Benjamin Moore Employee Reviews

Part Time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2018
As each Benjamin Moore is privately owned as a franchise, the consistency of management is questionable. It was alright for a part time job during school.
Pros
Flexible working hours during studies
Great people; great clients!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON13 October 2018
It was such a blast working for this company and the individual owner. Unfortunately he no longer owns it, but I loved the experience so much. My fellow employees became life long friends!
Good Workplace
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2018
I can't speak much on salary due to only working as a stagier,the overall job was good but days were a bit slow. I enjoyed creating displays and talking with customers.
paint
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 July 2018
paint store. one of the very many paint companies out there. they claim to have the highest quality paint with the best washibility. I can say that it has worked well for me in the past
Pros
quality
Cons
price
Great work environment
Paint sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 June 2018
It was a great place to work, there was a lot of satisfaction in helping customers get the right colour & the right products for their jobs. Working with my Co-workers was more like family than just a job
Pros
Very relaxing environment
Cons
great people to work with
Co-op- Benjamin Moore (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON17 April 2018
during my time at benjamin moore i worked with great staff and was always welcomed and helped if needed, although because it is a paint store winter was very slow so the days seemed long. but with good people they went by quicker
Pros
great staff
Cons
slow days
Colour Expert - Benjamin Moore
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 March 2018
The locations I have the pleasure to work in are filled with employees and owners who all take an active role in the businesses positive culture and sales successes. We are encouraged to participate in any and all company initiatives and are given praise for our ideas. Most enjoyable part of the job; opportunity to offer professional product knowledge and guidance to customers who enter our locations. Knowing we have done our best to assist customers select products that suit the project and skill level they are working with.
Pros
Great culture;knowledgable, fun supportive team members, including the owners and management.
Cons
Long hours on your feet.
Fast paced and tiring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 February 2018
Overall i can't say it's a bad place to work. Some micromanaging and not a very high ceiling in the pay raise department. Its hard, draining work. It'll leave you tired
perte d'emploi suite à la relocalisation des emplois au États-unis
Opérateur en procédé chimique (recette) principal (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 February 2018
beaucoup de formations acquises sur la santé et la sécurité mais très peu sur l'utilisation des machines et leur fonctionnement
Pros
santé sécurité
Cons
fonctionnement des machines
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2018
Work was enjoyable each day
Great management
Professional staff
Learned a lot about homeowners needs and wants
Flexible for employees
Great working conditions
A great place to work
Translator & Translation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2017
Great place to work with a lot of room to give your opinion, manage your time, and learn something new everyday.

The hardest part of the job would be the job security and the most enjoyable would be the friendly work environment.
Great
Paint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 October 2017
I only worked there for two months. But it was a fun two months, I only left because the travel time was a lot and the hours I was getting weren't worth it. but it was a fun time.
Calm Environment with a tight-knit team of individuals, a healthy working environment with creative people
Online Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
This job entailed conducting market surveys to analyze where our online marketing efforts should be focused towards. The management and workplace culture was very supportive, open-minded and collaborative.
great work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
great work, wonderful atmosphere, loved working with my coworkers an helping customers. had many jobs to do, help customers, make up the paint, make sure they have the supplies they are looking for and then check them out and have them on there way with there paint.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
wasnt anything bad
One of the Worst Places I've Ever Worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
- Long hours: 10 to 12 hour shifts on a weekly basis
- No health/dental benefits: even when you work full-time, because this company is franchised
- No solid schedule: the schedule changes on a weekly basis, and you are often shifted from store to store, even if it's out of your travel range
- Management is impersonal, there is no rapport or connection between management and staff
- No direct deposit: hand-written cheques are dropped off on an infrequent basis (not even on the actual payday sometimes)
- No set breaks or lunches: lunches are fully paid but you are expected to have a quick bite and then get back to work
- You will not feel valued as an employee
Pros
Money is given for coffee and snacks per month, decent pay per hour
Cons
Long hours, impersonal management, not a professional environment, no set breaks or lunches
Benjamin Moore review
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2016
I loved working with the people there.
But I moved so I couldn't stay long but i wish i could have.
the people who came in were amazing regulars.
worked there many years
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 May 2016
was a very good starter job for me, ended up working there for 8 years cause i enjoyed the work and the people. learned lots about paint and paint application as well as meeting new people.
small staff like family,
Warehouse Facility Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2016
prioritizing the orders and workday, Warehouse layout and planning, working with staff as a team to complete orders, keeping ahead of paint stocking orders. working with trucking companies and freight prices, building maintenance,
Pros
working & comunicating with all the dealers
Cons
changed tremendously when USA took over
Pleasant and engaging shifts working with both retail customers and contractors
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 April 2016
A typical day includes stocking the paint and paint products, tinting paint and filling tinting machines, cleaning and engaging with customers to fulfill their needs through matching colours to their homes and finding the right product for them.

I have learned how to manage my time by working the closing shifts as i am the only worker available to help customers, clean and close the store. During the day, i have learned how to work efficiently with my coworkers to give customers the best paint experience possible.
Fun and relaxed environment yet professional and very knowledgeable people.
Sales Associate and Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON31 March 2016
-learned an incredible amount about stain, wallpaper, paint and decorating.
-co workers are amazing who help you when needed
-amazing owner who taught me so much and was very appreciative and worked around me and my school schedule
-I really enjoyed colour consults and working with the people I got to work with
Pros
They worked around me and my schedule-they are very flexible
Cons
worked every weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benjamin Moore. Our community is ready to answer.