Benjamin Moore Employee Reviews

Colour Expert - Benjamin Moore
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 March 2018
The locations I have the pleasure to work in are filled with employees and owners who all take an active role in the businesses positive culture and sales successes. We are encouraged to participate in any and all company initiatives and are given praise for our ideas. Most enjoyable part of the job; opportunity to offer professional product knowledge and guidance to customers who enter our locations. Knowing we have done our best to assist customers select products that suit the project and skill level they are working with.
Pros
Great culture;knowledgable, fun supportive team members, including the owners and management.
Cons
Long hours on your feet.
perte d'emploi suite à la relocalisation des emplois au États-unis
Opérateur en procédé chimique (recette) principal (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 February 2018
beaucoup de formations acquises sur la santé et la sécurité mais très peu sur l'utilisation des machines et leur fonctionnement
Pros
santé sécurité
Cons
fonctionnement des machines
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2018
Work was enjoyable each day
Great management
Professional staff
Learned a lot about homeowners needs and wants
Flexible for employees
Great working conditions
great work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
great work, wonderful atmosphere, loved working with my coworkers an helping customers. had many jobs to do, help customers, make up the paint, make sure they have the supplies they are looking for and then check them out and have them on there way with there paint.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
wasnt anything bad
One of the Worst Places I've Ever Worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
- Long hours: 10 to 12 hour shifts on a weekly basis
- No health/dental benefits: even when you work full-time, because this company is franchised
- No solid schedule: the schedule changes on a weekly basis, and you are often shifted from store to store, even if it's out of your travel range
- Management is impersonal, there is no rapport or connection between management and staff
- No direct deposit: hand-written cheques are dropped off on an infrequent basis (not even on the actual payday sometimes)
- No set breaks or lunches: lunches are fully paid but you are expected to have a quick bite and then get back to work
- You will not feel valued as an employee
Pros
Money is given for coffee and snacks per month, decent pay per hour
Cons
Long hours, impersonal management, not a professional environment, no set breaks or lunches
Benjamin Moore review
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2016
I loved working with the people there.
But I moved so I couldn't stay long but i wish i could have.
the people who came in were amazing regulars.
Pleasant and engaging shifts working with both retail customers and contractors
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 April 2016
A typical day includes stocking the paint and paint products, tinting paint and filling tinting machines, cleaning and engaging with customers to fulfill their needs through matching colours to their homes and finding the right product for them.

