexible working hours during studies
Colour Expert - Benjamin Moore
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 March 2018
The locations I have the pleasure to work in are filled with employees and owners who all take an active role in the businesses positive culture and sales successes. We are encouraged to participate in any and all company initiatives and are given praise for our ideas. Most enjoyable part of the job; opportunity to offer professional product knowledge and guidance to customers who enter our locations. Knowing we have done our best to assist customers select products that suit the project and skill level they are working with.
Pros
Great culture;knowledgable, fun supportive team members, including the owners and management.
Cons
Long hours on your feet.
Fast paced and tiring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 February 2018
Overall i can't say it's a bad place to work. Some micromanaging and not a very high ceiling in the pay raise department. Its hard, draining work. It'll leave you tired
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2018
Work was enjoyable each day
Great management
Professional staff
Learned a lot about homeowners needs and wants
Flexible for employees
Great working conditions
Calm Environment with a tight-knit team of individuals, a healthy working environment with creative people
Online Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
This job entailed conducting market surveys to analyze where our online marketing efforts should be focused towards. The management and workplace culture was very supportive, open-minded and collaborative.
One of the Worst Places I've Ever Worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
- Long hours: 10 to 12 hour shifts on a weekly basis
- No health/dental benefits: even when you work full-time, because this company is franchised
- No solid schedule: the schedule changes on a weekly basis, and you are often shifted from store to store, even if it's out of your travel range
- Management is impersonal, there is no rapport or connection between management and staff
- No direct deposit: hand-written cheques are dropped off on an infrequent basis (not even on the actual payday sometimes)
- No set breaks or lunches: lunches are fully paid but you are expected to have a quick bite and then get back to work
- You will not feel valued as an employee
Pros
Money is given for coffee and snacks per month, decent pay per hour
Cons
Long hours, impersonal management, not a professional environment, no set breaks or lunches
Envy Paint and Design - poor management
Retail Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 February 2016
Management and higher ups care very little about their staff. Poor communication to the staff, and didn't receive any benefits during my time there. Low pay, but great customers.
Pros
Vacation time, great customers
Cons
Owners, no benefits
Productive and fun workplace.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2015
A typical day at work, I would come in and fill up the paint base into the machine. What I've learned is customer service, organizational skills and time management. Because you need to have time management to know what paint you have to mix and help customer at the same time and during that time. You need to have organizational skills so that you don't get confused with orders. The management team was nice and laid back. They were understandable with everyone's situation. The hardest part of the job was that make your you did get right product for right colour so you don't mix wrong colours to the paint base so that doesn't cost our time and the company's time. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching machine shooting the base colour for the colour mix. It was some how relaxing me.
Stay Clear
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta10 November 2014
Company sends mixed messages, one day your doing great, next day they stab you in the back. No leadership in western Canada, serious lack of communication, NO support for the territory Rep's.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Lack of leadership in western canada
Interior Decorator Residential & Commercial
Interior Decorator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2014
 Confident individual with good interpersonal skills
 Positive attitude, reliable and can be counted upon for excellent attendance and punctuality
 Self-motivated and independent
 Willing to work as often as necessary to accommodate the needs of your business
 Experienced in fast pace environments and office settings
 Works well as a part of a team
 Leadership and management experience
 Educated in task planning and problem solving
 Colour Consultations, commercial and residential applications
 Window Treatments, commercial and residential applications
 Provided expert advice and exceptional customer service, promoted and advertised
Positive family owned business, consistently growing.
Key Holder & Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Benjamin Moore in the past three years.

A typical day at work for me includes opening the store, preparing the tint machine and computers, and helping customers and contractors. My main duties are to ensure the store is tidy and presentable, stock product and assist customers with color, products, paint, stain and any general inquires they may have.

Management at Benjamin Moore is excellent. I've always received appropriate feedback based on my performance, and always feel appreciated as an employee. They also listen to my concerns and continue to encourage me to further my education.

The hardest part of the job is moving all the paint product around when we decide to remodel the store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers on their big and small projects. I love giving people advice and assurance that they will be happy with the final product.
Very inviting worklace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Albert, ON7 March 2013
Management was great
Co-workers were great
I learned a lot about paint
A fun and yet professional environment to work. A company with great culture and values that promotes a work/life balance.
Financial Analyst and Co-ownership Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario4 February 2013
It is a friendly and yet professional environment to work in.Throughout the years of experience at Benjamin Moore, I have learned a lot and developed skills through hands on experience in different finance and accounting areas. I worked with very kind and helpful staff who wouldn't miss a chance to share their knowledge and expertise. During business trips away from home, we developed strong friendship and partnerships. The management was offering direction and help while leaving room for each one's individual and personal input.
Pros
subsidized lunches, flexible hours with the possibility to work from home if needed
Cons
the potential to learn new stuff has lately been reduced.