Benevity Employee Reviews

Fast growing company with great mission and great people
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
It's great to work at a company where the mission (and reality!) is to help causes get more $ to do what they do best - and work with people who are all passionate about that mission. Benevity is growing fast (very fast) so people who are comfortable with rapid change will be happy at Benevity. We've grown fast (90-250 people in a year!) so there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and also times where the company is catching up with processes... Best part? The people, the interesting work, the clients, the causes. Challenges? Rapid growth, so new co-workers, lots of information, communication.
Pros
Great space, smart people, interesting work, mission to do good
Cons
Growing fast, and all that comes with that
The most dysfunctional tech company
CS (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
There are no processes or standards in place, no consistency... It is a free for all for people to do what they want. People are only promoted because they know someone. Most managers are mid-20s with no education, experience, knowledge, or skills. The company as a whole is fraught with bad decision making, poor assumptions, and virtually zero concept of business fundamentals. There is no development or mentorship of employees. It is like a bunch of whiny toddlers running around trying to get their way. Most people don't like to collaborate, they are all about me-me-me so they can try and look good.
Pros
Mostly great people to work with
Cons
Inadequate and inexperienced leadership at all levels