I have learned how to manage my time by working the closing shifts as i am the only worker available to help customers, clean and close the store. During the day, i have learned how to work efficiently with my coworkers to give customers the best paint experience possible.
Fun and relaxed environment yet professional and very knowledgeable people.
Sales Associate and Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON31 March 2016
-learned an incredible amount about stain, wallpaper, paint and decorating.
-co workers are amazing who help you when needed
-amazing owner who taught me so much and was very appreciative and worked around me and my school schedule
-I really enjoyed colour consults and working with the people I got to work with
Pros
They worked around me and my schedule-they are very flexible
Cons
worked every weekend
good environment and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood park/ Edmonton20 March 2016
My co-workers were all really great people to be around. Made work more enjoyable with people I could have conversations with. Some days were slower but the typical day I got to help guide customers through paint buying process. I would help select colours, once they have the colour they want I would find the correct product to suit their personal project. I custom tinted paint products to the selected colour and then mixed the paint. Toughest part of the job was definitely when the store got really busy and you are dealing with more than one customer at a time, it can feel pretty hectic but definitely is alright in the end.
bonne avis c etait une tres bonne entreprise ou travailler
Ligne de remplissage (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC19 February 2016
C'était très bien j'ai appris beaucoup, ils m'ont fait suivre la formation pour conduire les chariots-élévateur. La manufacture etait tres bien géré avec un tres grand respect pour les empoyés, nous étions pas syndiqué mais c'était tout comme sans les frais du syndicat. Nous avions beaucoup de formations sur la santé et sécurité. Les patrons était très positif, nous avions une belle ambiance de travail.
Pros
bonne condtions, tres respectueux de leurs employé(e)s
Cons
La manufacture a fermé
Envy Paint and Design - poor management
Retail Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 February 2016
Management and higher ups care very little about their staff. Poor communication to the staff, and didn't receive any benefits during my time there. Low pay, but great customers.
Pros
Vacation time, great customers
Cons
Owners, no benefits
Was alright
Stock Clerk/Paint Maker (Former Employee) –  4144 Midland Avenue1 December 2015
As a stock clerk I stocked items in a neat and orderly fashion and took orders to make paint. It was overall an "okay" job but not a job I would like to do for more than a couple months.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2015
A typical day at work, I would come in and fill up the paint base into the machine. What I've learned is customer service, organizational skills and time management. Because you need to have time management to know what paint you have to mix and help customer at the same time and during that time. You need to have organizational skills so that you don't get confused with orders. The management team was nice and laid back. They were understandable with everyone's situation. The hardest part of the job was that make your you did get right product for right colour so you don't mix wrong colours to the paint base so that doesn't cost our time and the company's time. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching machine shooting the base colour for the colour mix. It was some how relaxing me.
Stay Clear
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta10 November 2014
Company sends mixed messages, one day your doing great, next day they stab you in the back. No leadership in western Canada, serious lack of communication, NO support for the territory Rep's.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Lack of leadership in western canada
Interior Decorator Residential & Commercial
Interior Decorator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2014
 Confident individual with good interpersonal skills
 Positive attitude, reliable and can be counted upon for excellent attendance and punctuality
 Self-motivated and independent
 Willing to work as often as necessary to accommodate the needs of your business
 Experienced in fast pace environments and office settings
 Works well as a part of a team
 Leadership and management experience
 Educated in task planning and problem solving
 Colour Consultations, commercial and residential applications
 Window Treatments, commercial and residential applications
 Provided expert advice and exceptional customer service, promoted and advertised
Amazing Place to work!
Sales / Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 June 2014
Everything about this job is incredible from the staff to the hours! To the environment your surrounded by ! Its a work place that actually cares about its customers and staff!
Inviting and friendly environment
Interior Decorator & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2014
A typical day consists of reviewing daily cash reports, emails and phone calls,placing inventory orders, answering customer inquiries and offering decorating advice. My co-workers and the contractors that come in are all very friendly and make the work environment enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is dealing the public. Most people are friendly but there are times where an impatient customer can make your day more difficult. But for the most part I end the day feeling good.
Pros
Benefits for full-time employees, schedule flexibility, nice people to work with
Cons
working weekends and nights, dealing with difficult customers, cannot advance in the company
Administrative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough30 April 2014
- Taking orders over the phone
- Making sure the paint are properly mixed.
- In charge of monthly statements.
- Tracking transfer items.
- Placing paint and accessory orders for the store.
- Other managerial roles.
Pros
Flexible environment
Cons
great work invironment,fun people.a place where you feel you belong
Paint Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  burlington on.5 February 2014
i cure and hand fill the paint to spec.then sort all old paint to be refurbished.I learned how to mix and mill paint.My co-workers were all very close like a big familly .The hardest part of the job would be cleaning spilled paint.The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with my co-workers we always had interesting stories
Pros
free lunches awesome christmass party with lots of prizes to give away
Cons
cleaning paint spills
Positive family owned business, consistently growing.
Key Holder & Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Benjamin Moore in the past three years.

A typical day at work for me includes opening the store, preparing the tint machine and computers, and helping customers and contractors. My main duties are to ensure the store is tidy and presentable, stock product and assist customers with color, products, paint, stain and any general inquires they may have.

Management at Benjamin Moore is excellent. I've always received appropriate feedback based on my performance, and always feel appreciated as an employee. They also listen to my concerns and continue to encourage me to further my education.

The hardest part of the job is moving all the paint product around when we decide to remodel the store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers on their big and small projects. I love giving people advice and assurance that they will be happy with the final product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benjamin Moore. Our community is ready to answer.